What the fuck happens in a canthoplasty

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
Feel like I’m going into this on the blind side

moroncel. you need to understand the diffrence between canthopexy and canthoplasty. Do you even know canthoplasty shortens your eye?

moroncel. you need to understand the diffrence between canthopexy and canthoplasty. Do you even know canthoplasty shortens your eye?
How would lateral canthoplasty shorten the eye

How would lateral canthoplasty shorten the eye

While effectively restoring the bowstring effect of the lower eyelid against the eyeball, it does so at the expense of shortening the lower eyelid and giving it a rounder shape. For this reason lateral canthoplasties are primarily used as a reconstructive procedure for significant lower lild retraction. It restores lower lid competence but not necessarily a more youthful looking eye shape.

When i asked taban he said he cant gaurntee the eye wont shorten

While effectively restoring the bowstring effect of the lower eyelid against the eyeball, it does so at the expense of shortening the lower eyelid and giving it a rounder shape. For this reason lateral canthoplasties are primarily used as a reconstructive procedure for significant lower lild retraction. It restores lower lid competence but not necessarily a more youthful looking eye shape.

I think in his canrhoplasties eyes look longer tho

When i asked taban he said he cant gaurntee the eye wont shorten

this is what you want https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4959973/

palpebral fissure increased about 10%, and eyelid retraction gone.

i read about an ethnic that got botched by taban and repaired in Korea. the doctors there do this surgery everyday

also this surgery is dirt cheap, like 1500 USD max.

why are you guys going to taban if he cant guarantee your eyes wont be shorter?

"If the goal of the surgery is the lengthening of the palpebral fissure, the lateral canthus to orbital rim distance is important"

they basically move your lateral canthus from where it is and staple it to the lateral orbital rim. as long as you have room, you should be ok

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
this is what you want https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4959973/

View attachment 72394View attachment 72395

palpebral fissure increased about 10%, and eyelid retraction gone.

i read about an ethnic that got botched by taban and repaired in Korea. the doctors there do this surgery everyday

also this surgery is dirt cheap, like 1500 USD max.

why are you guys going to taban if he cant guarantee your eyes wont be shorter?

"If the goal of the surgery is the lengthening of the palpebral fissure, the lateral canthus to orbital rim distance is important"

they basically move your lateral canthus from where it is and staple it to the lateral orbital rim. as long as you have room, you should be ok
Holy shit. Can u provide a before and after for a westerner? Taban replies me and said horizontal lengrh will not change

I cant find any. Its the same surgery. You should try contacting the ethnics on purseblog that went to korea for surgery

This is what they do (B):

Attachments

• orbital rim.jpg
    orbital rim.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 88