Which is more accurate: the mirror or the back camera on the phone?

Peachy

Peachy

in a void of omnipresent Chaos
Obviously the mirror flips the image, but I don't want to address that.

What bothers me is that most mirrors I look into, especially the ones at my home, seem to make my frame much smaller than it actually is. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think I'm such a framelet, but then I can record myself on the back camera of my phone and see that I have a great frame. Sometimes, I seem to have a good frame but only from far away, and that happens when I am in the city and I see my reflections on big glass windows/doors, etc. So who do I trust? Why are all mirrors different? Is my phone camera accurate?

Why people are still trying to compare a direct reflection to an image interpreted by a machine?

People IRL get used to your asymmetries the same way you get used to them yourself, so the mirror is reliable and there's definitely nothing more reliable.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8064, ScramFranklin, Zeta ascended and 4 others

What bothers me is that most mirrors I look into, especially the ones at my home, seem to make my frame much smaller than it actually is. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think I'm such a framelet, but then I can record myself on the back camera of my phone and see that I have a great frame. Sometimes, I seem to have a good frame but only from far away, and that happens when I am in the city and I see my reflections on big glass windows/doors, etc. So who do I trust? Why are all mirrors different? Is my phone camera accurate?
ask your mother to take a video of you, while you are in motion (frontal and side view), that's the only way to figure out how you look because at the mirror the perspective is fixed on your eyes and in selfies you have lens distortion

• +1
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me

well, its likely a combination of both.

You perhaps dont look as bad in pictures as you might think but also not as good in mirror.

Professional cameras

Why people are still trying to compare a direct reflection to an image interpreted by a machine?

People IRL get used to your asymmetries the same way you get used to them yourself, so the mirror is reliable and there's definitely nothing more reliable.
It's not about asymmetries, it's about my frame looking small in the mirror and big on camera

true mirrors or two mirrors will give you an answer