X-ray of my skull and bimax update

patricknotstar

patricknotstar

Platinum
CF4A3A5C B51D 4CA4 8349 17A93321517A

Please give constructive feedback, telling me I’m subhuman with a bunch of emojis does nothing, I know that already. My ortho has referred me to a bimax surgeon but well all
Know most surgeons know fuck all about aesthetics. I ask you the high iq users of looksmax to analyze my skull and tell me what’s wrong with it and how bimax could change it.

also lol at my airway

• +1
Reactions: Agendum, Be_ConfidentBro, Deleted member 12218 and 2 others
View attachment 1006279
Please give constructive feedback, telling me I’m subhuman with a bunch of emojis does nothing, I know that already. My ortho has referred me to a bimax surgeon but well all
Know most surgeons know fuck all about aesthetics. I ask you the high iq users of looksmax to analyze my skull and tell me what’s wrong with it and how bimax could change it.

also lol at my airway
so basically you move the jaw and the lower maxilla forward done

you have terrible head posture

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848 and Cardiologyscribe
You’re a decent guy so I’ll give you an effort post

Something I notice, your skull looks similar to mine except you have more protruding soft tissue of the chin while I have a slightly longer ramus and better neck posture.

Here is your skull resting to Frankfurt plane
D5950F0A 7231 401E BF40 08E3A275EA2A
B3C0C3D2 42A8 4B2C BDA3 4B9230ACB5F2

Then mine
0A0058AB 8528 471B 8EE6 F3B012E6A0BF
BBF224B5 FCF8 4849 9BF1 099E0626AFB8

Lines meaning:
-The red vertical line represents where your soft tissue should hit or protrude past, starting from the nasion down to the chin.
-The red horizontal line represents the maximum distance your ramus should grow to, generally the closer the better.
-The blue vertical line represents where your nasion bone, maxilla, and chin should hit or protrude past
-The green horizontal line represents the Frankfurt plane
-The green angled line represent the angle of your jaw in relation to the horizon

If you’re wondering what a good side looks like(without the blue line because I can’t see bone underneath) it would be these 2 guys
32653CCC E147 482C 9066 64A3B10875ED
8313B264 B952 4A98 80DC 6AAB4EB43B3E

You would ascend from a genioplastly for your chin and a tough chewing routine for your short ramus. As far as posture goes, chin tuck. That’s how I got my upright warrior spine.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish, SubhumanCurrycel, Cardiologyscribe and 7 others
You’re a cool guy so I’ll give you an effort post

Something I notice, your skull looks similar to mine except you have more protruding soft tissue of the chin while I have a longer ramus and better neck posture.

View attachment 1006503View attachment 1006504
Then mine
View attachment 1006505View attachment 1006507
Lines meaning:
-The red vertical line represents where your soft tissue should hit or protrude past, starting from the nasion down to the chin.
-The red horizontal line represents the maximum distance your ramus should grow to, generally the closer the better.
-The blue vertical line represents where your nasion bone, maxilla, and chin should hit or protrude past
-The green angled line represent the angle of your jaw in relation to the horizon

If you’re wondering what a good side looks like(without the blue line because I can’t see bone underneath) it would be these 2 guys
View attachment 1006516View attachment 1006517

You would ascend from a genioplastly for your chin and a tough chewing routine for your short ramus. As far as posture goes, chin tuck. That’s how I got my upright warrior spine.
Just copy paste this into a thread slightly reformat it and call it a guide honestly

I don't know what it is but looks useful
c7978649-9dc8-4621-a00e-6a352ab73316-jpeg.982232

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Just copy paste this into a thread slightly reformat it and call it a guide honestly

I don't know what it is but looks useful
c7978649-9dc8-4621-a00e-6a352ab73316-jpeg.982232
I see how it could look that way but I just wrote that right now because I have nothing else to do

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413

Something I notice, your skull looks similar to mine except you have more protruding soft tissue of the chin while I have a slightly longer ramus and better neck posture.

Then mine
Lines meaning:

Woah , thanks so much for the detailed reply my friend. So your saying chewing could lengthen my ramus?

Woah , thanks so much for the detailed reply my friend. So your saying chewing could lengthen my ramus?
Precisely, but a lot of visual change is due to masseter hypertrophy

But it still increases ramus height
ADA1D329 8D75 47B4 9C99 6BF921DD868D

Last edited:
Precisely, but a lot of visual change is due to masseter hypertrophy

But it still increases ramus height
View attachment 1006672
Only superficial/lower masseter hypertrophy will do that and look good.

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy
Well I contract it perfectly fine, thought everyone did when chewing
Nope lots of people get bloated masseters from hypertrophying the middle head

Its somewhat of an easy fix tho. All they need to do is use ems on the lower head. And/or get botox in the middle head.

