3D CT SCAN HELL

Vesper

Vesper

Iron
Apparently in the United states of America it's a fucking crime to want to get a FULL face 3D CT or CBCT. I have contacted over 30+ Orthos and Imaging centers with and without referral and they all give the same retarded response such as "That's to much radiation for something that could be cosmetic," or you "HAVE to be pursuing NON Cosmetic treatment with US to justify that type of scan." I tell them I will pay out of pocket if insurance wont cover it to.

And that's just the first hurdle, I can't even imagine how hard it will be to convince them to send ME a copy in DICOM format assuming the scan isen't total dogshit to begin with. Nobody ever tells you that getting a scan is one of the hardest parts to this shit. My new plan is to get IRL consult with average bluepilled maxillofacial surgeon that I obvsly won't actually be pursuing treatment with and hope to god he gives me scan while im there, and that has a plethora of problems to it aswell that I wont sperg about here.

Hardmaxxed US bros how the fuck did you get your scans done??

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Xangsane, Mrinfinityx and 3 others
Mhm, after all it seems my Jewish friends are doing their work.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bradpittshairline, Deleted member 24444, truthpilled and 3 others
I think i got one of those for my deviated septum, saw all my bones and shit. Wonder if I could get it from my doc even tho I never got the surgery to fix my septum...

maybe go lie about deviated septum and ask for the files after the scan

i think DICOM is the standard file type. and i think if you pay for the scan they have to give it to you by law, like it's yours, you own it. that's what Dr. Safi told me.

but, yeah, getting a scan is a bitch.

Apparently in the United states of America it's a fucking crime to want to get a FULL face 3D CT or CBCT. I have contacted over 30+ Orthos and Imaging centers with and without referral and they all give the same retarded response such as "That's to much radiation for something that could be cosmetic," or you "HAVE to be pursuing NON Cosmetic treatment with US to justify that type of scan." I tell them I will pay out of pocket if insurance wont cover it to.

And that's just the first hurdle, I can't even imagine how hard it will be to convince them to send ME a copy in DICOM format assuming the scan isen't total dogshit to begin with. Nobody ever tells you that getting a scan is one of the hardest parts to this shit. My new plan is to get IRL consult with average bluepilled maxillofacial surgeon that I obvsly won't actually be pursuing treatment with and hope to god he gives me scan while im there, and that has a plethora of problems to it aswell that I wont sperg about here.

hopefully it's easier in the uk but i highly doubt that

This has to be a joke, MRI is the bread and butter in today hospitals analysis, ofc u dont do this every month, the dose makes the poison

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince and Shekel
Idk dude I was able to find multiple scanning centers that would simply do it with a surgeon referral

everyone gets a 3d scan for jaw surgery... aka you have to just consult with a jaw surgeon up until they give u one (just like u said u r about to do)

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds
everyone gets a 3d scan for jaw surgery... aka you have to just consult with a jaw surgeon up until they give u one (just like u said u r about to do)
But why not just see a good jaw surgeon i dont get it

I agree op, there are so many kafkaesque barriers to accomplish something so simple here.

What does your referral say? is this for bimax or implants? Depending on how complicated a procedure you are doing keep in mind ortho cbcts may not be enough anyway and you need a plain 3d CT scan from an imaging center

If you are getting it at an imaging center, do not mention you are having it for cosmetic reasons. Try to say as little as possible. If they really insist on a reason, say it's sleep apnea (if its for djs). When I sent the referral to the imaging center they didn't ask any further questions. It's none of their business anyway. When I was already in the room and the scan was done the tech was curious and asked what it was for, and I said sleep apnea (which is indeed true even if my motivations are originally cosmetic). But I never had to prove I had a sleep apnea diagnosis.

When I got dental impressions taken at a dentist, they also didn't ask after I sent the referral. She did ask me as she was doing the scan. "What's this surgery for? an acccident?" I said no, just sleep apnea. so I guess one who is getting some kind of facial implant could say "reconstructive surgery after an accident" even if you don't look visibly fucked up lol

I originally got a CBCT scan by contacting orthos (most offer free initial consultations) and saying "I am interested in having an initial consult to find an orthodontist to help plan with my jaw surgeon to resolve sleep apnea. however my surgeon (in italy) is also requesting also like an initial 3d scan of my face, would it be possible for you to send me the scan you take." They usually had to "check with the doctor," some said no we can't send you the scan, some said yes but you will have to pay for the scan, and some said yes that's fine and its all still free. With Orthos You want to make them feel like you are seriously wanting to become a permanent patient of theirs.

