Social skills pro tip: people always respond more positively when you have a sense of humor

CarlSagan96

CarlSagan96

In a better place
Even if your jokes aren't very funny, people will still respond better to that than if you act more seriously. I only discovered this recently, so it will take me a while to change my attitude when talking to people. I have a problem of being too serious a lot of the time instead of making jokes even in situations where they would be appropriate. What I've come to realize is that more jokes = better though. People love other people who are funny.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: chadpreetcel123, 6'4 looksmaxxxer, Deleted member 1707 and 2 others
Water is wetter than ever before

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV, 7 rings, Raymon97 and 5 others
No humor for face

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
not dark humor tho

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 685, Kosidius and 3 others
ChandlerMaxx

• JFL
Reactions: KrissKross and Deleted member 470
Water is wetter than ever before
The key point I was trying to make here is that it's always better to try to be funny even if you aren't. Just don't make jokes about inappropriate stuff and even if they suck people will probably like you more

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: elfmaxx, LordNorwood and Deleted member 1560
I think this is because the social efficacy of humor isn't necessarily about entertaining others, its just about keeping things light which allows people around you to feel comfortable. People who think its about entertaining others will become those dancing monkey clown types that no one takes seriously because they have to constantly crack these tryhard jokes.
Even purposely making shit jokes is kinda hilarious and effective at lightening people up.

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans, PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 1751 and 4 others
Cope no joked for your face

Even if your jokes aren't very funny, people will still respond better to that than if you act more seriously. I only discovered this recently, so it will take me a while to change my attitude when talking to people. I have a problem of being too serious a lot of the time instead of making jokes even in situations where they would be appropriate. What I've come to realize is that more jokes = better though. People love other people who are funny.
jokes me

My mom does this thing where she smiles a lot when she is nervous or doesn't know what to do. Ppl respond well to this. Unfortunately as a male I cannot abuse this coping mechanism as I don't have a vagina and it doesn't quite work the same way.

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans, Deleted member 1751 and EckhartTollemaxx
I just imagine some short indian dude trying to be the funny one cracking annoying jokes all the time and people hate him because they feel socially obliged to laugh at them even though hes subhuman.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Deleted member 1751
FACE

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3
KSuaLax.jpg

people always respond more positively when you have a sense of humor
Yes. People like to hang with such type of persons more. So one will meet more people, that way and likely have a better social life.
Meeting more people, better social life. Can translate into more sexual interest, IF you're good looking enough. Otherwise it will just be alot of "getting friendzoned"-stuff

My mom does this thing where she smiles a lot when she is nervous or doesn't know what to do. Ppl respond well to this. Unfortunately as a male I cannot abuse this coping mechanism as I don't have a vagina and it doesn't quite work the same way.
It works for women yes. Men are supposed to keep composed under pressure and lead the way socially.
Equality is complete bullshit in all ways, men and women are totally inequal in every way.

Most men aren't even supposed to make it and the ones who do really make it with exponentially improved sexual and social success compared to the average male.

Women are brutal selectors of men and men are slaves of their sex drives, constantly lusting for sex and with low inhib constantly seeking it.
Many men blow their chances with women by wanting sex too soon compared to the woman.

For chad, it's different, you can't even compare top tier male sexuality to the average man.

I'd say there's 3 types of levels for men, slayers who pretty much get what they want how they want, normies who have to grind dates and LTR for sex, and uggo incels who have to use everything possible to get any kind of sex.

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3
Just make a retarded face,bro

It's very tough for most guys here to have a light conversation with otherd due to anxiety/ Narcissism/ social isolation etc. Yes I'm speaking for myself and maybe most are like that too

It's very tough for most guys here to have a light conversation with otherd due to anxiety/ Narcissism/ social isolation etc. Yes I'm speaking for myself and maybe most are like that too

Keep coping
I can talk with everyone of my age like good old friend . Jfl at pp who doesnt unlocked this skill

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
IT DEPENDS ON FACE