What should I do? NHS or straight up go to the surgeon?

Weed

Weed

Hamlossus
I have an overbite, overjet and recessed chin and the best way for me to fix my subhumanity is by getting sliding genioplasty + BSSO. I am not sure about BSSO price but sliding genios cost from £1.5k to £15k, usually prople buy them for 3 or 5k. I have saved up £2k so far.
NHS could probably cover me for BSSO and braces, I am not sure if I am elligeble.
What should I do now? Go to my GP so he could take xrays and refer me to a surgeon? Or get xrays myself, consult a surgeon for sliding genioplasty since that's all I can afford atm? Will sliding genio alone make me happy? Will I waste my time with NHS?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
The NHS won't even prescribe me anything for a sleeping that's gotten so bad I had to drop out of college; if you're not bleeding out in the waiting room, the NHS couldn't give any less of a shit about you, if you actually want stuff fixed: go private.

• +1
The NHS won't even prescribe me anything for a sleeping that's gotten so bad I had to drop out of college; if you're not bleeding out in the waiting room, the NHS couldn't give any less of a shit about you, if you actually want stuff fixed: go private.
NHS gave me accutane once :D

• +1
NHS gave me accutane once :D

You lucky lucky man. I had to pay like £80 for 2 short, low-dose cycles and I think Im getting the acne again :/

• +1
You lucky lucky man. I had to pay like £80 for 2 short, low-dose cycles and I think Im getting the acne again :/
Wtf? I thought nobody paid for accutane in UK lol Just go to GP and he will refer you to the dermatologist and you get accutane from there.. ez?

• +1
But I dont have a LEGIT reason for accutane though. I do have acne, but only at a moderate level. Not enough for paranoid doctors to perscribe be accutane :/

• +1
But I dont have a LEGIT reason for accutane though. I do have acne, but only at a moderate level. Not enough for paranoid doctors to perscribe be accutane :/
Tell them it's P E R S I S T E N T

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 147
I have an overbite, overjet and recessed chin and the best way for me to fix my subhumanity is by getting sliding genioplasty + BSSO. I am not sure about BSSO price but sliding genios cost from £1.5k to £15k, usually prople buy them for 3 or 5k. I have saved up £2k so far.
NHS could probably cover me for BSSO and braces, I am not sure if I am elligeble.
What should I do now? Go to my GP so he could take xrays and refer me to a surgeon? Or get xrays myself, consult a surgeon for sliding genioplasty since that's all I can afford atm? Will sliding genio alone make me happy? Will I waste my time with NHS?
No one cares about what your teeth look like when aligned lmaoooo. Just get sliding genio or BSSO and make it LOOK good. Looks>function imo (within reason)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 6401
No one cares about what your teeth look like when aligned lmaoooo. Just get sliding genio or BSSO and make it LOOK good. Looks>function imo (within reason)
Well I would need to braces for 2 years before BSSO. I don't think you need braces before sliding genioplasty tho. What I will do is get the sliding genioplasty and then possibly bsso and braces later in life.

• +1
Well I would need to braces for 2 years before BSSO. I don't think you need braces before sliding genioplasty tho. What I will do is get the sliding genioplasty and then possibly bsso and braces later in life.
Good luck man

• +1
Never trust public health service in any country with big ticket items like cranioplasty, genioplasty, gynecomastia etc. that can leave you permanently deformed if not done right (not to mention public health services can even use apprentices or students for performing these!)

Save up for a certified plastic surgeon, preferably one with thousands of testimonials and before/after pictures. No matter how much you have to wageslave to afford it, it's worth it. The alternative is risking looking deformed for the rest of your life. If you read online experiences about cosmetic surgeries done in public hospitals, the results are often disastrous or less than satisfactory.

I didn't even trust public services with a mole removal on the face. Went to a very reputable plastic surgeon instead.

• +1
Good luck man
Thanks Nibba :3

Never trust public health service in any country with big ticket items like cranioplasty, genioplasty, gynecomastia etc. that can leave you permanently deformed if not done right (not to mention public health services can even use apprentices or students for performing these!)

Save up for a certified plastic surgeon, preferably one with thousands of testimonials and before/after pictures. No matter how much you have to wageslave to afford it, it's worth it. The alternative is risking looking deformed for the rest of your life. If you read online experiences about cosmetic surgeries done in public hospitals, the results are often disastrous or less than satisfactory.

I didn't even trust public services with a mole removal on the face. Went to a very reputable plastic surgeon instead.

Is there surgeons discussion forum? I can't register to jawsurgeryforums

• +1
Thanks Nibba :3

Is there surgeons discussion forum? I can't register to jawsurgeryforums
Why can't you register bro?

• +1
Why can't you register bro?
I don't know lol. They just declined my registration and told me to donate some jewcoins.

• +1

literally had the same experience lol.

With plastic surgery, go private.

If you have a major illness, the NHS is brilliant but if it's cosmetic or they think you can live with it, they'll try not to do anything and tell you to wait

• +1
literally had the same experience lol.

With plastic surgery, go private.

If you have a major illness, the NHS is brilliant but if it's cosmetic or they think you can live with it, they'll try not to do anything and tell you to wait
I've been on the waiting list for braces (dentistry isn't technically NHS, but funded and ran by them nonetheless) since I was 12, I'm 19 now and haven't heard anything regarding it haha.

• +1
I don't know lol. They just declined my registration and told me to donate some jewcoins.
Just....just lol at them

• +1