EMS gave me involuntary muscle spasms

D

Deleted member 8988

Platinum
I did electrical muscle stimulation on my orbiculari oculi muscles for better lower eye support and less UEE for about 3 weeks, 2 to 3 times per week with low intensity and for 5-10 minutes per session. That was enough to give me involuntary muscle spasms,or blepharospasm. my upper eyelid randomly begins to twitch for up to a minute. I looked into the mirror and the eyelid barely closes, but it is still visible. this thing happens daily and I have it since a few days. Hopefully it is actually caused by stress and will go away in a few days.
It may be a sign of nerve damage though and idk yet if it can ever go away ( heal itself ).

So be careful if you want to go and do this.
Dont overdue it, meaning imo not more than once per week at not more than 5 minutes per session. You can also get a much worse condition called rhabdomyolysis, meaning that your muscles get damaged and their fibre gets into the blood and reaches your kidney, causing even death due to toxicity ( any muscle trained with ems is susceptible to this, but this is common in whole body ems training ): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6937082/

What has been your experience with ems training @antiantifa @RecessedPrettyboy ?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, nobodyspecial369, Deleted member 16834 and 8 others
I had this shit for months during the pandemic crisis, because of sedentary lifestyle and big amounts of stress. Once I started working out, the eyelid twitches vanished. I still got some muscle twitches at night tho.

• +1
Reactions: Cidre enjoyer, .👽., AscendingHero and 6 others
I had this shit for months during the pandemic crisis, because of sedentary lifestyle and big amounts of stress. Once I started working out, the eyelid twitches vanished. I still got some muscle twitches at night tho.
I dont workout anymore because of a rotator cuff tear but I am not that sedentary either. I cycle a lot and go out for walks. The thing is that I never had this before ( meaning for almost a minute and for up to a few times per day )and the coincidence is too big. I also dont drink coffee nor alcohol

I dont workout anymore because of a rotator cuff tear but I am not that sedentary either. I cycle a lot and go out for walks. The thing is that I never had this before ( meaning for almost a minute and for up to a few times per day )and the coincidence is too big. I also dont drink coffee nor alcohol
yeah same, if I drink coffee (or other caffeine drinks), I have twitches. I think the best thing you can do is (1) drink lots of water, (2) refrain from using caffeine, (3) engage in daily activity and (4) do deep breathing exercises. If nothing helps, see your doctor.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
4522C0E9 B06E 44D3 9644 4BB8A5A67548
B3FF69E3 78A7 4469 92BC 9360F8EEEEB9

• So Sad
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 8988
Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan ?:feelsgood:

• JFL
Reactions: SteveRogers and Deleted member 8988
d
yeah same, if I drink coffee (or other caffeine drinks), I have twitches. I think the best thing you can do is (1) drink lots of water, (2) refrain from using caffeine, (3) engage in daily activity and (4) do deep breathing exercises. If nothing helps, see your doctor.
o you only experience this on your eyes?and for how much time have you had it? cna you control ( trigger or stop it )? It may be hemifacial spasm. This thing is known to start with your eyelids and expand and worsen over time affecting your whole face.

d
do you only experience this on your eyes?and for how much time have you had it? cna you control ( trigger or stop ) it ? It may be hemifacial spasm. This thing is known to start with your eyelids and expand and worsen over time affecting your whole face.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369 and Constantin Denis
d

do you only experience this on your eyes?and for how much time have you had it? cna you control ( trigger or stop ) it ? It may be hemifacial spasm. This thing is known to start with your eyelids and expand and worsen over time affecting your whole face.
I used to experience it in my eyelids for mins, multiple times a day. I used to get facial twitches as well, yes. Try deep breathing and see if it helps.

• +1
And lower eyelid doesnt twitch?

Do you have tighter eyelids at least?

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
I am not sure tbh. It might but to a much lesser degree. I can only feel it into the upper lid
Lower eyelid is what you should be using it for, people with less uee dont have a tense upper eyelid. You should look into ice hooding/eyelid pulling for more hooding.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Elvisandreaa, LastHopeForNorman and 1 other person
Lower eyelid is what you should be using it for, people with less uee dont have a tense upper eyelid. You should look into ice hooding/eyelid pulling for more hooding.
well the thing is that you cant train only one eyelid, because the orbiculari oculi muscle surrounds the eye and controls the closing of both eyelids.

also I tried icehooding and it worked but I havent made progress after a point and I lost all gains after less than a month

well the thing is that you cant train only one eyelid, because the orbiculari oculi muscle surrounds the eye and controls the closing of both eyelids.
No its not like that, squinching proves this theory wrong

