Why do people see you as old version of you?

FatmanO

FatmanO

Gymmaxxer
I heard it after you looksmax you need to get a new social circle, otherwise the old social circle stilll sees you as the previous version of yourself. Can anyone explain? Thanks!

• +1
Reactions: Demir, SeiGun and androidcel
"Without rain nothing grows, learn to embrace the storms of your life."

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656, ChoSeungHui, Deleted member 685 and 4 others
Once you're labeled as something you can't change it easily

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: AdamLamberg, mojopin, Deleted member 1476 and 2 others
That's bullshit. People treat you based off of how you look at the present time. If you came to school with clear skin one day and a face full of acne the next day people aren't going to treat you like you still have clear skin.

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel, kobecel, androidcel and 1 other person
Presumably they would adjust to the new you in time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
But surely its diffrent for looks?
I think with looks first impression is most important. If they previously thought you're ugly they won't notice that you've become better looking, unless change is drastic.

• +1
Reactions: AdamLamberg
That's bullshit. People treat you based off of how you look at the present time. If you came to school with clear skin one day and a face full of acne the next day people aren't going to treat you like you still have clear skin.
Yeh because I experienced that and got treated way diffrently. People who mistreated me when I was a 4 now treated me better (multiple examples)
I think with looks first impression is most important. If they previously thought you're ugly they won't notice that you've become better looking, unless change is drastic.
Yeh Imo I can agree because I took a drastic change and people noticed

I've seen the opposite. People who've changed looks wise (body etc) or career
wise get treated very differently by the same people that treated them like shit before.

It depends on the magnitude of the change you're able to make.

wise get treated very differently by the same people that treated them like shit before.
Exactly what happened to me, some examples
Anyway Im out of high school now, but I got treated 10x better, like a hot women let me go through instead of her, girls talking about me when I started cutting. Taking pics of me to show her friend who had a crush on me later on (before that I had a crush on her and she wasnt intrested that much, maybe as plan B)
All that and more

• +1
Reactions: nattycel
it depends on what we're talking about here.

if you were 400 pounds jobless fat fuck and lost weight then turned things around 100% people will treat you differently.

if you were known for being a drug addict then even after 10 years of sobriety people will still look at you in the same way as a junkie.

that's why lots of people move out of countries to start a new life since it's much harder to erase the picture someone has in their mind of your personality and who you are.

looks don't really stick as much as your persona and who you are in people's minds.

• +1
Reactions: Demir and AdamLamberg
people are trash.

I heard it after you looksmax you need to get a new social circle, otherwise the old social circle stilll sees you as the previous version of yourself. Can anyone explain? Thanks!
Bad first impression is damaging

stop this ridiculous cope,u look worse than when you started looksmaxxing,you will never touch a girl.

stop this ridiculous cope,u look worse than when you started looksmaxxing,you will never touch a girl.
Too late I already touched my mom lol.

Found a pic of my first week on looksmax btw

• Woah
Reactions: RichardSpencel