Mandible Widening

PrimoMaxxer

PrimoMaxxer

Silver
Does anyone know if mandible widening during BSSO makes more of a 'outward gonion' look from front on? Or will it just make a round jaw, a wider rounder jaw?

• +1
Reactions: hydraiskami
good question bump

Why would it make a wider round jaw? It would make the jaw more angular due to more support provided by the bones after ramus widening. Just have a look at Safi’s latest bimax result on his insta page (not photoshopped btw, literally taken by patient at home)

Jaw only gets rounder if your bone structure is not robust enough relative to soft tissue mass (muscle + fat) of jaw

• +1
Reactions: PrimoMaxxer
Why would it make a wider round jaw? It would make the jaw more angular due to more support provided by the bones after ramus widening. Just have a look at Safi’s latest bimax result on his insta page (not photoshopped btw, literally taken by patient at home)

Jaw only gets rounder if your bone structure is not robust enough relative to soft tissue mass (muscle + fat) of jaw
I got no idea bro thats why i'm asking. Also I typo'ed in the OP, I didn't mean would it make ur jaw rounder, I just meant would it stay the same level of roundness, but just wider. What is his insta?

I got no idea bro thats why i'm asking. Also I typo'ed in the OP, I didn't mean would it make ur jaw rounder, I just meant would it stay the same level of roundness, but just wider. What is his insta?
Aha all good. Tbh to be honest ramus widening is barely noticeable unless you go to a blackpilled surgeon, and even then there are limits since too much can cause TMJ.

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/craniologicum/

• Love it
For myself personally my jaw is probably ideal width just subhumanely round
Did you get a CT scan of your skull? Your bones might be narrow but the muscle/fat around it is making it appear wider

Did you get a CT scan of your skull? Your bones might be narrow but the muscle/fat around it is making it appear wider
Yeah could be. If that was the case the solution would be buccal fat reduction or botox masseter plus mandible widening or implants is the solution right? I will get CT after I'm done with dental decompensation and braces

Yeah could be. If that was the case the solution would be buccal fat reduction or botox masseter plus mandible widening or implants is the solution right? I will get CT after I'm done with dental decompensation and braces
Ye pretty much. Although instead of Botox masseter I would personally add just little jaw filler alongside ramus widening to enhance angularity. But best option is obviously jaw angle implants

• Love it
Ye pretty much. Although instead of Botox masseter I would personally add just little jaw filler alongside ramus widening to enhance angularity.
Yep ive been considering filler. Im starting to think I might need it to have a chance to fully fix my face lol

• +1
Reactions: eagle_tren123
Yep ive been considering filler. Im starting to think I might need it to have a chance to fully fix my face lol
Aha just don’t over do it due to migration risk, but minor touch ups are fine

• +1