You could probably just not mention anything at all, just say "i want a better smile teehee," most of these places do scans anyway as part of their initial consultation, and I think as longjohnmog said you could probably just get your scan afterward as they are requried by law to give it to you. The amount of radiation in cbcts is so comically low anyway.

The plastic surgery taboo runs so deep, and inspires immense insecurity in the overweight early 30s LTB-HTBs with overdone salon hair who style themselves as personable people pleasers staffing the offices of orthodontists and private imaging firms across the country. I think they derive some kind of cruel pleasure from denying other people taking such radical measures to improve their appearance as a means of coping with their own insecurity, and so cockblock at every opportunity. They relish in this power as a ruthless dictator might.

• +1
Reactions: Vesper
I will never not have an axe to grind with the fucking women that are at the front desks of orthodontist offices. Such a particular personality type. They are the spawn of the devil lol

• +1
Reactions: saiya_online, zura and FutureSlayer
Got one by gaslighting my doctor that I had a "deviated septum" (turns out I actually did jfl).

• JFL
Reactions: Fgsfds, zura and Sny
I will never not have an axe to grind with the fucking women that are at the front desks of orthodontist offices. Such a particular personality type. They are the spawn of the devil lol
true asf

What does your referral say? is this for bimax or implants? Depending on how complicated a procedure you are doing keep in mind ortho cbcts may not be enough anyway and you need a plain 3d CT scan from an imaging center

If you are getting it at an imaging center, do not mention you are having it for cosmetic reasons. Try to say as little as possible. If they really insist on a reason, say it's sleep apnea (if its for djs). When I sent the referral to the imaging center they didn't ask any further questions. It's none of their business anyway. When I was already in the room and the scan was done the tech was curious and asked what it was for, and I said sleep apnea (which is indeed true even if my motivations are originally cosmetic). But I never had to prove I had a sleep apnea diagnosis.
I am trying to get a full cbct scan like this for Infras, Supras, Malars, and Jaw angles and maybe genio (no bimax). I can't get around the cosmetic bit because they all are wondering why I need anything on the scan above my jaw. Also isen't high quality cbct like pictured just fine if your doing only implants?

Attachments

• CBCT.PNG
    CBCT.PNG
    327.1 KB · Views: 0
I am trying to get a full cbct scan like this for Infras, Supras, Malars, and Jaw angles and maybe genio (no bimax). I can't get around the cosmetic bit because they all are wondering why I need anything on the scan above my jaw. Also isen't high quality cbct like pictured just fine if your doing only implants?
It might be, my surgeon told me the cbct I got was not high resolution enough to work from (for trimax+infrazygo implants) and that I needed a 3d ct scan. It might depend on the parameters the tech at the particular ortho uses whether it will be acceptable for surgical planning purposes or not. But I've heard some people say their referrals explcitly say "NOT CBCT," so I'm under the impression it is safer to go the CT route even if you get, idk what it is, 3-10x the amount of radiation which is already such a negligible amount.

Does it explicitly say in your referral it is for cosmetic reasons? what exactly does your referral say about what parts of the face to capture?

I have an actual problem with my lumbar spine and they refuse x-ray because muh radiation.

Look for airway orthodontists. I reached out with a half-assed email and they straight away offered me a free CBCT scan.

• +1
Reactions: Vesper
Look for airway orthodontists. I reached out with a half-assed email and they straight away offered me a free CBCT scan.
Ty that looks super promising. Were they willing to scan above your jaw like this aswell?
CBCT2

is it just me who's kinda worried about the risks of getting ct scans? 1/2000 chance of literally developing fatal brain cancer

is there any alternative?

