What PSL is the 80th percentile mark?

A

ArabIncel

Solstice
Let’s say someone is in the top 20% in the looks department (that is, 80th percentile). What PSL would they be?

Idk may be 5PSL

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, Deleted member 3195 and Sasaz2
Its almost certainly a bell curve. Too lazy to do actual calculation but almost 70% of values fall within one standard deviation of the mean. Let's say average PSL is 4 (5/1.25 = 4). I'm gonna throw out an estimate of the standard deviation as .8 PSL, meaning most people are between 3.2 and 4.8 PSL or between a 4 and a 6 in real life. Which makes sense to me, because I think when you get called a "7" is when you usually start thinking of yourself as above average. No one likes being a 6, many would be happy with 7. Obviously being considered a 4 would suck but being called a 3 is when you really are being called legit ugly, i.e. significantly below average. Under this almost no one is above a 8 or below a 2 also, which makes complete sense to me. Its a commonly held notion that a 10/10 IRL and an 8/8 PSL does not exist.
Very roughly this gives a PSL of 4.7 for 80th percentile or about a 5.6/10 IRL. The std. dev might be an underestimate but my personal expectation, even with probably confirmation basis, is that the top 20% probably starts around 6. No way it starts as high as 7.

I'd say about 6 for people around their prime age. Obviously much less if you include everybody.