How much time should u go to gym as a teen and rate this split

albanian_chad

albanian_chad

MOGGER OF BALKAN
Training a lot in the gym would increase cortisol a lot and it is bad for puberty.Thats why my split has only 3 days and lot of rest days.Its enough to build muscle and increase testosterone,hgh etc.

Day 1
Chest
Bench press
Incline brench press
Incline dumbell brench

Bicep
Bicep curls with hammer curls
Incline bicep curls

Day 2

Back
Wide grip Lat pulldown
Seated cable rows
Bent over Dumbell rows

Tricep
Skullcrusher
Tricep pushdown
Forearm curls

Day 3

Shoulder
Lateral raises
Cable lateral raises
Seated rear delt raises

Legs
Leg press
Leg extension

6-12
3 sets

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: noodlelover and grief
Bump

• So Sad
Reactions: grief

AscendOrRopemaxx

This is good.

No one knows. Weight lifting studies have limited durations, and are often done on old people who barely even lift.

But I've been lifting for a couple decades, and ask every guy I meet that looks decent how often they lift.

My belief is that, natural body builders reach peak muscle mass after a few years and then the only thing they can do is maintain.

Working out more often might get you to that peak muscle mass quicker, in say 1 year instead of 2, but you still hit it.

And maintaining requires only hitting each muscle once a week. Dividing that into three sessions, or hitting each muscle three days a week should be fine. That's also more than enough to grow so long as you are pushing yourself and fatiguing your muscles.

Anecdotally, I have more muscle mass working out three days a week than seven.

I've noticed most big guys work out six days a week, but I think that's more to do with working out more often makes the habit easier to maintain long term. I believe if you can get a habit of working out for three days a week, you'll be fine.

Nutrition & Sleep are key.

• +1
Reactions: albanian_chad