What sucks about jaw surgery

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I think I would be cool with jaw surgery if it wasnt for the fact that I would need to have braces for 2 years before and then 6 months to 1 year after the surgery. You are literally signing up for 3 fucking years of having to have shitty fucking braces. They need to come with an easier way to move jaws forward without all this fucking time. I swear there is a pill u can take which will automatically move your maxilla and lower jaw forward 5-10mm in the span of a week, without any surgery, but it is only allowed for the elite.

• +1
Reactions: wristcel
That's why fillers are the only viable option.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: 6ft8InTheNetherlands, turkproducer, MandibularCel and 5 others
I think I would be cool with jaw surgery if it wasnt for the fact that I would need to have braces for 2 years before and then 6 months to 1 year after the surgery. You are literally signing up for 3 fucking years of having to have shitty fucking braces. They need to come with an easier way to move jaws forward without all this fucking time. I swear there is a pill u can take which will automatically move your maxilla and lower jaw forward 5-10mm in the span of a week, without any surgery, but it is only allowed for the elite.
@TheLordMadness got Double jaw surgery without braces, because his occlusion was fine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054, Hepatologyscribe, noped and 4 others
That's why fillers are the only viable option.
Fillers, fat graft and implants should not be used to fraud forward growth. They can only advance the chin, while double jaw can advance the whole mandible, the lower maxilla and even improve the gonial angle thansk to CCW

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne, Gaia262, 6ft8InTheNetherlands and 6 others
I swear there is a pill u can take which will automatically move your maxilla and lower jaw forward 5-10mm in the span of a week, without any surgery, but it is only allowed for the elite.
81ORZLkIt-L.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe and noped
@TheLordMadness got Double jaw surgery without braces, because his occlusion was fine

Wtf? So he went in, got djs and then out and was done? No braces even after the surgery?

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe
Hm, so if imagine if I get braces, wear them for some time, correct my bite, wait 2-3 years, will I need to get braces again for j surgery?

Why not just get a wraparound implant?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Fillers, fat graft and implants should not be used to fraud forward growth. They can only advance the chin, while double jaw can advance the whole mandible, the lower maxilla and even improve the gonial angle thansk to CCW

Hm, so if imagine if I get braces, wear them for some time, correct my bite, wait 2-3 years, will I need to get braces again for j surgery?

Ye you will

with wrap around implants you can only advance forward your chin, which is the 5% of your mandible.
with double jaw surgery you can advance the whole mandible and the lower maxilla

LoL but why?

Because they need to put the teeth in the position they are supposed to be in after the jaw has been moved forward, so the braces are used to align the teeth for the position they are supposed to be in once you have the surgery, so its correct position on them post op

• +1
Reactions: SixFootManlet
with wrap around implants you can only advance forward your chin, which is the 5% of your mandible.
with double jaw surgery you can advance the whole mandible and the lower maxilla
Wraparounds cost $3000 to $4000, double jaw surgery can run from $20,000 to $40,000. The latter option is also more risky and potentially dangerous as it comes with adverse side effects. Double jaw surgery carries the risk of various complications including permanent facial numbness or even paralysis, but that's not surprising considering that it was originally invented as a radical solution to correct congenital dental deformities or for people unable to chew properly due to an excessive over or underbite.

• +1
Reactions: SixFootManlet
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054 and Sergio-OMS
Link sources
My brain is my source. I aint gonna spoonfeed you. Especially not to someone who didnt even rep my post jfl. Anyone who has spent a few hours researching this knows that surgery first exists. Especially in Europe.

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and MandibularCel
My brain is my source. I aint gonna spoonfeed you. Especially not to someone who didnt even rep my post jfl. Anyone who has spent a few hours researching this knows that surgery first exists. Especially in Europe.

I live in europe

I KNOW. WHY ELSE DO YOU THINK I INCLUDED THAT. JFL.

This. And anyway if your occlusion is bad there is a procedure called surgery first where u go for the surgery first and then braces for 3-4 months and u are ok to go

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416
This. And anyway if your occlusion is bad there is a procedure called surgery first where u go for the surgery first and then braces for 3-4 months and u are ok to go
So how long did the proccess take them from when u decided to get jaw surgery to when you actually got it done?

So how long did the proccess take them from when u decided to get jaw surgery to when you actually got it done?
It depends on which surgeon you choose , however not so much. After the first visit in which it is assessed what bone problem you have and a simulation of the surgery, from there if you want you can already book the surgery, at least with surgeon it works like this, I did it 5 months after the first visit but if I wanted I could do it even after 1 month

worse i paid 8k$ for my zirconia tooth. if i use braces i have to pay 8k$ again

surgery first method isn't always possible, btw. But yeah, it exists. I looked into it years ago

Isn't surgery first a bad idea in terms of aesthetic results?

Isn't surgery first a bad idea in terms of aesthetic results?
No. Some of the top European surgeons (most aesthetically inclined) use surgery first.

No. Some of the top European surgeons (most aesthetically inclined) use surgery first.

Could you name some of them, or pm me some of their names? Also, would the price be higher with surgery first?

i only needed braces for 6 months before surgery. every case is different. btw... 6 months of braces for a lifetime of improvement.... not a bad deal imo

Before I kill myself I have decided to get jaw surgery. If I still can't get a girlfriend I will rope. So for people like me with nothing to live for the time in braces means nothing.

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe
3 our of 4 third world surgeons I have talked to will do it without braces even though my teeth are not aligned perfectly bc I didn’t wear my retainer

3 our of 4 third world surgeons I have talked to will do it without braces even though my teeth are not aligned perfectly bc I didn’t wear my retainer
Not even after the surgery?

Not even after the surgery?

Well yes I can get braces after the surgery and probably will since teeth move a lot faster after jaw surgery.

It’s called surgery first but if you have a good bit can be done as surgery only
Who tf is only charging $3000 for a wraparound?

I'm sure if you get a wraparound you should get a custom PEEK (titanium) which is not $3000

Lol idiot PEEK is plastic poly ether ether ketone not titanium JFL. It’s biocompatible Plastic as strong as steel.

But you are right even a silicone wraparound is $10,000+ most places

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: noped
Google: Ramin Zarrinbal ; Tito Marianetti; Mirco Raffaini. Id rather not discuss prices too much but it will be minimum €15k

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
oh shit ur right, and apparently PEEK mogs even titanium

Yes it does as a material it’s just so hard to put in and needs a bigger scar and I don’t want people to to see a scar if they ask if I got Implant

yeah eppely said it requires more incisions than silicone,

tbh id take scars over having gay ass silicone in my face all day

bitches love scars
View attachment 281008

I don't think theres anything wrong with silicone tbh I'm probably getting and my surgeon gave me a choise.

more chances of getting infection, erosion etc.

why would u want that in your face, god knows what will happen to them in 20 plus years.

Infection and erosion chances are pretty much the same for all implant materials.

Not to mention the 50% relapse rate

In some patients it is feasible to do a surgery first approach safely.
In some patients it is feasible to use Invisalign safely.

No pills, sorry.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
get invisalign instead of braces

My braces will be 10-12month pre surgery and 6 months post surgery. I had them as a teen too.

I've been wearing braces for 7 years and it is hell
Worst part is that it doesnt fix under eye support and the recovery is horrible

I've been wearing braces for 7 years and it is hell
Worst part is that it doesnt fix under eye support and the recovery is horrible

7 years????? wtf why

If you don't have dental malocclusion you don't need braces.

Normally you wear braces after surgery for 6-8 months