No its not like that, squinching proves this theory wrong
What i meant is that you cant train only one eyelid because the nerves that supply the muscle are hard if not impossible to isolate. i tried every inch of my face I guarantee you

What i meant is that you cant train only one eyelid because the nerves that supply the muscle are hard if not impossible to isolate. i tried every inch of my face I guarantee you
@RecessedPrettyboy

I did electrical muscle stimulation on my orbiculari oculi muscles for better lower eye support and less UEE for about 3 weeks, 2 to 3 times per week with low intensity and for 5-10 minutes per session. That was enough to give me involuntary muscle spasms,or blepharospasm. my upper eyelid randomly begins to twitch for up to a minute. I looked into the mirror and the eyelid barely closes, but it is still visible. this thing happens daily and I have it since a few days. Hopefully it is actually caused by stress and will go away in a few days.
It may be a sign of nerve damage though and idk yet if it can ever go away ( heal itself ).

Dont overdue it, meaning imo not more than once per week at not more than 5 minutes per session. You can also get a much worse condition called rhabdomyolysis, meaning that your muscles get damaged and their fibre gets into the blood and reaches your kidney, causing even death due to toxicity ( any muscle trained with ems is susceptible to this, but this is common in whole body ems training ): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6937082/

What has been your experience with ems training @antiantifa @RecessedPrettyboy ?
@RecessedPrettyboy
Im not using this cause I dont need to.
You might have used too many miliamps man. That muscle damage thing only happens if you go really overboard. I dont know why you got that eye twitch thing. Like I said maybe u went a little bit overboard. But I really doubt its permanent, even if it is a nerve problem, nerves still heal. They just take a few months to do so.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 12218, Deleted member 8988 and 1 other person
You might have used too many miliamps man. That muscle damage thing only happens if you go really overboard. I dont know why you got that eye twitch thing. Like I said maybe u went a little bit overboard. But I really doubt its permanent, even if it is a nerve problem, nerves still heal. They just take a few months to do so.

I used the lowest intensity level on a cheap ems, with the abs program which from what i saw on the rest of the body is the least intensive one. But maybe u are right.

also btw I dont try to discredit this method/theory to improve the malar or orbicularis oculi muscle just want to make people aware of any possible thing that can go wrong

thanks for the help

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, newperson and RecessedPrettyboy
Btw u only put it on ur lower eyelids right not upper as well?

Only lower
this is what you said regarding the placement of the electrolodes on the malaris muscle ( idk why you call it like that, when referring to the muscle that surrounds the eye, but whatever) :
finally got a good look on how the contraction of malaris works

The lateral part is what seems to raise the face. idk where you mean when you say medial part but if i place the electrodes closer to the nose it just doesnt do what we want

contracting it raises soft tissue in the midface like in a face lift. and it raises the lower eyelids to a perfectly straight and natural position, at least for me. I can isolate the malaris muscle with the EMS device.

I am putting the negative electrode eye level and the positive a bit lower:
terminal-branches-of-the-facial-nerve-on-the-face-1-temporal-branch-2-zygomatic-jpg.997220

red is the positive and black negative.
this seems to be the ideal placement

terminal-branches-of-the-facial-nerve-on-the-face-1-temporal-branch-2-zygomatic345-jpg.997226

here is a better representation of where the electrodes should be placed
are you saying that if you place the electrolodes there only your lower eyelid is getting raised? I know thats not what we get from this post but it is the only one where you explain so accurate where to place the electrolodes. I tried every corner of my upper face before and couldnt manage that.

Ok, just tried to do it exactly how you said, by using all four electrolodes, previously I was using only two ( negative and positive ) and placing them like that. Interstingly I can get now to only contract the lower eyelid of one of the eyes, the other one is still closing normally ( fully ).
I guess the issue is that my electrolode pads are way too big ( 3x4cm i think ) and thats why I cant isolate the nerves correctly, even if I tried to only touch the face with a small part of the pads before. My bad then.

this is what you said regarding the placement of the electrolodes on the malaris muscle ( idk why you call it like that, when referring to the muscle that surrounds the eye, but whatever) :

are you saying that if you place the electrolodes there only your lower eyelid is getting raised? I know thats not what we get from this post but it is the only one where you explain so accurate where to place the electrolodes. I tried every corner of my upper face before and couldnt manage that.

