Which appliances bring the maxilla forward?

Elias

Elias

MSE+Fp can bring the maxilla forward but recessed the mandible

Fagga and agga can but proven to be bad by ronald ead

Is there no other appliance that bring the maxilla forward? Seems like bullshit to me.

Surgery cant be the only option

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and Deleted member 3202
@Golden Glass

MSE can't recess the mandible bro.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685, forwardgrowth, Deleted member 3202 and 2 others
mse and FP wont recess the mandible but it may not be enough if you're ultra recessed unless maybe if you wore the FP for a couple years or something

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Only VgHP-33

These tools will 100% bring your maxilla forward

MSE can't recess the mandible bro.
it does not recess the mandible but it gives it that appearance as the mandible does not expand with the maxilla with mse. That is why people either get sfot or msdo after finishing mse +facemask.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 3202
Bollard mini-plates. My orthodontist told me about them, they are used for better anchorage of the rubber bands and are used to correct class 3 malocclusion by bringing the maxilla forward rather than recessing the mandible.

• +1
Reactions: Sergio-OMS
it does not recess the mandible but it gives it that appearance as the mandible does not expand with the maxilla with mse. That is why people either get sfot or msdo after finishing mse +facemask.
Why not get MSE + fm + MSDO?
Bollard mini-plates. My orthodontist told me about them, they are used for better anchorage of the rubber bands and are used to correct class 3 malocclusion by bringing the maxilla forward rather than recessing the mandible.
Post pic?

The work well at age 10-12. No published data or case reports in adults. But I bet with MSE + bollards + face mask some effect can be achieved in adults.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x

Attachments

• The-upper-miniplate-is-fixed-by-three-monocortical-screws-at-the-infrazygomatic-crest.png
    The-upper-miniplate-is-fixed-by-three-monocortical-screws-at-the-infrazygomatic-crest.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
  • +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and Sergio-OMS
This looks sick

My 11 year old daughter has these on since some months... it isn't sick at all. It's easy, comfortable, clean and effective.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gaia262, goat2x and Luke LLL
My 11 year old daughter has these on since some months... it isn't sick at all. It's easy, comfortable, clean and effective.
I mean it looks cool bro haha

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Deleted member 2733 and Luke LLL
i just want upswing but yet to see facepulling results posted here

Not sure I think bringing maxilla upwards with or without surgery is more difficult than forward

Say u get mse and fp, for 4 months, how much forward expansion do you think is possible if you wear it 20 hours a day in a 18 year old male

I have no idea

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Say u get mse and fp, for 4 months, how much forward expansion do you think is possible if you wear it 20 hours a day in a 18 year old male
What’s the point of doing 20 hours might as well go the whole 9 yards and do 24.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
Wont this cause the maxilla to grow downwards rather than upwards
It all depends on the position of the mandible and the severity of the malocclusion. In any case, there can't be downward growth without some forward growth to accompany it because of how the forces are applied.

Daily reminder that FP has yet to be proven on people that have passed puberty.