Why implants always give the bloated look ?

D

Deleted member 4383

Diamond
This is a medpor jaw angle implant result.
After photo is when the swelling gone. Why it looks like a chubby guy in the after photo ?

Whyyy

• So Sad
Reactions: Gaia262
Maybe he is just high body fat percentage?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7753, Entschuldigung, Greecgawd and 1 other person
He went from Chico tier jaw to fat man

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Inscol, Deleted member 4991, Taylorswift and 1 other person
It usually looks bloated because the vast majority of the population is bloated. There is only a few young males with low body fat who have gotten implants and showed their results online, and it looked amazing every time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, zq336, Deleted member 5875 and 1 other person
Lack of cheekbones

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and ShineBright
The implant can result in a ‘chipmunk’ style face – the direct opposite of what most patients are striving for. One of the main objectives of male, jaw implants is to create a wider jaw. For some patient's facial structure, this may give the face an expanded and swollen appearance as they have lost the original, slender shape of the jaw.

The right jaw is perfect but if not accentuated by good cheekbones then it's worthless and he'll look bloated

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12344, maxmendietta and Deusmaximus
Agreed, they do look quite bloated.

I remember trying to find a surgeon that offered jaw implants in the UK and in Turkey, and it was quite a struggle. I believe that a lot of surgeons have stepped back from offering jawline implants. I had one plastic surgeon who recommended a fat transfer into the jawline, as opposed to an implant, which shocked me. But I now understand why many plastic surgeons are refraining from jaw implants.

Everyone on this forum is quick to discredit fillers in lieu of implants, but they seem to forget that implants are made of a soft, malleable material - which is going to result in a soft, rounded aesthetic outcome; which is less than favourable, especially on a male.

And this picture is a clear example of that...

• +1
Reactions: mattix, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 5891 and 2 others
People always try to get huge implant designs over small jaws when conservative is best. You don’t need a cavill tear jaw to be chad, forward growth and above average shape and projection is enough if the rest of your features are good. Especially if you’re recessed jaw implants never look good. The key to implants from what I see is

-somewhat conservative design
- LOW BODYFAT %
- already forward grown, no recessed maxilla/mandible

After photo is when the swelling gone. Why it looks like a chubby guy in the after photo ?

View attachment 661891

Guarantee a lot if this is swelling.

It's because these dumb niggers are always in such a hurry to post before/afters.

It takes like 2/3 a year for swelling to reduce 100%

• +1
Reactions: Gambler007 and maxmendietta
Because most people have thick skin and high bodyfat. Of course all that skin and fat will hide the shape of the jaw. If you look at epppley's before and afters you can see a similar design in two different people results in massive discrepancies mainly due to the thickness of their skin and bodyfat.

Mega looksmin
The left looked quite good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Need2Ascend, Gaia262 and 4 others

View attachment 661891
Wtf why do people want a wide face? So fuking stupid WTF is wrong with these people i wish i had a narrow face

• +1
Reactions: ascentium
bruh he went from a 6 to a 4 lmao

Look at this dude. looka bloated as fuck.
If you are considering implants while there are Osteotomies available you are a clear retard.

• +1
Reactions: ascentium and Donc0ck
Subhuman to giga subhuman

Ugh. Look at the shape of his jaw before. The implant has to BUILD UPON the existing bone. The existing bone is the "foundation". Part of the reason it looks so bad is because of the gigantic difference between the parameters of his original jaw and the implant, giving him a look of an unnaturally "thick" jaw. Nobodies jaw is an inch thick.

Second reason is because it's a shit design.

Ugh. Look at the shape of his jaw before. The implant has to BUILD UPON the existing bone. The existing bone is the "foundation". Part of the reason it looks so bad is because of the gigantic difference between the parameters of his original jaw and the implant, giving him a look of an unnaturally "thick" jaw. Nobodies jaw is an inch thick.

Second reason is because it's a shit design.

The jaw angle was brought down too low. That's the main problem. Otherwise it would jave created a more angular slope towards his chin instead of being bottom heavy.

The jaw angle was brought down too low. That's the main problem. Otherwise it would jave created a more angular slope towards his chin instead of being bottom heavy.
That is part of it, hence the shit design. But even if it wasn't, the width alone would never allow for a "sharp look" due to having to stack against the underlying existing bone.