Ok, just tried to do it exactly how you said, by using all four electrolodes, previously I was using only two ( negative and positive ) and placing them like that. Interstingly I can get now to only contract the lower eyelid of one of the eyes, the other one is still closing normally ( fully ).
I guess the issue is that my electrolode pads are way too big ( 3x4cm i think ) and thats why I cant isolate the nerves correctly, even if I tried to only touch the face with a small part of the pads before. My bad then.
You gotta cut the electrodes to a small size

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Deleted member 8988
You gotta cut the electrodes to a small size
I knew this but like i said I have tried before even placing only the corner of the electrolodes and still couldnt trigger the nerves individually. I think that using all 4 made the difference. I could still feel some contraction above the eye but indeed the upper eyelid stood still.

Thanks for the help. I wish there were more updates on all this method and theory because its a breakthrough in the psl history.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, nobodyspecial369 and RecessedPrettyboy
@antiantifa u fucking up niggas

ive had this before. only way i could fix it was dunking my head in ice cold water for 40 seconds x3 and it went away. i think its some sort of inflammation

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 8988
ive had this before. only way i could fix it was dunking my head in ice cold water for 40 seconds x3 and it went away. i think its some sort of inflammation
i guess it can be caused by inflammation, but there are also more possible causes. Potassium deficiency is one of them. I will have to check that too.
For now, in my case i think its more of an irritation ( I have no redness or swelling on my eye area ), as I've got this just a day after getting only 2 hours of sleep before a vacation, and lately Ive been using the pc a lot. Still, its been more than a week and I still have it. I havent thought about putting ice or cold water on my eye because I was thinking it must be something much worse. So I will definitely try, thanks man.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14543
i guess it can be caused by inflammation, but there are also more possible causes. Potassium deficiency is one of them. I will have to check that too.
For now, in my case i think its more of an irritation ( I have no redness or swelling on my eye area ), as I've got this just a day after getting only 2 hours of sleep before a vacation, and lately Ive been using the pc a lot. Still, its been more than a week and I still have it. I havent thought about putting ice or cold water on my eye because I was thinking it must be something much worse. So I will definitely try, thanks man.
how u doing nowdays op?

• +1
how u doing nowdays op?
let's say that people don't believe I have early parkinson symptoms anymore. It "only" lasted for two months. I have tried getting more sleep, cutting screen usage and being more active. I also took magnesium supplements, and interestingly the twitch disappeared a few days after. I can't know neither what caused or cured my spasms, but it definitely wasn't hemifacial spasms or blepharospasm, so I am not fucked for life.

Thanks for your concern.

I am actually restarting the experiment with EMS . This time I will follow what @RecessedPrettyboy said and will be more careful.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, nobodyspecial369, newperson and 1 other person

i had this also for some time without a reason. it went away by itself. btw im doing ems for my cock and neck

• +1
i had this also for some time without a reason. it went away by itself. btw im doing ems for my cock and neck
might be legit :what: if you refer to the muscle beneath the cock tbh
Kegels exercises, also called pelvic muscle exercises, are performed to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, which can help prevent incontinence, prevent accidentally passing gas or stool, and improve orgasms.

also its definitely worth it for the neck. Not only to get a bigger neck but to strengthen the suprahyoid muscles and raise the hyoid bone which should make your jaw more defined.

goodluck! tbh if you dont want to throw too much money in the ems stuff just buy a regular chinese one like mine, cuz it hasnt killed me yet, or at least buy EKG electrodes, not EMS ones, as those are much more cheaper and are the same thing, ironically with better adhesive.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and .👽.
might be legit :what: if you refer to the muscle beneath the cock tbh

also its definitely worth it for the neck. Not only to get a bigger neck but to strengthen the suprahyoid muscles and raise the hyoid bone which should make your jaw more defined.

goodluck! tbh if you dont want to throw too much money in the ems stuff just buy a regular chinese one like mine, cuz it hasnt killed me yet, or at least buy EKG electrodes, not EMS ones, as those are much more cheaper and are the same thing, ironically with better adhesive.
i got a tens/ems device from Amazon for 50€. its legit.

and yea i train the muscles under my cock and sometimes i put it on my cock directly. goal is to fix vascular outflow

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and Deleted member 8988

updates bro? do you still have this spasm?

@Grel Hellscream

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
idk subhuman lower eyelid insertions I guess

if everything goes right I will hopefully be 6 PSL otherwise i will full bogdanoffmaxx and rope

@mtcut3plush this is someone with bad results

Where abouts on the hyoid would you place them?

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell
What about EMS devices Safe for the face like Nuface