what upcoming implant materials should we look out for?

crosshold

crosshold

Yujiromaxxing
ive heard there are gonna be better ones than silicone

• +1
Reactions: Nobody96
there are plenty of other materials

• +1
titanium ?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Nobody96 and Salludon
PEEK is already here. There is a variation of PEEK called PEKK which is also here. There's also PMMA and Titanium.

The push is now towards biomaterial ceramics which are converted to the patients own bone. Calcium phospate implants are next. They are already using it in Japan. Europe is getting ready for it next. Unfortunately the US is far behind its usage.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme, UglyMan, Nobody96 and 2 others
Isn't Eppely the god at implants and he uses silicone for fast recovery and less scars?

• +1
Isn't Eppely the god at implants and he uses silicone for fast recovery and less scars?
Eppley has the best marketing team & has indoctrinated the incel community. Thats the bottom line.

Also

Hydroxyapatite, CT Bone

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome, I'mme and UglyMan
Hydroxyapatite, CT Bone
This is the most ideal material for cranio-facial bone augmentation, in spite of being weaker than PEEK family and Titanium. I looked into the long term outcomes of cranioplasties and bioceramics like CT-Bone and Hydroxyapatite have the lowest infection rates. Lots of work done with this material in Italy!

• +1
Reactions: I'mme and Deleted member 1862
PEEK is already here. There is a variation of PEEK called PEKK which is also here. There's also PMMA and Titanium.

The push is now towards biomaterial ceramics which are converted to the patients own bone. Calcium phospate implants are next. They are already using it in Japan. Europe is getting ready for it next. Unfortunately the US is far behind its usage.

Out of PMMA, PEEK, Titanium, which one is better for custom wrap around jaw implants? Asking because all are available in India.