Im starting to think this has to do with your head elevation when chewing. If i point my head down and chew most pressure goes to the middle. If i point it straight the pressure is lower.

Nope lots of people get bloated masseters from hypertrophying the middle head

Its somewhat of an easy fix tho. All they need to do is use ems on the lower head. And/or get botox in the middle head.
Seems legit but also autistic :feelskek:
Im starting to think this has to do with your head elevation when chewing. If i point my head down and chew most pressure goes to the middle. If i point it straight the pressure is lower.
I feel what you’re suggesting, but this difference is so small it shouldn’t be mentioned. Biggest difference is how far forward your jaw is.

First method, Try bitting in a juttted position or even a forced underbite and tell me which muscles you feel. For me, my lower masseters make up about 95% of force.

Second method, try the opposite. Give yourself a forced over bite and bite back. I feel 80% of the force in the temporalis, 19% in the middle head, and basically 0% in the lower masseters.

Most people’s jaw look closer to the one on the left than the right due to lack of chewing and the second chewing pattern
6591C283 3CF5 4E60 8B9A FD2F33E4A758
6D555E46 67E4 4259 B521 3CBC78966DF0

This is the difference between those 2 chewing patterns. You can see the effects perfectly.
9B39D588 F130 4949 9777 43F6C82233C7

• +1

Then mine
Lines meaning:

Using this analysis on my baseline lateral ceph before MSE treatment, I'm definitely more recessed than either of you. My soft tissue just reaches the red line at my chin and both of my lips are slightly past it, but the mental crease is behind it. My skeletal structure is even more recessed with the pogonion, A point and B point all more than a tooth width back from the blue line. However, my green angle is a little smaller than either of yours.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12218
Using this analysis on my baseline lateral ceph before MSE treatment, I'm definitely more recessed than either of you. My soft tissue just reaches the red line at my chin and both of my lips are slightly past it, but the mental crease is behind it. My skeletal structure is even more recessed with the pogonion, A point and B point all more than a tooth width back from the blue line. However, my green angle is a little smaller than either of yours.
The way you describe it makes it sound like you’re not that recessed. Any improvement post Mse treatment?

The way you describe it makes it sound like you’re not that recessed. Any improvement post Mse treatment?
At least the upper teeth reach the blue line in both of the cases you analyzed, mine are set well back from the blue line. I don't have a current x-ray to compare yet. My A point started slightly behind my B point, so my mandible might be ok if it wasn't trapped behind my maxilla. I feel like my maxilla has moved forward maybe 2-3mm from MSE+FM, so hopefully I'll see some improvement when I go back for another lateral ceph. I don't think I want to commit to jaw surgery.

Last edited:
Seems legit but also autistic :feelskek:

I feel what you’re suggesting, but this difference is so small it shouldn’t be mentioned. Biggest difference is how far forward your jaw is.

First method, Try bitting in a juttted position or even a forced underbite and tell me which muscles you feel. For me, my lower masseters make up about 95% of force.

Second method, try the opposite. Give yourself a forced over bite and bite back. I feel 80% of the force in the temporalis, 19% in the middle head, and basically 0% in the lower masseters.

Most people’s jaw look closer to the one on the left than the right due to lack of chewing and the second chewing pattern
View attachment 1007529View attachment 1007531
This is the difference between those 2 chewing patterns. You can see the effects perfectly.
View attachment 1007532
Agreed
For it makes a difference too if I am looking down or straight ahead.
But yes being in a jutted position or in a chin tuck makes way more difference indeed

So how should we chew?
Seems to me like the chewing motion should be forwards and maybe slight jutting.
I can feel way more the lower masseters when chewing and slight jutting

So how should we chew?
Seems to me like the chewing motion should be forwards and maybe slight jutting.
I can feel way more the lower masseters when chewing and slight jutting
I’d say you’re right but this might be akward. Our ancestors most certainly had this chewing pattern but it wasn’t forced due to their ideal leverage of teeth and jaws

• +1
My A point started slightly behind my B point, so my mandible might be ok if it wasn't trapped behind my maxilla.
This is exactly how I felt until I started jutting which helped the problem a little bit. I know Mse gives at least 1mm of protraction of the maxilla so adding on a Facemask will give you maybe 4mm total which is a huge difference imo.

I’d say you’re right but this might be akward. Our ancestors most certainly had this chewing pattern but it wasn’t forced due to their ideal leverage of teeth and jaws
Would chewing on molars help vertically lengthen the midface while mainting the occlusal plane?
If not is there any way to chew or swallow to make the maxilla grow downwards?

