Why PRK is better than lasik!

needsurgeryasap

needsurgeryasap

Bronze
  1. Risk of dry eye is less.
  2. No risk of the flap popping out with heavy exercise (this can happen with lasik) important for gymcels
  3. Less nerves are being cut.
  4. My doctor also said it has a less risk of your vision coming back and u can get it done as much as u want. U can do lasik more than once too but u always will have a flap in ur eye.

5. With lasik there is a flap left on ur eye forever but with PRK they cut ur eye and it grows back. If u hit hard on ur eye it can move the flap too.

Bad part of PRK vs lasik is that prk healing lasts longer. It can take up to 3 months for the vision to stabilise but u can go back to normal within a week and see clear enough to drive.

Doctors always suggest to do lasik to people as its healing is faster. When u heal fast u tend to tell everyone how in a day u can see already and u made a great choice. doctors want u to go around and tell everyone how u made the best decision ever and how after one day u can see and dont need glasses anymore etc. They want u to advertise it. Also suitable for busier lives.

Verdict: long term PRK is better.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and Deleted member 4416
How much $

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel
I did prk 3 weeks ago and I agree.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: needsurgeryasap and St. Wristcel
It would have cost me 3k where I live (ilasek-wavefront technology). i had the wavefront one because its the latest tech where the laser studies ur eye and does the burning without a human. Less human errors and stops when ur eyes move etc.

In Turkey, I had it done by a surgeon who had 20 years experience and used the same technology and I had a good holiday on top of all that. Cost me just under 900 gbp in Turkey. Called and made appointment on the phone. After the consultation i paid with my card after i was told i am suitable for it. Turkish lira went up recently so it might cost less now.

Last edited:
Cost me just under 900 gbp total for prk in the most well known hospital in turkey (dunyagoz)
Cope. could've spent that money on testosterone or GH or surgery while wearing contacts smh

both have pros and cons prk has higher chance of other sides like corneal haze

but overall I'd choose prk esp as a gymcel

PRK is better in the long term, because it is less risky, and it is also cheaper. The only downside is that you will feel like shit after the surgery for 5 days, and you will have to use eye drops for months until the cornea fully heals. You can do combat sports 6 months after surgery as well, which is riskier if you had LASIK because of the potential injury to the flap.

Cost me just under 900 gbp total for prk in the most well known hospital in turkey (dunyagoz)

I am from Hungary the no-touch PRK surgery costs around 1000 euros here, and that is the top clinic in the country with the latest laser technology. Recommended for poorcels

• +1
Reactions: needsurgeryasap