Why MSE along facepulling will probably result in shitty results

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
Because of the location of the microimplants.

Look at this paper: https://scinapse.io/papers/1603230182

From this paper this is the typical maxilla displacement resulting from a microimplant assisted palate expander like MSE, Hyrax using a facepuller at a -30 degrees angle:

Figure 4

Figure 12

Look at how insignifiant is the forward displacement and how it displace your maxilla downward.

Now look at the displacement if the microimplant was placed in a better location with a pulling angle of -15 degrees (Simulation C, picture on the right on the second picture) :

Figure 5
Figure 13 1

Isn't it better, look at how signifiant is the forward displacement, look at how the maxilla rotate ccw.

• +1
Reactions: alriodai, SayNoToRotting, toolateforme and 1 other person
Why would you pull at a negative degree?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9837, Gremblo, Alvik and 4 others
The displacement pictured in the paper is a simulation, not actual results. There is no guarantee maxilla will respond in such manner.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 9837, Treasure223 and 4 others
If you pull from that position, there's a risk only the outer part of your maxilla will move forward, causing undesired prognathism.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 9837, Treasure223 and 5 others
If you pull from that position, there's a risk only the outer part of your maxilla will move forward, causing undesired prognathism.

From where you deduce this?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Treasure223 and 000
See pic. The maxilla can ONLY grow and expand downwards. Alveolar process can of course be shaped however you want, but the bone itself can grow to only one direction, as predetermined by the direction of its sutures.
972 sutures

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero, Treasure223, bimaximum and 4 others
From where you deduce this?
Keep in mind, this is my hypothesis, I don't have any studies to back this claim.

What I think is that it's really easy to displace the outer part of the maxilla because it's mot "anchored" and surrounded by other bones like the inner part. We aim to pull all the bones structure around the maxilla when we pull, otherwise, you'll get the look of the typical Negroid phenotype.

See pic. The maxilla can ONLY grow and expand downwards. Alveolar process can of course be shaped however you want, but the bone itself can grow to only one direction, as predetermined by the direction of its sutures.
View attachment 177520
If that is true then pulling at 30 degrees is still the right thing to do because you're only inducing growth in the lower part of the sutures, thus creating a CCW maxillary rotation.

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Keep in mind, this is my hypothesis, I don't have any studies to back this claim.

What I think is that it's really easy to displace the outer part of the maxilla because it's mot "anchored" and surrounded by other bones like the inner part. We aim to pull all the bones structure around the maxilla when we pull, otherwise, you'll get the look of the typical Negroid phenotype.

If that is true then pulling at 30 degrees is still the right thing to do because you're only inducing growth in the lower part of the sutures, thus creating a CCW maxillary rotation.

I was tempted to think that at first but after looking the stress area it kinda changed my mind.

Figure 9
Figure 8

What do you think of that ?

Can you paste that study here? I don't want to sign up there. I'll read it and give you a more informed opinion.

You can’t download the pdf without sign up on the link I sent in the main post of this thread?

I get what you're trying to achieve, but that is not bound to happen. It could just as likely result in the same growth direction that would otherwise occur by separating each circummaxillary suture equally, only in a less complete manner.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Slyfex8
I get what you're trying to achieve, but that is not bound to happen. It could just as likely result in the same growth direction that would otherwise occur by separating each circummaxillary suture equally, only in a less complete manner.
We are talking here like the bones were non-malleable objects that can't be warped under any force. And that's not true.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting and Slyfex8
We are talking here like the bones were non-malleable objects that can't be warped under any force. And that's not true.
Yes, in that case you would not be achieving maxillary rotation, but remodeling. I.e. rather than moving the bone, it would simply assume a new shape. The question is: could there be unpredictable differences between remodeling and sutural growth, as far as the aesthetic-functional outcome is concerned? Likely any change would be a mixture of both in an unforeseeable ratio. How to be sure that this ratio will not turn out to be particularly unfavorable?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, SayNoToRotting, Traxanas and 3 others
Yes, in that case you would not be achieving maxillary rotation, but remodeling. I.e. rather than moving the bone, it would simply assume a new shape. The question is: could there be unpredictable differences between remodeling and sutural growth, as far as the aesthetic-functional outcome is concerned? Likely any change would be a mixture of both in an unforeseeable ratio. How to be sure that this ratio will not turn out to be particularly unfavorable?
Very good point. That's why my intra-ora appliance covers completely and evenly the upper palate, to avoid causing aesthetic malformations.

Regarding the mse, I'm not sure.

So, looking at the simulations, they haven't tried to pull at +30 degrees from a position close to the 2nd molars.
They instead did it from the canines line. And the result is a successful CCW, regardless of the sutures.

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Can you guys make a resume for non english cels ?

• +1
Reactions: bimaximum
@CopeAndRope @betamanlet

See, bio-mechanics are very different from solid mechanics. If you apply a larger force to something like steel or iron, it will deform faster. But in the case of bones more force!= more movement. Hard forces induce a signal that makes the extracellular matrix to become rigid and the osteocytes to anchor tighter, while soft forces that fall below this signal transduction threshold don't make the matrix tense up allowing it to move without locking up.
so with hard forces you can compress, elongate or stretch, but with soft forces you can translate bone into new positions while making them grow via proliferation signals to the sutures.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: jelty te mogea, MSEinvestigator, AscendingHero and 4 others
Very good point. That's why my intra-ora appliance covers completely and evenly the upper palate, to avoid causing aesthetic malformations.
View attachment 177573
Regarding the mse, I'm not sure.

So, looking at the simulations, they haven't tried to pull at +30 degrees from a position close to the 2nd molars.
They instead did it from the canines line. And the result is a successful CCW, regardless of the sutures.
View attachment 177576

Now how we are supposed to replicate this in real life?

Also in the study there are saying "However, it is important to note that upward and posterior displacement will restrict maxillary growth, but will not necessarily impact it, since growth cannot be reversed or undone." wouldn't it means that ccw is not really possible and that the simulations in the study are not really applicable ?

@betamanlet

Last edited:

So in that case does mewing remodel the bones instead of add forward growth?

@Slyfex8 Well, I've personally never seen someone achieve what could be called maxillary CCW rotation. Maxillary expansion, sutural growth and alveolar growth almost always describe the changes better. Even in Mew's patients the maxilla as a whole does not really appear to rotate:

ChildCFD

35y35y

581 6530252823771272523683145751928027957166080o

In each of these there have been clear changes, but has the maxilla rotated, or even moved?

@CopeAndRope @betamanlet

See, bio-mechanics are very different from solid mechanics. If you apply a larger force to something like steel or iron, it will deform faster. But in the case of bones more force!= more movement. Hard forces induce a signal that makes the extracellular matrix to become rigid and the osteocytes to anchor tighter, while soft forces that fall below this signal transduction threshold don't make the matrix tense up allowing it to move without locking up.
so with hard forces you can compress, elongate or stretch, but with soft forces you can translate bone into new positions while making them grow via proliferation signals to the sutures.
It's one thing for bone to resist sudden bursts of force, the kind that chewing for example creates. But what about sustained high force? I'm wondering whether it is really the intensity of force or lack of sustain that the bone resists.
So in that case does mewing remodel the bones instead of add forward growth?
At the very least, mewing reshapes the alveolar ridge. Secondly, it can expand the maxilla through the mid-palatal suture if it's loose enough. As far as I know, many of the circummaxillary sutures stay open longer than the mid-palatal suture, which would mean that sutural growth of the mid-face is possible even as an adult (zygomatic area is usually the easiest area to impact with tongue posture). In short, it's varying degrees of both.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Treasure223, Deleted member 5385 and 4 others
@Slyfex8 Well, I've personally never seen someone achieve what could be called maxillary CCW rotation. Maxillary expansion, sutural growth and alveolar growth almost always describe the changes better. Even in Mew's patients the maxilla as a whole does not really appear to rotate:

View attachment 177616
View attachment 177618
View attachment 177620

In each of these there have been clear changes, but has the maxilla rotated, or even moved?

It's one thing for bone to resist sudden bursts of force, the kind that chewing for example creates. But what about sustained high force? I'm wondering whether it is really the intensity of force or lack of sustain that the bone resists.

At the very least, mewing reshapes the alveolar ridge. Secondly, it can expand the maxilla through the mid-palatal suture if it's loose enough. As far as I know, many of the circummaxillary sutures stay open longer than the mid-palatal suture, which would mean that sutural growth of the mid-face is possible even as an adult (zygomatic area is usually the easiest area to impact with tongue posture). In short, it's varying degrees of both.

What procedures did picture number 3 receive?

What procedures did picture number 3 receive?
All of them are mewing results. Superimposing the pics shows that his changes are actually much subtler than it first seems:
R1f1

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
That guy legit just lost bodyfat and got a better camera
Look at the changing shapes of chin and philtrum. Submental change is attributable to head tilt and elevated hyoid.

The lip change is pretty interesting, seems to be a large reduction in nasolabial angle.
True. It looks like her alveolar process has developed forward.

This may sound like a cope but could it change change for reaserach purposes you know

This may sound like a cope but could it change race for reaserach purposes you know

• Hmm...
Reactions: Treasure223

@Slyfex8

You're high IQ bro. Tag me in your future threads, alright?

This may sound like a cope but could it change change for reaserach purposes you know

This may sound like a cope but could it change race for reaserach purposes you know
You can't change race, but I guess you can aesthetically come close to certain phenotypes.

You're high IQ bro. Tag me in your future threads, alright?

You can't change race, but I guess you can aesthetically come close to certain phenotypes.

Oh then it's over man this is some sad shit but thanks for the info

View attachment 177616
View attachment 177618
View attachment 177620

What is mew's deal? Is he a maxfac, what does he actually know?

Look at the changing shapes of chin and philtrum. Submental change is attributable to head tilt and elevated hyoid.
Why do you reply to retarded people?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and forwardgrowth
I agree with what @betamanlet said for the most part.

You've read my tgw posts I see 😁
The direction of the suture is predetermined by a certain age 10 right..?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and varbrah
The direction of the suture is predetermined by a certain age 10 right..?

The direction of the suture doesn't change. However, yes sutural growth largely ceases by ages 10 to 12 or so.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and forwardgrowth
So @varbrah you aimed for maxillary sutural growth and remodeling at a -30 degree angle ..?

All of them are mewing results. Superimposing the pics shows that his changes are actually much subtler than it first seems:
.View attachment 177722
Mew uses the AGGA also known as FAGGA, an appliance which grows the jaws forward without changing their angle.
this is why Mew's patients keep having a subhuman gonial angle.
AGGA is a scam because you can get with the same price an orthognatic surgery with CCW rotation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Mew uses the AGGA also known as FAGGA, an appliance which grows the jaws forward without changing their angle.
AGGA is a scam because you can get with the same price an orthognatic surgery with CCW rotation
Agga just moves the teeth forward, which results in only advancement of the mouth area, leaving the midface deficient and exactly the same. That said agga is alot safer thn orthognatic surgery.

I don't think Mew uses AGGA. He hardly even talks about it, the only time I heard him mention it he was skeptical of it.

• +1
Reactions: Treasure223
I don't think Mew uses AGGA. He hardly even talks about it, the only time I heard him mention it he was skeptical of it.
then how does he make patients' face grow?

Ever heard of mewing?
I have never seen a mewing progression with the same angle, lighting and bodyfat.
all mewing transformations are scam.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Treasure223 and Deleted member 3162
Why am i in this thread i have 79 iq

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Treasure223, FutureMogger, CopeAndRope and 1 other person
I have never seen a mewing progression with the same angle, lighting and bodyfat.
Dear diary

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: diggbicc, Treasure223, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
Dear diary
I have a question which can be interesting and very nice to have an answer for, and for certain users as well, specifically heightcels who plan or currently are injecting GH secretagogues.

I was thinking and theorizing that with the ability to inject substances that secrete GH giving us a drastic increase in the rate of bone remodeling, which as an example, many bodybuilders utilize such peptides to recover from workout injuries faster, and etc... so... could this possibly result in faster maxillary progress? whether it'd be mewing, chewing, or facepulling in that regard. Would it truly have a very effective outcome to it considering how the rate of bone remodeling would be skyrocketed.

Figure5 remodelling 1
Main qimg 6b75ce60edf574eea6847aba76ea91c3

^ Graphs above displaying GH and bone remodeling rate declining through age, seems to be very correlated, of course, although not fully related... meaning, as in, questioning the difference between bone remodeling and the bone's softness that allows quick maxillary progress and overall movement that of an infant, or an 8 year old boy.

If maxilla-related problems are of course best treated in children, would this truly mean that GH substances could potentially make us 8 year olds again with malleable, easily influenced facial bones? Or would it simply just not be that easily effective, and that it may have other complications?

I'm not asking you as a wikipedia, but perhaps, maybe you can squeeze out some info JFL

• +1
Reactions: jelty te mogea, Treasure223 and GoMadAndSTFU

View attachment 177616
View attachment 177618
View attachment 177620

Can a FacePulling Device with moderate pressure impact the mid face/under Eye/ Zygomatic area? With your statement it should since if tongue posture alone can help

likely true, I am very skeptical of such transformations