Would chewing on molars help vertically lengthen the midface while mainting the occlusal plane?
If not is there any way to chew or swallow to make the maxilla grow downwards?
Well according to @retard incisor chewing decreases the Midface, so conversely chewing on the back molars could theoretically increase the Midface

The maxilla and entire splanocranium is constantly growing downwards as a way to counteract the forces of chewing. Just look at a baby vs the elderly skull.
2114B66D E362 48FA 8DA1 C417B322CEF2

• +1
Reactions: N1c and RecessedPrettyboy
Well according to @retard incisor chewing decreases the Midface, so conversely chewing on the back molars could theoretically increase the Midface

The maxilla and entire splanocranium is constantly growing downwards as a way to counteract the forces of chewing. Just look at a baby vs the elderly skull.
View attachment 1008308
Yea but would molar chewing rotate the occlusal plane aswell or just lengthen vertically the maxilla. Thats the thing.

Chewing is an upward force maybe the maxilla compensates for the upward force by growing down. But maybe too much chewing would just jam the maxilla higher up. Idk

Yea but would molar chewing rotate the occlusal plane aswell or just lengthen vertically the maxilla. Thats the thing.
Hard to say, if you’re using the masseters to build the ramus then probably not. This is because as the ramus increases, it “pulls” the lower molars down which causes the upper molars to over erupt until contact.
2F80E1FF E7B8 4458 BACE C20ADF2A293F
12D78955 2736 40BD 917B 0215B5D5CA1D

• +1
Hard to say, if you’re using the masseters to build the ramus then probably not. This is because as the ramus increases, it “pulls” the lower molars down which causes the upper molars to over erupt until contact.
View attachment 1008347View attachment 1008348
Yea this makes sense.
Do u think this could vertically lengthen the front of the maxilla aswell?
Like bring down/erupt the front upper teeth aswell.

Yea this makes sense.
Do u think this could vertically lengthen the front of the maxilla aswell?
Like bring down/erupt the front upper teeth aswell.
Ive only seen what you’re describing is in downward grown people. The front of the maxilla will grow down all the time due to gravity and age. Only thing stopping this from occuring is head tilt, and pressure from the tongue and teeth contact.
A62B29B0 800B 4CEE AF5D 8A14A55B3F40

Ive only seen what you’re describing is in downward grown people. The front of the maxilla will grow down all the time due to gravity and age. Only thing stopping this from occuring is head tilt, and pressure from the tongue and teeth contact.
View attachment 1008421
I see. Im saying this because I have short face syndrome and I need 4-5mm of vertical growth in the front of the maxilla. Im trying to see if there is a muscle or force that can pull that part down without rotating the occlusal plane.

My front teeth are jammed too high because I used to clench/have bruxism with my front teeth.

I see. Im saying this because I have short face syndrome and I need 4-5mm of vertical growth in the front of the maxilla. Im trying to see if there is a muscle or force that can pull that part down without rotating the occlusal plane.

My front teeth are jammed too high because I used to clench/have bruxism with my front teeth.
You could try mewing very hard with the back third of the tongue, chewing gum on the back molars and resting your teeth apart or only the back molars touching while you wait for the maxilla to lengthen downwards again.

Or your maxilla is fine and your jaw/chin is too short. I can’t see your face and I’m not an expert on this anyway so take my advice with a grain of salt.

• +1
View attachment 1006279

also lol at my airway
I have a question, how much did it cost to get your CT scan? any taxes involved? how long did it take you to get it and what was the process

I have a question, how much did it cost to get your CT scan? any taxes involved? how long did it take you to get it and what was the process
Cost about 450, only side profile

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172
Cost about 450
can u reuse a CT scan for multiple surgeries? lets say I'm going to get two surgeries do they require a fresh new scan or something?

can u reuse a CT scan for multiple surgeries? lets say I'm going to get two surgeries do they require a fresh new scan or something?
The surgeon usually takes a new one and charges again for it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172
How can you tell
don't you see how far he's tilting his head back? if that's how he always walks around then he's fucked.

• Woah
Reactions: PYT
don't you see how far he's tilting his head back? if that's how he always walks around then he's fucked.
I thought you meant he had forward posture, you're saying him pushing his head back is bad?

I thought you meant he had forward posture, you're saying him pushing his head back is bad?
no, him rotating his head so that his chin is higher is bad, because that will lead to forward head posture

• +1
Reactions: PYT
no, him rotating his head so that his chin is higher is bad, because that will lead to forward head posture
Damn I do that shit, I thought chest out chin up was correct posture

Damn I do that shit, I thought chest out chin up was correct posture
no, chest out chin down is correct posture. try to make your head posture look as close to a chintuck as is comfortable

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and PYT
no, chest out chin down is correct posture. try to make your head posture look as close to a chintuck as is comfortable
Bro your avi is such a mogger. I saw that jit eating cereal on tik tok and he looked like a god.

Insane athleticism too

• Love it
Reactions: AutisticBeaner