That is part of it, hence the shit design. But even if it wasn't, the width alone would never allow for a "sharp look" due to having to stack against the underlying existing bone.

If you're going to add thickness at the jaw angles, you have to add thickness along the entire mandible and probably also add projection at the chin to get everything tightened. Otherwise it will sag and look unshapely.

Think of the lower third as a huge tent. If you put up poles on only part of the tent those parts will stick out but the rest will sag and look unshapely. But if you put up all the poles, the tent will go taut and create the appropriate shape.

Simialrly, the lower third needs to have projection along the jaw angles AND the chin along with thickened connections between these three points of projection. Otherwise the jaw skin will sag.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
If you're going to add thickness at the jaw angles, you have to add thickness along the entire mandible and probably also add projection at the chin to get everything tightened. Otherwise it will sag and look unshapely.

Think of the lower third as a huge tent. If you put up poles on only part of the tent those parts will stick out but the rest will sag and look unshapely. But if you put up all the poles, the tent will go taut and create the appropriate shape.

Simialrly, the lower third needs to have projection along the jaw angles AND the chin along with thickened connections between these three points of projection. Otherwise the jaw skin will sag.
You aren't listening to what I said, but okay. I literally said nothing to the counter. It's not just "sag". Mandibles are not over an inch thick.

It's a horribly designed implant. I think we agree.

You aren't listening to what I said, but okay. I literally said nothing to the counter. It's not just "sag". Mandibles are not over an inch thick.

It's a horribly designed implant. I think we agree.

I'm just saying that if the implant was designed right and was wraparound instead of just jaw angles that it wouldn't matter if it add thickness. It would tighten the skin along the jawline and create shape and angularity instead of a bloated unshapely appearance.

Look at this huge yaremchuk implant that ended up being sharp and well shaped. https://www.realself.com/review/chin-implant-custom-jaw-implant

Last edited:
I'm just saying that if the implant was designed right and was wraparound instead of just jaw angles that it wouldn't matter if it add thickness. It would tighten the skin along the jawline and create shape and angularity instead of a bloated unshapely appearance.

Look at this huge yaremchuk implant that ended up being sharp and well shaped. https://www.realself.com/review/chin-implant-custom-jaw-implant
I think it was more than just jaw angles. His entire lower third is a different. And adding mass outward will not cause skin sag. It would do the opposite. It wouldn't need to be wraparound (and I think that's exactly what he got). Literally just pull your skin at your jaw angles out. It doesn't ADD sag. Lowering the gonion angle could (a bit), but not nearly to that extent.

The link you posted is a GOOD design. And it did not appear to widen his jaw (and add mass) to outlandish proportions similar to the one OP posted. The bone+implant thickness is not nearly as large there.

The bottom line is that the surgeon made a terrible design. Even if it is just jaw angle implants in this example, making it wraparound would not improve the outcome. I literally deal with structural problems that takes sagging into account for a living. Sag is not the issue.

Last edited:
Was better before ngl
just needed to lose bf for more defined look

I think it was more than just jaw angles. His entire lower third is a different. And adding mass outward will not cause skin sag. It would do the opposite. It wouldn't need to be wraparound (and I think that's exactly what he got). Literally just pull your skin at your jaw angles out. It doesn't ADD sag. Lowering the gonion angle could (a bit), but not nearly to that extent.

The link you posted is a GOOD design. And it did not appear to widen his jaw (and add mass) to outlandish proportions similar to the one OP posted. The bone+implant thickness is not nearly as large there.

The bottom line is that the surgeon made a terrible design. Even if it is just jaw angle implants in this example, making it wraparound would not improve the outcome. I literally deal with structural problems that takes sagging into account for a living. Sag is not the issue.

Why is the skin between his jaw angle and chin rounded outwards then? Looks like saggy skin. If it was taut then it would sit flush against the implant attached to his mandible and at least have some semblance of shape, no? An implant simply thickens the bone so it should translate into a similar shape of the skin was tightly pressed against it, no? No way the implant would be rounded like that.

View attachment 661891

I believe this person is still swollen.

However off the shelf jaw angle implants give consitently poor results because they do not have a sharp design.

All jaw angle implants should be custom with little exceptions.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg