What surgery do I need? genioplasty or bimax?

C

cococlem

Iron
Hi, what do you think about my side profile? Really thinking about doing surgery for improving my profile, but I don't know if genioplasty would be enough or if I need a bimax with rotation?
Here is a morph i did already look so much better.
View attachment 678020View attachment 678021

For your morph, both

• +1
Reactions: cococlem
Do you have a gummy smile? Also in 95%+ of cases, bimax is performed with genioplasty as well, since it gives better results than bimax alone.

• +1
Reactions: Warlow
Do you have a gummy smile? Also in 95%+ of cases, bimax is performed with genioplasty as well, since it gives better results than bimax alone.

No i don't have a gummy smile or really a little bit if I smile hard, but here is an other morph i did, notice how my gonial angle is. my maxilla seems falling down with my jaw.
So yeah you are right, bimax with ccw and genio for this result...
Capture

No i don't have a gummy smile or really a little bit if I smile hard, but here is an other morph i did, notice how my gonial angle is. my maxilla seems falling down with my jaw.
So yeah you are right, bimax with ccw and genio for this result...
View attachment 678064

If you dont have a gummy smile but still need CCW (which you do), then you need to get it done through a down-graft rather than maxilla impaction (because that would make your front teeth higher set, which only gummy smiled people need).

How do you know if you need CCW with a bimax or not? If I DONT have a gummy smile do I need a rotation or just push both jaws forward?

How do you know if you need CCW with a bimax or not? If I DONT have a gummy smile do I need a rotation or just push both jaws forward?
When the jaw isn't parrarel to the ground