IS CHAT GPT OR CALORIE CALCULATOR MORE ACCURATE

thebuffdon690

thebuffdon690

Kraken
For calculating maintenance calories and why?

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates, wsada and <6PSLcel
Bump

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and <6PSLcel
cant u just use a food scale and just read the calories per 100g for whatever yr eating ?

• +1
Reactions: wsada and maxxmclooks
ChatGPT is well known for being awful at math so stick with the calorie calc

• +1
Reactions: got.daim, Miant Gimplants and maxxmclooks
cant u just use a food scale and just read the calories per 100g for whatever yr eating ?
I still need to calculate maintenance calories tho

• +1
ChatGPT is well known for being awful at math so stick with the calorie calc
Chat gpt got higher result tho and when I started eating at that I gained more weight but obviously that makes sense cuz it’s higher

But for cutting it’s different cuz I’m meant to be eating less so I don’t know which one to follow

• +1

choose little to no

• +1
cuz thats ur baseline, dont chose bmr cuz thats if you dont move at all like just lie in bed all day
Maintenance is 2400. That makes no sense tho it should be around 3000 lmao

• +1
Maintenance is 2400. That makes no sense tho it should be around 3000 lmao
i do this, my maintenance with little to no exercise is 2600, i will eat 2200 so 400 below, and then lets say i go to work, which involves walking 7.5k steps to and from which makes me burn 900 calories, i add that to 2200 which will be 3100 and eat 3100 then, i hope that makes sense.

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
i do this, my maintenance with little to no exercise is 2600, i will eat 2200 so 400 below, and then lets say i go to work, which involves walking 7.5k steps to and from which makes me burn 900 calories, i add that to 2200 which will be 3100 and eat 3100 then, i hope that makes sense.
You just said you eat 2200 and then 3100 after what?

• +1
You just said you eat 2200 and then 3100 after what?
Oh in total

• +1
  • +1
I don’t really get it why not just eat like 500 below maintenance or smth?
my method is more accurate, unless each day you do the same amount of exercise n shit then sure just do that, but for me it varies, i either sit at home all day doing fuck all, or walk 15k+ steps

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
my method is more accurate, unless each day you do the same amount of exercise n shit then sure just do that, but for me it varies, i either sit at home all day doing fuck all, or walk 15k+ steps
Do you think I can lose 20ibs in a month? It’s definitely possible but I don’t wanna starvemaxx cuz don’t wanna lose muscle too

• +1
Do you think I can lose 20ibs in a month? It’s definitely possible but I don’t wanna starvemaxx cuz don’t wanna lose muscle too
10kg in a month, bro you'll have stretch marks like crazy, its not advisable to lose more than 1% of of total weight per week, but you do u bhai

• +1
Reactions: BlackpilledPlatypus
10kg in a month, bro you'll have stretch marks like crazy, its not advisable to lose more than 1% of of total weight per week, but you do u bhai
I could lose more cuz of super fast metabolism it would be equivalent to someone losing 5kg in a month

• +1
Every caloric expenditure calculator in existence is pretty trash because metabolisms and activity/movement vary so widely.
Finding a reasonably accurate value for your maintenance calories will require a bit of autism: track everything you eat and look at your rate of weight loss or gain over a week/month/whatever which shows your average daily deficit or surplus. Your maintenance will alsoimo change quite a bit with extended cutting or bulking.

Best food logger app imo is MacroFactor. Provided you are consistent with logging EVERYTHING (even if you go massively off track with diet), it does all the calculations and shit so you'll always know what your maintenance is, even as it changes.

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690 and got.daim
I agree with 1% of bodyweight per week max for most people. 20lbs per month is absolutely insane unless giga-obese. Will probably get significant muscle loss too and maybe loose skin, and it would require almost complete fasting for most.

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690 and <6PSLcel
I agree with 1% of bodyweight per week max for most people. 20lbs per month is absolutely insane unless giga-obese. Will probably get significant muscle loss too and maybe loose skin, and it would require almost complete fasting for most.
Yes but I am a hyper ectomorph with giga fast metabolism so 20ibs seems reasonable. Even when I bulk i still lose weight so it’s gonna be super easy to cut

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
Just get your protein every meal and you won't feel hungry, consume fiber and low carbs and you will maintain long term