When consulting with taban in two weeks, should i tell him to make my slight nct just neutral or slightly positive?

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
Can u control the degree of canthal tilt when lifting the outher corner of the eyelid (lateral canthus)? I think for me lifting the the lateral canthus by a few mm would yield a great result however i dont want to risk going into uncanny valley.
i think pct is a nice feature but having too strong of pct for a non-asian would look very weird. and especially with eye area, you want people to not know you have work done. i feel elevating the lowerlid by 5-6 mm with an alloderm spacing graft as well as manually raising the lateral canthus 1-2 mm could yield a natural looking result.

Hope this helps

• +1
Reactions: MD_Hopeful69 and AspiringChad
He’s visiting the man himself

Wow

Are you going to ask him to do every single surgery possible on you? JFL.

He won't talk to you on those types of terms above. Do not talk like that to him. He is extremely succint and doesn't really give medical details about the procedure. You think you will have some 1 hour talk and throw around these terms, but the reality is he will spend 10 mins with you and tell you what surgeries can be done, if any.

Relax and just talk to him like a normal person.

He won't talk to you on those types of terms above. Do not talk like that to him. He is extremely succint and doesn't really give medical details about the procedure. You think you will have some 1 hour talk and throw around these terms, but the reality is he will spend 10 mins with you and tell you what surgeries can be done, if any.

nah just almond eye surgery with rim implants should be good enough for me. it's a shame because i know eye anatomy well and what causes things but i guess i will have to come across as NT during the consult

10 mins for a 200 dollar consultation ???????!!!!

nah just almond eye surgery with rim implants should be good enough for me. it's a shame because i know eye anatomy well and what causes things but i guess i will have to come across as NT during the consult

I really want to know if he agrees to do either of those things on you. I guarantee you he will not want to do the implants and will suggest fillers instead.

And yes, this is how most doctors work. You spend time with a patient coordinator and a nurse beforehand, but the doctor's time is very valuable considering a normal surgical rate is probably 4000 an hour in Beverly Hills. It is not an in depth conversation to ask random questions about crap you learned on lookism. You say what you want done and ask 2 or 3 follow up questions and then you are on your way. His little cramped office will probably be full with other patients waiting to go in after you, surgery or otherwise. Use your time wisely and don't try to impress with lookism crap.

Honestly, you should just do the Skype consult with him, unless you live near LA. It is only 150 as well.

I really want to know if he agrees to do either of those things on you. I guarantee you he will not want to do the implants and will suggest fillers instead.

And yes, this is how most doctors work. You spend time with a patient coordinator and a nurse beforehand, but the doctor's time is very valuable considering a normal surgical rate is probably 4000 an hour in Beverly Hills. It is not an in depth conversation to ask random questions about crap you learned on lookism. You say what you want done and ask 2 or 3 follow up questions and then you are on your way. His little cramped office will probably be full with other patients waiting to go in after you, surgery or otherwise. Use your time wisely and don't try to impress with lookism crap.

Honestly, you should just do the Skype consult with him, unless you live near LA. It is only 150 as well.
ok i see. i will let you know. why is he opposed to doing orbital rim implants?

helps a lot man. my canthal tilt isnt that bad on some days it look dead neutral some days it look slightly downwards. getting 4-6 degrees would be how many millimeters of lift?
absolutely no idea.

also do u know happen to know difference between canthoplasty and canthopexy?
From Eppley :
- In a canthopexy, the point of union of where the upper and lower eyelid meet is changed and fixed to the outer aspect of the lateral orbital rim. in essence the corner is ‘pexed’ outward creating a longer and more narrowed eye shape. This is done with small sutures to the periosteum on the bone.
-Conversely, a lateral canthoplasty is more invasive and requires fixing deeper tissues of the lower eyelid (tarsus or muscle) to the inner aspect of the lateral orbital rim. This is usually most effectively done by placing drill holes in the lateral orbital rim where a transosseous suture can be passed to ensure that the new canthal attachment is ‘high and tight’ inside the orbital rim.

While effectively restoring the bowstring effect of the lower eyelid against the eyeball, it does so at the expense of shortening the lower eyelid and giving it a rounder shape.

• +1
Reactions: MD_Hopeful69

it probably is 10minutes, I payed 200 bucks for my 10 min consultation with eppley lol

it probably is 10minutes, I payed 200 bucks for my 10 min consultation with eppley lol
wtf. these plastic surgeons are just STEMgods converted into businessmen

wtf. these plastic surgeons are just STEMgods converted into businessmen

meh its w,e tbh. just dont piss them off, sometimes they "under perform if they dont like you"

meh its w,e tbh. just dont piss them off, sometimes they "under perform if they dont like you"
yeah that;s the goal. I really dont wanna make them dislike me and then i will turn out worse lol
absolutely no idea.

From Eppley :
- In a canthopexy, the point of union of where the upper and lower eyelid meet is changed and fixed to the outer aspect of the lateral orbital rim. in essence the corner is ‘pexed’ outward creating a longer and more narrowed eye shape. This is done with small sutures to the periosteum on the bone.
i am a youngecel, so canthopexy prolly would be better?

slightly posetive

Keep diary for us.