Why did mewing do this to me?

Selinity

Selinity

Zephir
I’ve been mewing ever since I saw 13 when I discovered it, a few changes have already happened so I can for sure say mewing IS NOT a cope at a young age, but besides the positive effects mewing has had on my face like a longer jaw, there has been a few weird things that have happened.

Now, my jaw is wider than my zygos

Not in the normal way, in this weird way where my cheekbones start out wider, dip into my jaw and then suddenly flare out just before my ramus. My jaw looks kinda like Kanye’s because of it but less harmonious, like my jaw belongs to a bigger face.

My jaw to zygo ratio is like 2:2.1 or 2.2, it’s a bit off. When mewing my jaw was grown wider on the lower part and that’s it. I din’t know if the rest of my body needs time to grow or whatever, what’s happened?

To make it worse my chin hasn’t grown yet so my jaw width is adult tier and then it just dips into a small chin, it gives new meaning to “V shaped jawlines,” do I need to keep me mewing so this all fixes it’s self or what?

It’s all relatively mild right now, but I worry this might ruin my harmony later down the line.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 11053
i need increase my jaw bonemass after my parents fucked me with dental braces

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
You're lucky, jaw is law

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel and datboijj
I
I’ve heard stories of braces doing bad things to people, does it really f you up?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
brb using imagination

• +1
Reactions: Zradrad, Deleted member 11479, datboijj and 1 other person
My attempt at a drawing makes me look like a fucking “giga_chad” meme.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
  • +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I
I’ve heard stories of braces doing bad things to people, does it really f you up?
No it doesn't. It's fear mongering. Yes, getting multiple extractions will degrade the face a bit. I got 2 premolar extractions and there was no change in my face. I even compared my before and after x-rays

I
No it doesn't. It's fear mongering. Yes, getting multiple extractions will degrade the face a bit. I got 2 premolar extractions and there was no change in my face. I even compared my before and after x-rays

Hate to break it, but extractions do have a high chance of affecting the face. It is well documented in the science and incorrect to write off the concern as fear mongering. Keep in mind that the effect of bone resorption compounds over a lifetime, so the effects become more apparent the older one gets. But I still think it is hard to predict the outcome in individual cases, especially when few teeth has been extracted.

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13 and SOS-Sonic
mewing doesnt increase zygos that much. you probably applied more force to your sides instead of your palate

I’ve been mewing ever since I saw 13 when I discovered it, a few changes have already happened so I can for sure say mewing IS NOT a cope at a young age, but besides the positive effects mewing has had on my face like a longer jaw, there has been a few weird things that have happened.

Not in the normal way, in this weird way where my cheekbones start out wider, dip into my jaw and then suddenly flare out just before my ramus. My jaw looks kinda like Kanye’s because of it but less harmonious, like my jaw belongs to a bigger face.

My jaw to zygo ratio is like 2:2.1 or 2.2, it’s a bit off. When mewing my jaw was grown wider on the lower part and that’s it. I din’t know if the rest of my body needs time to grow or whatever, what’s happened?

To make it worse my chin hasn’t grown yet so my jaw width is adult tier and then it just dips into a small chin, it gives new meaning to “V shaped jawlines,” do I need to keep me mewing so this all fixes it’s self or what?

It’s all relatively mild right now, but I worry this might ruin my harmony later down the line.
Are you sure it really ruins your harmony? The kind of shape you're describing does indeed have a very masculine look and is quite unusual as well. If we take this into account, and the really high chance of you being overly conscious about your appearance, it might explain why you feel it looks off. Now, if it actually does look strange, what should you do? According to J. and M. Mew, some people may go into an ugly duckling-phase as they correct their growth. In these cases, one should just continue mewing. If your face functions well and your occlusion is fine, I would assume you should keep mewing. Otherwise, pictures may help us asses your situation.

• +1
Reactions: CertBroly

You just described my face jfl

Oh, describe your mewing technique as well. It may give us clues wether or not you are doing something wrong or not.

thats why i started at 16 starting before puberty fucked ur face now u shaped like a balloon

Hate to break it, but extractions do have a high chance of affecting the face. It is well documented in the science and incorrect to write off the concern as fear mongering. Keep in mind that the effect of bone resorption compounds over a lifetime, so the effects become more apparent the older one gets. But I still think it is hard to predict the outcome in individual cases, especially when few teeth has been extracted.

I know for a fact jordan barrett has had teeth extractions.

Oh, I didn't know that. But after all, he isn't alone. There are lots of good looking people who've had extractions, who yet seemingly appear unaffected. There may be different reasons as to why this is the case: To my understanding, teeth further back doesn't affect appearance (as much) as teeth further forward. The amount of teeth obviously plays a role. And good tongue posture may also make up for extractions. And there are probably more factors to consider besides these.

To be clear, I didn't mean to say extractions necessary leads to recession, but that the risk definitely exists.

• +1
Reactions: aspieSavage
Are you sure it really ruins your harmony? The kind of shape you're describing does indeed have a very masculine look and is quite unusual as well.
I haven't seen it in anyone else, and though I admit it's quite masculine the main reason why it breaks my harmony is because my chin is still small and round, so it dips far down like a V.

If we take this into account, and the really high chance of you being overly conscious about your appearance, it might explain why you feel it looks off.
I only look at it in the mirror 132 times a day, so that's not it.
Now, if it actually does look strange, what should you do? According to J. and M. Mew, some people may go into an ugly duckling-phase as they correct their growth. In these cases, one should just continue mewing. If your face functions well and your occlusion is fine, I would assume you should keep mewing. Otherwise, pictures may help us asses your situation.
I guess that's true, it's a little uncanny if you focus on it, but it's much better than my starting point.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
I guess that's true, it's a little uncanny if you focus on it, but it's much better than my starting point.
If this is the case, I don't think you have anything to worry about, just work on...
I only look at it in the mirror 132 times a day, so that's not it.
...well...

Idk know bro, do you chew or smt, i have mewed for 2 years and now my zygos are wider than my masseter (dont chew that much tbh

i got the same problem

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Does this happen to a lot and did you see more people experiencing this? how does this happen??

how old are you?