What surgeries are necessary to improve my profile?

R

RM777

Iron
I have an overbite , I thought that's why my chin is so weak. But I went to the dentist and she said that my overbite is natural and I can't fix it with braces. I also want a straighter face and want to become a Normie. My brow is not perpendicular/straight, is that what you call recessed? I have made an appointment to see a orthopaedic surgeon for counciling but I still have to wait a month. I also tape my mouth at night and take sleeppills to prevent mouthbreathing, push my tongue on the pallate (mewing) and take fin, I have lifted my hairline on purpose because I thought it would look better/mature but I am not sure, I can lower it again. I am not sure how important the nose is. In general my budget is 10k $. I wanted to ask you what surgeries you would recommend to get the most incremental change.

• Ugh..
Reactions: kobecel and androidcel
Orthognatihc surgery would be ideal because it would fix your bite (It allows you to essentially redesign the position of both your jaws), but it's far too expensive (starting from 20k USD) and it also has an extremely long recovery time (You won't be able to chew for 6 weeks and will only be recovered in 3 months). A genio on the other hand (Whether its a sliding genioplasty or just a chin implant) could achieve a similar result with a much shorter recovery (one week to go back to work, two weeks for the swelling to end, one month to be fully recovered) and it's also multiple times cheaper (Averaging at 3k USD). Also dude, your haircut could use some improvement. Nice nose and okay cheekbones. Eye area looks okay as well but I'd have to see a front pic to judge
but the genio would only add projection to your chin and make your jaw more defined. which is what you need the most but your bite and your maxilla would stay the same

• +1
Reactions: RM777
Orthognatihc surgery would be ideal because it would fix your bite (It allows you to essentially redesign the position of both your jaws), but it's far too expensive (starting from 20k USD) and it also has an extremely long recovery time (You won't be able to chew for 6 weeks and will only be recovered in 3 months). A genio on the other hand (Whether its a sliding genioplasty or just a chin implant) could achieve a similar result with a much shorter recovery (one week to go back to work, two weeks for the swelling to end, one month to be fully recovered) and it's also multiple times cheaper (Averaging at 3k USD). Also dude, your haircut could use some improvement. Nice nose and okay cheekbones. Eye area looks okay as well but I'd have to see a front pic to judge
What kind of difference would there be in the results of genio, implant, or orthognathic surgery? Is the latter really worth the price of 20k USD?

What kind of difference would there be in the results of genio, implant, or orthognathic surgery? Is the latter really worth the price of 20k USD?
first 2 are camouflage and the latter could actually improve your health

Basically you have two jaws (the bone structures that make up your mouth). Your lower jaw (mandible) and your upper jaw (maxilla), the lower jaw should project forward the to the point where it slightly passes the lower lip. Look at OP's pic, his chin is set back and doesn't reach the same distance as his lower lip, so thats why he needs projection. Now look at this example:

His maxilla could be a tiny tiny bit more forward to be ideal (the ideal is for the upper lip to be a little more forward than the lower lip) but its fine as it is, mine also looks like that, both lips are aligned, which is fine, better than if the lower lip passed the upper lip by a lot example:

See how better it looks when the upper lip is in front of the lower lip?

And he also said that there is a problem with his bite.

So the difference between both surgeries is:

Both surgeries would fix the chin, but the orthognathic surgery would also make his maxilla ideal and fix his bite.

The thing is that his maxilla although not perfect looks okay enough so it's not worth spending that much more money to change it. I would only recommend him to do the orthognathic surgery if his bite problem really bothers him in his daily life. But aesthetically both surgeries would have almost the same result.
A genio and in implant are essentially the same, same price, same recovery, the genio cuts your jaw bone and projects it forward and the implant is just a plastic implant that is planted on the tip of your chin to add projection

• +1
Reactions: RM777
Basically you have two jaws (the bone structures that make up your mouth). Your lower jaw (mandible) and your upper jaw (maxilla), the lower jaw should project forward the to the point where it slightly passes the lower lip. Look at OP's pic, his chin is set back and doesn't reach the same distance as his lower lip, so thats why he needs projection. Now look at this example:

View attachment 69603

His maxilla could be a tiny tiny bit more forward to be ideal (the ideal is for the upper lip to be a little more forward than the lower lip) but its fine as it is, mine also looks like that, both lips are aligned, which is fine, better than if the lower lip passed the upper lip by a lot example:

View attachment 69602
See how better it looks when the upper lip is in front of the lower lip?

And he also said that there is a problem with his bite.

So the difference between both surgeries is:

Both surgeries would fix the chin, but the orthognathic surgery would also make his maxilla ideal and fix his bite.

The thing is that his maxilla although not perfect looks okay enough so it's not worth spending that much more money to change it. I would only recommend him to do the orthognathic surgery if his bite problem really bothers him in his daily life. But aesthetically both surgeries would have almost the same result.
A genio and in implant are essentially the same, same price, same recovery, the genio cuts your jaw bone and projects it forward and the implant is just a plastic implant that is planted on the tip of your chin to add projection

Got a question about the genio, should the chin be moved more forward or should the whole lower jaw be thickened, so my chin would get deeper? I have seen a picture about recessed faces and thought if I would set my lower jaw deeper /widen the bone I could have a less recessed face.

If you're already planning on doing it then schedule an appointment and ask that to the surgeon, he's a professional and knows better than me. Especially because he will examine you in person and ask you to take X-rays too to see what is possible to be done.