Why is narcissisim seen as a bad characteristic?

JustTrynaGrow

JustTrynaGrow

Mistral
Title.
We shun people for liking themselves too much yet tell people with low-self esteem that they need to like themselves more?

Just bored atm wanna here people's thoughts. I imagine most people have some narcissistic tendencies since you'd just hate yourself without them

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, Chadeep and 1 other person
It's a spectrum

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
It's seen as a negative trait absent the competence to justify it. There's not much more annoying than someone who thinks she's a goddess and can barely wipe her own ass.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, JMax and 4 others
It's seen as a negative trait absent the competence to justify it. There's not much more annoying than someone who thinks she's a goddess and can barely wipe her own ass.
People definetly get sour towards competent narcissists from what I've seen. Pretty sure most people would agree with me here

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, karbo and 1 other person
Narcissistic traits are cool but NPD tends to be impractical and disruptive.

If you have NPD you can get off on destroying people.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, JMax and 3 others
I hate narcy people

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and PenileFacialSurgery
I have experience dating a woman with severe NPD who was also histrionic, and she literally trained me to regard absolutely everything a woman does as sheer nonsense, and have fun with things. But there's no way I could be in a long term relationship with her. I don't think anyone would want to.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RAITEIII, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and 2 others
Honestly narcissism is necessary for a high level of success. Deluding yourself that you're successful and powerful or good looking etc will make things cycle back positively for you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and JustTrynaGrow
Problem with narcissists are that they have a superiority complex meaning they think they're naturally better than anyone. Its no better than what we see in a Chad & Stacy taken to the nth degree. It's fucking annoying & irritating to say the least.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and JustTrynaGrow
It's a spectrum.

They are just annoying overcompensating coping subhumans, nothing more. The behavior is feminine asf too and you can see how they project their own problems on other people aka Inferiority complex.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit, Deleted member 2846 and 2 others
feasible-jpg.229281

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, hebbewem, lookismfugee and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
there’s a spectrum.

someone with NPD actually has low self esteem deep down. they have the emotional capacity of a 5 year old and are very hard to work with. everything revolves around them and even if you criticize them, they take it as an attack on their ego and fight back hard.

some are insufferable and some are alright. but really it’s just a big show to mask their very low self esteem which they may not even be aware of. their whole life is operating on a literal coping mechanism, so good luck tryin to break through to them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Turanid_Bull, Deleted member 2227 and 4 others
there’s a spectrum.

someone with NPD actually has low self esteem deep down. they have the emotional capacity of a 5 year old and are very hard to work with. everything revolves around them and even if you criticize them, they take it as an attack on their ego and fight back hard.

some are insufferable and some are alright. but really it’s just a big show to mask their very low self esteem which they may not even be aware of. their whole life is operating on a literal coping mechanism, so good luck tryin to break through to them.
i was like that tbh

• +1
People don't like other people who can own up to themselves. Also narcissism is a disorder too.

• +1
People don't like other people who can own up to themselves. Also narcissism is a disorder too.

For the most part I just thought narcissisim was just confidence without the nonsensical modesty tbh but the response PrettyBoyMaxxing gave makes more sense to me since his response fits perfectly with a narcy I know irl.

I still think you're much better off as a narcy though. If it's a coping mechinanism it's a well functioning one. Dude is ugly af (sub 3psl) but still genuinely laughs and seems to not hate life.

Comparing him to a bluepilled cuck guy I know (3psl range) without the heavy narcy tendencies and it's just sad. The dude clearrrrly hates himself. Everyone makes fun of him and he just laughs along. I've even tried to tell the guy this in a serious tone and he just laughed..

Interestingly the narcy doesn't seem to have these needs for women either. Doesn't orbit etc. Girls don't make fun of him at all.

Bluepilled cuck has asked out the nastiest chics in the year only to be rejected, acts like a creep around girls & gets made fun of by girls more then he does by guys. 100 % this dude wasn't gay and now he's apparently BI

So yeah again if narcy is a coping mechanism it's working perfectly in the scenario I've encountered

• +1
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit and MaxillaHeadroom
I don't really understand the idea that narcissism is about low self esteem. I think it's about giving yourself value, and getting off on being better than others and seeing others' experience pain.

• +1
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
For the most part I just thought narcissisim was just confidence without the nonsensical modesty tbh but the response PrettyBoyMaxxing gave makes more sense to me since his response fits perfectly with a narcy I know irl.

I still think you're much better off as a narcy though. If it's a coping mechinanism it's a well functioning one. Dude is ugly af (sub 3psl) but still genuinely laughs and seems to not hate life.

Comparing him to a bluepilled cuck guy I know (3psl range) without the heavy narcy tendencies and it's just sad. The dude clearrrrly hates himself. Everyone makes fun of him and he just laughs along. I've even tried to tell the guy this in a serious tone and he just laughed..

Interestingly the narcy doesn't seem to have these needs for women either. Doesn't orbit etc. Girls don't make fun of him at all.

Bluepilled cuck has asked out the nastiest chics in the year only to be rejected, acts like a creep around girls & gets made fun of by girls more then he does by guys. 100 % this dude wasn't gay and now he's apparently BI

So yeah again if narcy is a coping mechanism it's working perfectly in the scenario I've encountered
To add to this, there is a deep cultural aspect too. In both the middle east and europe, the religion there condemn being overly confident and strong and all. Christianity does this more imo. It's even more "otherworldly" than Islam but in practice today both are cucked that way. Because even today, in a west where atheism is the norm, we still have a ton of biblical and quranic ideas in our culture. Narcissism should obviously be disliked, but most people don't stop there. They just can't take anyone asserting their self worth like one should. We are fed the notion that if we be patient and pious, we will get everything we want in heaven. Now people are slowly realising how cucked that is.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and MaxillaHeadroom
its coping: the disorder

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
To add to this, there is a deep cultural aspect too. In both the middle east and europe, the religion there condemn being overly confident and strong and all. Christianity does this more imo. It's even more "otherworldly" than Islam but in practice today both are cucked that way. Because even today, in a west where atheism is the norm, we still have a ton of biblical and quranic ideas in our culture. Narcissism should obviously be disliked, but most people don't stop there. They just can't take anyone asserting their self worth like one should. We are fed the notion that if we be patient and pious, we will get everything we want in heaven. Now people are slowly realising how cucked that is.
Yes that's so true. Psychology as an industry has a kind of cuck mindset embedded in it.

If narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder and causes problems for the people who have it overall, then don't the people who repeatedly get used by those narcissists also have a mental disorder?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Turanid_Bull