2 1/2 years of mewing and correct swallowing (17 to 19 in photos)

E

EliS111

Iron
I discovered mewing around August 2020 and stuck with it until around October 2021. I stopped because I thought my uneven mewing was causing asymmetry in my face and palate. A year went by, and I realized that it wasn't necessarily my uneven mewing causing the growing asymmetry, but mostly my uneven swallowing. At this point, I tried everything to strengthen the left side of my tongue, but nothing worked since the back portion of the tongue responsible for swallowing works subconsciously. I believe the solution is to go to a postural restoration therapist, as my whole body is working asymmetrically, but they are expensive and hard to come by. Now, I'm just watching as the left side of my face slowly recedes downward. ๐Ÿ˜ญ At least my palate got wider.
(First photo was march 2021 and 2nd was October 2023)

Attachments

• 54DA27DF-656A-459E-9E62-0427C8571EEA.jpeg
    54DA27DF-656A-459E-9E62-0427C8571EEA.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 0
  • FC2E9AB4-F467-44C9-9039-CE8684C0067F.jpeg
    FC2E9AB4-F467-44C9-9039-CE8684C0067F.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: sayi, buflek, ๐”ป๐”ธ๐•Žโ„• ๐•†๐”ฝ ๐•‚โ„๐”ธL and 4 others
Dnrd

• +1
Reactions: EliS111
I discovered mewing around August 2020 and stuck with it until around October 2021. I stopped because I thought my uneven mewing was causing asymmetry in my face and palate. A year went by, and I realized that it wasn't necessarily my uneven mewing causing the growing asymmetry, but mostly my uneven swallowing. At this point, I tried everything to strengthen the left side of my tongue, but nothing worked since the back portion of the tongue responsible for swallowing works subconsciously. I believe the solution is to go to a postural restoration therapist, as my whole body is working asymmetrically, but they are expensive and hard to come by. Now, I'm just watching as the left side of my face slowly recedes downward. ๐Ÿ˜ญ At least my palate got wider.
nah wtf no way, never considered this

• +1
Reactions: EliS111
impressive, nothing changed

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and aestheticsrespecter
2 1/2 years of different angle

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter

Attachments

• IMG_7721.MOV
    3.8 MB
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing and ๐”ป๐”ธ๐•Žโ„• ๐•†๐”ฝ ๐•‚โ„๐”ธL
how can you prevent uneven swallowing and mewing. Have you applied any tips or suggestions to try to fix your condition?

how can you prevent uneven swallowing and mewing. Have you applied any tips or suggestions to try to fix your condition?
Right now Iโ€™m doing a lot of myofunctional therapy and neck stretches which is helping but, again, if you have asymmetry throughout the rest of the body like I do doing these things wonโ€™t fix the subconscious swallowing pattern. Try โ€œbest face forwardsโ€ neck stretching routine along with a variety of different myofunctional therapy exercises first and if it doesnโ€™t work look into PRI (postural restoration therapy). Neal Hallinan has a lot of great videos on the subject.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing and ๐”ป๐”ธ๐•Žโ„• ๐•†๐”ฝ ๐•‚โ„๐”ธL
woah you finally started brushing your teeth OP, mirin

• +1
I feel like this shows the change pretty well. It
expands much more on the right side.
Autism. Different angle, you just brushed your teeth.

• +1
Aspergers syndrome

IMG 7865