This surgeon's jaw implant results are crazy (Dr Jorge Fernandes). Has anyone gone to him for implants? Seems to use off the shelve implants too.

D

Dromedary3

Iron
With results like these from some surgeons just using standard implants, I just cant understand why there is so much jaw implant hate on this forum. Seem like as long as you are a good candidate (long enough ramus, no/not severe underlying orthodontic issues apart from aesthetics, etc.), and you go to someone with a good eye for aesthetics for what you need, you can ascend hard with just a standardized implant.

Like some of these below are crazy. Wonder why his name doesnt come up on here like at all.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Mosh12, pffo and 3 others
kinda botched

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline and reaper2
kinda botched
How? every single one of these people look undoubtably better than before. Most of them also would look completely normal to basically everyone other than people who know about these surgeries or saw them before. There is maybe a single person that I showed that looks like they had work done.

• +1
Reactions: quinfluence, xeyt, bankrolls and 1 other person
custom mogs
completely agree. Im just saying if this is what results with standard implants can get, imagine whats possible with custom. Thats why Im confused why jaw implants get a lot of hate here it seems

actually one of the only surgeons that produce good jaw implants results

• +1
Reactions: Mosh12, coomahboomah and ScramFranklin
completely agree. Im just saying if this is what results with standard implants can get, imagine whats possible with custom. Thats why Im confused why jaw implants get a lot of hate here it seems
got a lot of hate because the majority of implants weren't custom and used shitty materials.

Custom PEEK/Titanium is the best of the best for achieving aesthethic results

Mogs Eppley results. Looks actually pretty good

• +1
Reactions: coomahboomah and Dromedary3
Some are good some look uncanny

With results like these from some surgeons just using standard implants, I just cant understand why there is so much jaw implant hate on this forum. Seem like as long as you are a good candidate (long enough ramus, no/not severe underlying orthodontic issues apart from aesthetics, etc.), and you go to someone with a good eye for aesthetics for what you need, you can ascend hard with just a standardized implant.

Like some of these below are crazy. Wonder why his name doesnt come up on here like at all.

• JFL
Reactions: xeyt, HerpDerpson, temporomandibular32 and 2 others
Mogs Eppley results. Looks actually pretty good
Completely agree, his are uniquely bad. Although I think that because of unrealistic expectations from his patients sometimes too tho. For these results though, would never even guess they had implants if I saw them in the street for the first time, and certainly not if I wasn't aware about implants to begin with.

• +1
Reactions: coomahboomah
Some are good some look uncanny
There is one on here that I would agree kinda looks uncanny, but still better than his before (second one). The rest tho looks fantastic imo

got a lot of hate because the majority of implants weren't custom and used shitty materials.

Custom PEEK/Titanium is the best of the best for achieving aesthethic results
Are peek actually that good though? I barely see results from those and the ones I do see look very conservative, like they aren't even going for aesthetics sometimes. Most customs I see I feel like are silicone.

I did my surgery 15 days ago w/ him. Good results, i did jaw, gap, chin and cheekbone, not so good price if u live in Br but very cheap if u live in eu / na

I did my surgery 15 days ago w/ him. Good results, i did jaw, gap, chin and cheekbone, not so good price if u live in Br but very cheap if u live in eu / na
Nice! Didn't even realize he did cheekbone implants. Could I see your before and after in DM??

SUBHUMAN TO SUBHUMAN TBH

SUBHUMAN TO SUBHUMAN TBH
2,3,5 and 6 guy went from invisible to good looking imo. def a huge improvement. Others, while their jaw def improved, need other work done imo. Doesn't take away from their jaw being much better though

how much?

These are too sharp giving gay/filler user gay/feminine look to frown men. Side profile is the only thing that looks good

Completely agree, his are uniquely bad. Although I think that because of unrealistic expectations from his patients sometimes too tho. For these results though, would never even guess they had implants if I saw them in the street for the first time, and certainly not if I wasn't aware about implants to begin with.
i’m very aware of implants however i am not educated heavily and i can’t tell why any of them supposedly look uncanny

Personally I think it's just fundamentally wrong to slap on implants as a way of masking a recessed face. Even though some look good in the pictures, I'd bet you'd be able to tell something is off when actually watching them in real life in motion.
Bimax is better in every case.

Implants is something you enhance an already healthy jaw with to get that last bit, not something you build the entire foundation on.

Personally I think it's just fundamentally wrong to slap on implants as a way of masking a recessed face. Even though some look good in the pictures, I'd bet you'd be able to tell something is off when actually watching them in real life in motion.
Bimax is better in every case.

Implants is something you enhance an already healthy jaw with to get that last bit, not something you build the entire foundation on.
I disagree about bimax being better in every case, especially if you have perfectly healthy and avgerage/aesthetic forward growth. Some people naturally just have inward gonions (like O'pry, for example) and need 5mm of width there give or take a couple mm, nothing more. However, completely agree that if you lack proper jaw development (recessed chin, bite issues, breathing issues, jaw misalignment/asymetries, very short ramus etc etc), then yeah bimax is obv the correct choice. So basically I completely agree with your last point. If you have the base and just need a tad bit of enhancement (which is the entire point of plastic surgery to begin with, as opposed to bimax which is functional), then yeah jaw implants make sense.

• +1
Reactions: Realism
Because no one wants to go to a jaw implant doctor in the third world where you have no recourse if you ended up botched with nerve damage. Guessing he is from San Paulo?