Whats the difference between chin shield and chin wing?

D

Deleted member 6873

@Darkstrand @lutte @DatGuyYouLike

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and lutte
6873.jpg
papa wheres ur jew frog avi 😖

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7521, Deleted member 6785, Deleted member 1751 and 2 others
Im mirin myself in that ive bullshitted enough as to be tagged with actual looksmaxxers

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Darkstrand, Deleted member 3990 and 2 others
@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Darkstrand and Deleted member 6873
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 10449, Deleted member 7521 and 5 others
  • JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5891, Darkstrand, lutte and 1 other person
Ramieri doesnt do chin shield any more, and im unaware of any surgeons who do

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098 and Darkstrand
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Darkstrand and Deleted member 4797
"a genioplasty technique in which the advancement of an anterior mandibular segment is executed with a specific osteotomy form that helps to avoid a deep mentolabial fold and improves labial competence. The osteotomy presented achieves this by creating a 'chin shield' where the mandibular segment advanced is relatively high on the side of the buccal cortex and lower on the lingual side and where the osteotomy or down-fracture in between is in an oblique angle in the sagittal plane."

In my own words, not sure if i understood it perfectly: the chin will be cut into 3 segments (?) the middle one like a shield, this offers better 3 dimensional movement and thus you'll end up with a more natural result without a deep mentolabial fold

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 6873
"a genioplasty technique in which the advancement of an anterior mandibular segment is executed with a specific osteotomy form that helps to avoid a deep mentolabial fold and improves labial competence. The osteotomy presented achieves this by creating a 'chin shield' where the mandibular segment advanced is relatively high on the side of the buccal cortex and lower on the lingual side and where the osteotomy or down-fracture in between is in an oblique angle in the sagittal plane."

In my own words, not sure if i understood it perfectly: the chin will be cut into 3 segments (?) the middle one like a shield, this offers better 3 dimensional movement and thus you'll end up with a more natural result without a deep mentolabial fold
lifefuel considering zarrinbal does this. ngl germans are lucky mf's for being in the sam,e country as him

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
lifefuel considering zarrinbal does this. ngl germans are lucky mf's for being in the sam,e country as him
If he has some good bimax results i might go with him, but Ramieri seems like a really good choice too considering what @DatGuyYouLike said

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
didn't he get famous on these forums because he gave some kid a discount if he spammed his name praising him

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
If he has some good bimax results i might go with him, but Ramieri seems like a really good choice too considering what @DatGuyYouLike said
From what i heard italian surgeons charge non italians more, in a lot of cases native italians pay ~10-12k for it and non italians upwards of 20

• Woah
From what i heard italian surgeons charge non italians more, in a lot of cases native italians pay ~10-12k for it and non italians upwards of 20
Brb learning fluent italian and med maxxing

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10449 and Deleted member 6873
Brb learning fluent italian and med maxxing
mirin, but ill prolly do zarrinbal tho cause germany is a bit easier for me to reach + prices

• +1
@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS
The chin shield is a short chin wing. The cut doesn’t go back to the mandibular angles. But the anterior part is the same.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3020, Lars and 2 others
The chin shield is a short chin wing. The cut doesn’t go back to the mandibular angles. But the anterior part is the same.
the most precious user we have

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, lutte and Deleted member 6873
@Darkstrand @lutte @DatGuyYouLike
don't know difference but i know there is literally no incel to chad transformation with chin wing.
so fuck it anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
don't know difference but i know there is literally no incel to chad transformation with chin wing.
so fuck it anyway.
i just wanna know cause i mainly wanna improve my chin region

Why doesn’t he?
Can’t u convince him? Yeah
Idk he just doesnt. I went with him specifically for the mini chin wing and he still wouldn't do it for me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10449
Pagnoni said he can do it. However, an extended genioplasty will suffice if the movements are under 10mm supposedly.

Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468785519302551

@RealSurgerymax What are your thoughts on chin shield vs. extended genioplasty?
Since seeing my genioplasty result, i believe its superior to chin shield anyway. They can give you chin height and a better jaw taper, by having the chin drop a little SEPARATELY from the mid mandible. Then add a ramus implant after and you get a Meeks tier jaw shape from the front.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Administrator
Do you still plan on getting jaw angles and infra orbital malar implants?
Yes of course, as I am now my rating is low tier normie at best, they're necessary for ascension to HTN.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator