Why did my overjet became better in this 1,5 years?

P

PashaMaxx

Iron
I went to orthodontist last year and when he measure he Said that I had an overjet of 3mm more than it should be (I think ideal is 2mm so mine was 5mm) They said that my jaw was normal but my maxilla was too forward and they said they will take my upper jaw back with braces and extract my two teeth to put the device that would tkae my maxilla back. Even though I didn't know that forward maxilla was healthy, I didnt want my healthy teeth to be extracted so i refused the treatment. 1.5 years later, or last week, ı went to orthodontist again and when he measured, he said that my overjet actually decrease by 1,5mm, so now ım 1,5mm away from ideal. He said that I should be glad that I refused treatment as it was getting better by itself. He didnt know why it happened but he said it sometimes happens at my age although very rare(age 17) But ı was also mewing in this time frame. I thought it would be a good idea to share this over here and ask why it happened? Growing or mewing?

But People say mewing doesnt work at my age?

Faggots don't listen to them

• +1
Reactions: samm735
Faggots don't listen to them
Yh, people say that it doesn't work, it does, it just takes longer the older you are. I am still young and growing a lot, but i am hard mewing.

I think this can be a proof that if your skeletal overjet is not genetic (like retrognathia or micrognathia) mewing can reverse the Effects of mouthbreathing as ı was mouthbreathing when ı was 10-12 because of sinusit which developed in me because of playing football outside in Cold weather with friends too much with No hat lol.

I think this can be a proof that if your skeletal overjet is not genetic (like retrognathia or micrognathia) mewing can reverse the Effects of mouthbreathing as ı was mouthbreathing when ı was 10-12 because of sinusit which developed in me because of playing football outside in Cold weather with friends too much with No hat lol.
Lifefuel I want to reverse all the mouthbreathing from the last few years

your maxilla recessing

• JFL
Reactions: Carnivore
Your maxilla can't be too much forward cause your other facial bones would move along.