UPPER maxillary projection is the key to aesthetics

I wonder, aside from cartilage pulling,
portrait-handsome-man-closed-nose-stink-smell-portrait-handsome-man-closed-nose-stink-smell-166379399.jpg

and upper jaw pulling
SPOILER-2246193-1-A2-B1-E25-540-E-470-B-B4-D9-F55-C32-A3-FC80-1.png

If,

1. anchored nasal bridge pulling with a facepuller (you need to be buddy with a maxillofacial doc/surgeon to install the bone anchors like those in the palate) to essentially pull your upper maxilla and increase your airway space as well

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337.jpg

OR
2. there is way to insert rods inside your nose like the ones used to test whether you got covid

rapid-test-hero.jpg

But solid anelastic ones that don't BEND and pull your nasal bridge - maxilla that way

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337-1.jpg

is a realistic way to partly fix a recessed upper maxilla.

JFL how does that guy breath?
2305774_1615354133914.png

His alar base starts behind his eyes.

Mirin his 3 cubic centimeters (3 cm^3) cranial airway.
i wonder if you can make your medial canthus more downturned using this because when i pull the top of my nose forward it improves it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778, BrahminBoss and thecel
Is the maxillary triangle affected by fat pads/ body fat and is it possible to gauge how much it is affected by? @thecel

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Wrote all this shit myself bruh.

I desperately wanna get my threads into BotB. I probably won't make it. Over for forumcels. :feelsrope:
high iq chinklet

• JFL
@thecel answer the two questions above pls

• +1
Is the maxillary triangle affected by fat pads/ body fat and is it possible to gauge how much it is affected by? @thecel

too lazy to answer

for what?

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
This is exactly what I fucking need to look human and can't believe someone spoke on it. Lefort 2 minus lefort 1 will ascend me to human

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and thecel
too lazy to answer

can u give a short ans

• +1
What's the upper maxilla?

The upper maxilla is essentially the Le Fort 2 area minus the Le Fort 1 area.

View attachment 1033427View attachment 1033418View attachment 1033419

Figure 1: The 3 Le Fort fractures. The upper maxilla is Le Fort 2 minus Le Fort 1.

The upper maxilla includes the inner infraorbital rims, the nasal ridge, the canine fossa area (Figure 2), and most importantly, the nasal aperture.

View attachment 1033442

Figure 2: Canine fossae

This post doesn't go into detail about the canine fossa; just know that it's an important part of the upper maxilla.

What does upper maxillary projection look like?

Upper maxillary projection is characterized by the area from the front of the cheekbone to the back of the nose being a smooth transition when viewed from the side, as seen in Figure 3.

View attachment 1033406View attachment 1033407

Figure 3: Almost-side-profile view of a White man with upper maxillary projection

The man in Figure 3 has a seamless "blend" between the zygoma and the back of the nose. Contrast that with this other man who has a clearly defined border in the same spot:

View attachment 1033448

Figure 4: Poor upper maxillary projection

The difference is due to the slope of the bone around the nasal aperture. With a forward upper maxilla, the bone on the left and right taper forward and inward toward the nose. With a flat upper maxilla, the bone on both sides of the upper maxilla are parallel.

View attachment 1033403

Figure 5: Caucasoid projected upper maxilla vs. Mongoloid flat upper maxilla

Projected upper maxillas as typically seen in Caucasoids, whereas a flat upper maxilla is a Mongoloid trait.

Another way to look at this is in terms of the position of the nasal aperture, the hole in the skull you breathe through.

View attachment 1033410View attachment 1033408View attachment 1033409

Figure 6: Underprojected, normal, and overprojected nasal apertures

View attachment 1033417View attachment 1033421

Figure 7: The recessed nasal aperture of a Mongoloid and the projected nasal aperture of a Caucasoid

An aesthetic upper maxilla is for the most part a projected nasal aperture.

Here's an East Asian woman who got a nose job as well as some procedure that moved her nasal aperture forward and made the surrounding tissue more slanted forwards toward the center:

View attachment 1033404View attachment 1033405

Figure 8: Before and after of an East Asian woman who got a more projected nasal aperture, making the surrounding contour slanted forward toward the middle like Caucasians

As you can see, she used to have a clearly defined border between the front of her zygos and the back of her nose, and after surgery it turned into a smooth blended transition, which is ideal.

The difference between a projected upper maxilla and a projected nose

This is a recessed subhuman:

View attachment 1033412

Figure 9: A recessed subhuman

Giving him a forward-protruding Caucasoid nose doesn't result in a good look (Figure 10).

View attachment 1033413

Figure 10: Shit

His nasal aperture and the bone around it needs to get pulled forward, like this:

View attachment 1033479

Figure 11: Better

I deliberately kept his nose flat in order to show how a projected upper maxilla with a flat nose mogs a recessed upper maxilla with a projecting nose.

The final nail in the coffin for Mew Indicator Line copers

@loox made a very high-IQ post last year about the faults of the Mew Indicator Line:

https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-measure-a-recessed-maxilla.122146/post-2598129

Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten many views because it's the 60th reply to a thread that claims the Mew Indicator Line is a "great tool." At the time of writing, that thread is in the "Best of the Best" subforum. I think it has merit, but it should be removed from BotB for the Mew Indicator Line's flaws.

What flaws? Well first of all, the Mew Indicator Line (MIL) does a poor job at measuring forward growth. If you think about it, drawing a line from the incisors to the nose tip measures the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper maxilla—though inaccurately because nose size affects the measurement.

A short MIL indicates a more projected lower maxilla compared to the upper, and a long MIL indicates the opposite. Because of the relative nature of the MIL, a more recessed upper maxilla actually causes a shorter and more ideal MIL, which doesn't make sense (Figure 12).

View attachment 1033415

Figure 12: The more recessed a person's upper maxilla, the better the Mew Indicator Line.

As previously mentioned, MIL is affected by nose size, and this makes it an utterly dog shit method of measuring the degree of maxillary projection. If it weren't affected by nose size, it'd serve as a useful tool for measuring the upper/lower projection balance: the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper. But it's useless for measuring that too since it's affected by nose size. Methods such as the maxillary triangle (Figure 13) are superior.

View attachment 1033502

Figure 13: The Maxillary Triangle: a better method of measuring maxillary projection than the Mew Indicator Line.

What's the key takeaway?

Upper maxillary projection is pretty much nasal aperture projection. And nasal aperture projection is the most important thing for getting that "forward-grown look." Flawed methods like the Mew Indicator Line are bad for measuring upper maxillary projection.

Fuck I appreciate you so much bro. 😍 can you send me all your high IQ threads I find it difficult to distinguish and find HIGH IQ threads

• Love it
@thecel who can do the upper maxilla is essentially the Le Fort 2 area minus the Le Fort 1 area.? I heard getting any Lefort surgery is impossible if you’re not subhuman / deformed. How can I get it if I’m not subhuman but would look even better with it?

• Hmm...
Fuck I appreciate you so much bro. 😍 can you send me all your high IQ threads I find it difficult to distinguish and find HIGH IQ threads
shut the fuck up, subhuman

• WTF
Ironic coming from you (subhuman). You’re literal genetic trash🥱
I guaranteed mog you, you fucking incel cuck.

don't you dare for a second get hope or dopamine from this post thinking "I have a recessed upper maxilla!! and there's a fix!! it means I have potential!!"

no, youre subhuman filth. waste. excrement. youre going to look like uncanny trash.

you will never get girls. focus on a job, books, sports.

kill yourself :)

• JFL
Robert Pattinson proves that as long as you don't have midface hypoplasia, upper maxilla projection doesn't take away from aesthetics

• Hmm...

Figure 1: The 3 Le Fort fractures. The upper maxilla is Le Fort 2 minus Le Fort 1.

The upper maxilla includes the inner infraorbital rims, the nasal ridge, the canine fossa area (Figure 2), and most importantly, the nasal aperture.

View attachment 1033442

This post doesn't go into detail about the canine fossa; just know that it's an important part of the upper maxilla.

Upper maxillary projection is characterized by the area from the front of the cheekbone to the back of the nose being a smooth transition when viewed from the side, as seen in Figure 3.

Figure 3: Almost-side-profile view of a White man with upper maxillary projection

The man in Figure 3 has a seamless "blend" between the zygoma and the back of the nose. Contrast that with this other man who has a clearly defined border in the same spot:

View attachment 1033448

The difference is due to the slope of the bone around the nasal aperture. With a forward upper maxilla, the bone on the left and right taper forward and inward toward the nose. With a flat upper maxilla, the bone on both sides of the upper maxilla are parallel.

View attachment 1033403

Projected upper maxillas as typically seen in Caucasoids, whereas a flat upper maxilla is a Mongoloid trait.

Another way to look at this is in terms of the position of the nasal aperture, the hole in the skull you breathe through.

Figure 7: The recessed nasal aperture of a Mongoloid and the projected nasal aperture of a Caucasoid

Here's an East Asian woman who got a nose job as well as some procedure that moved her nasal aperture forward and made the surrounding tissue more slanted forwards toward the center:

Figure 8: Before and after of an East Asian woman who got a more projected nasal aperture, making the surrounding contour slanted forward toward the middle like Caucasians

As you can see, she used to have a clearly defined border between the front of her zygos and the back of her nose, and after surgery it turned into a smooth blended transition, which is ideal.

View attachment 1033412

Giving him a forward-protruding Caucasoid nose doesn't result in a good look (Figure 10).

View attachment 1033413

His nasal aperture and the bone around it needs to get pulled forward, like this:

View attachment 1033479

I deliberately kept his nose flat in order to show how a projected upper maxilla with a flat nose mogs a recessed upper maxilla with a projecting nose.

@loox made a very high-IQ post last year about the faults of the Mew Indicator Line:

https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-measure-a-recessed-maxilla.122146/post-2598129

Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten many views because it's the 60th reply to a thread that claims the Mew Indicator Line is a "great tool." At the time of writing, that thread is in the "Best of the Best" subforum. I think it has merit, but it should be removed from BotB for the Mew Indicator Line's flaws.

What flaws? Well first of all, the Mew Indicator Line (MIL) does a poor job at measuring forward growth. If you think about it, drawing a line from the incisors to the nose tip measures the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper maxilla—though inaccurately because nose size affects the measurement.

A short MIL indicates a more projected lower maxilla compared to the upper, and a long MIL indicates the opposite. Because of the relative nature of the MIL, a more recessed upper maxilla actually causes a shorter and more ideal MIL, which doesn't make sense (Figure 12).

View attachment 1033415

Figure 12: The more recessed a person's upper maxilla, the better the Mew Indicator Line.

As previously mentioned, MIL is affected by nose size, and this makes it an utterly dog shit method of measuring the degree of maxillary projection. If it weren't affected by nose size, it'd serve as a useful tool for measuring the upper/lower projection balance: the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper. But it's useless for measuring that too since it's affected by nose size. Methods such as the maxillary triangle (Figure 13) are superior.

View attachment 1033502

Figure 13: The Maxillary Triangle: a better method of measuring maxillary projection than the Mew Indicator Line.

What's the key takeaway?

Upper maxillary projection is pretty much nasal aperture projection. And nasal aperture projection is the most important thing for getting that "forward-grown look." Flawed methods like the Mew Indicator Line are bad for measuring upper maxillary projection.
ok so what should i do

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: shahid khan and thecel
Water.

• JFL
View attachment 1033617

Not always...if the lower maxilla and mandible doesn't catch up then it creates a convex profile which isn't good either
I actually came here to post exactly this, haha. If I am understanding this right, I have a prominent maxilla which is theoretically a good thing but I also have a large nose with a hump on it, so the maxilla area actually acts as a "platform" which makes my nose even more prominent.

I wanted to point out that it is not necessarily a good thing as it can look like someone has pinched your nose and stretched it forwards and the rest of your face has followed slightly😆

• +1
1. anchored nasal bridge pulling with a facepuller (you need to be buddy with a maxillofacial doc/surgeon to install the bone anchors like those in the palate) to essentially pull your upper maxilla and increase your airway space as well

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337.jpg

This should be a real thing.
Global elite doesn't want you to airwaymaxx.

• +1
IMG 20230803 102944

• JFL
Reactions: It'snotover and thecel
Recessed upper + lower maxilla and projected nose = death. It's over for me. Not familiar with mew indicator line but I'll check it out.
I'd like to see variations of lower maxilla recessed + upper max normal + projected nose and vice versa. I think it's uncommon for guys to have both recessed upper and lower maxilla unless they're east asian.

Last edited:
  • +1
can u have good projection yet shitty undereyes and nasolabial fold?

• +1
This is exactly what I fucking need to look human and can't believe someone spoke on it. Lefort 2 minus lefort 1 will ascend me to human

Daily Reminder:

vs

• +1
Reactions: joseph
Daily Reminder:

vs

you should get paid for your anti asian maxilla shilling (truth) and its crazy how much tongue strength is needed for me to just maintain a few mm's of projection.

• Woah

but that’s forward grown right ? at least not recessed ? cuz i have all the sign of recession (scleral show, 404 undereyes and horrible nasolabial fold) and yet it doesn’t look like the picture of recessed person you’ve posted

• +1
Suifuel mine is shit despite being white, kind of like the East-Asian woman in the after picture but my zygos are more forward so the transistion is slightly worse, my nose also looks similar. How do you fix this? Bimax + Implants?
Ur not white ur turanid

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger and thecel
Seriously good thread.

• +1
@mrriceguy

Proof that there should be mandatory monobloc for every asian

• JFL
@thecel who can do the upper maxilla is essentially the Le Fort 2 area minus the Le Fort 1 area.? I heard getting any Lefort surgery is impossible if you’re not subhuman / deformed. How can I get it if I’m not subhuman but would look even better with it?

paranasal implants work too

4CE2FDC9 7557 4DC7 AB0D CE833C1053B9

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003

View attachment 1033442

View attachment 1033448

View attachment 1033403

View attachment 1033412

View attachment 1033413

View attachment 1033479

View attachment 1033415

View attachment 1033502

What's the key takeaway?

View attachment 1033442

View attachment 1033448

View attachment 1033403

View attachment 1033412

View attachment 1033413

View attachment 1033479

View attachment 1033415

View attachment 1033502

What's the key takeaway?

"figure 9: a recessed subhuman" LMAOOO

what is the most effective way to optimize maxilla?

• JFL
Reactions: Lookologist003
Albeacho, the fun police.

Is lefort 1 enough to advance a recessed maxilla? I have a planned lefort 1 advancement (most likely) sometime in 2027-2028 to correct an underbite, ive made a thread about it if someone can go look at it or js answer me here

View attachment 1033442

View attachment 1033448

View attachment 1033403

View attachment 1033412

View attachment 1033413

View attachment 1033479

View attachment 1033415

View attachment 1033502

What's the key takeaway?

Congrats on the great post

• Love it
maxilla < jaw

• Ugh..