• Woah
is it just me who's kinda worried about the risks of getting ct scans? 1/2000 chance of literally developing fatal brain cancer

is there any alternative?
For custom implant design and 99% of bimax cases you have to. But Cone Beam CT is much safer then a regular 3D CT Scan and as long as its high quality it will suffice for custom implants but idk about bimax.

For custom implant design and 99% of bimax cases you have to. But Cone Beam CT is much safer then a regular 3D CT Scan and as long as its high quality it will suffice for custom implants but idk about bimax.
i need both implants and bimax lol. fuck i hope a CBCT scan would suffice man 1/2000 is a bit too high

@SurgeryEnjoyer do only CT scans work for bimax?

i need both implants and bimax lol. fuck i hope a CBCT scan would suffice man 1/2000 is a bit too high

Ct scans are preferred for bimax

• Woah
Ct scans are preferred for bimax
do you know about how much risk is decreased with CBCT scans compared to CT? i dont wanna sound like a high inhib pussy but i dont want brain cancer lol

you got a CT right?

do you know about how much risk is decreased with CBCT scans compared to CT? i dont wanna sound like a high inhib pussy but i dont want brain cancer lol

you got a CT right?
No fucking idea but i got 4 ct scans and felt nothing, completely safe.

• JFL
why the fuck did you need 4 ct scans :lul:

and yeah obviously you didn't feel anything but theres a 1/500 chance you'll develop fatal brain cancer so who knows what could be happening inside your brain rn

• +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer
why the fuck did you need 4 ct scans :lul:

and yeah obviously you didn't feel anything but theres a 1/500 chance you'll develop fatal brain cancer so who knows what could be happening inside your brain rn
Remember what i told you in pms about the whole masseters thing ? That’s why. And yeah but my brain is so fried and low iq whatever the radiations caused can only be an improvement

• JFL
Reactions: Fgsfds and Deleted member 29167
Remember what i told you in pms about the whole masseters thing ? That’s why. And yeah but my brain is so fried and low iq whatever the radiations caused can only be an improvement
so you only got one CT before the surgery?

Apparently the same problem exist in other places in the world as well.
There should be some way around this, like booking a plastic surgery consultation and getting the full head 3d ct request for a rhinoplasty or genioplasty plan as an excuse, but I still can't figure that out.
I also want to get my 3d ct taken as I want to interpret my own ct myself
Btw, if you can get a regular full head CT, you can turn it onto a 3D ct by yourself, at home, the problem is getting a full head CT...

Cone beam CT won't be enough right? I think you need a face CT scan which exposes you to more radiation to get a view of your infras and supras as well.

It's easy just book a consult with a max-fac and ask for a referral I did it in no time... You will have to pay though.

I don't know if the 1 in 2000 is for face CT scan. Face CT scan exposes you to the lowest MSV dose compared to abdomen, spine, heart, or full body CT.

The studies done are also confusing as they might have been based off older machines, older techniques, mixed cohorts (children and women have it worse)

It's probably more 1 in 4500 for face CT per the below link. (4000 excess cancers per 18.7 million face CT scans)

The odds of you not getting cancer eventually in your life from a face CT scan is therefore 99.98%

Last edited:
  • Woah
Do you need to get scans post op as well? I just did one CT scan and I don't really want to do any more. If I get something done will they request a CT scan afterwards to check the results or healing?

I agree op, there are so many kafkaesque barriers to accomplish something so simple here.

When I got dental impressions taken at a dentist, they also didn't ask after I sent the referral. She did ask me as she was doing the scan. "What's this surgery for? an acccident?" I said no, just sleep apnea. so I guess one who is getting some kind of facial implant could say "reconstructive surgery after an accident" even if you don't look visibly fucked up lol

I originally got a CBCT scan by contacting orthos (most offer free initial consultations) and saying "I am interested in having an initial consult to find an orthodontist to help plan with my jaw surgeon to resolve sleep apnea. however my surgeon (in italy) is also requesting also like an initial 3d scan of my face, would it be possible for you to send me the scan you take." They usually had to "check with the doctor," some said no we can't send you the scan, some said yes but you will have to pay for the scan, and some said yes that's fine and its all still free. With Orthos You want to make them feel like you are seriously wanting to become a permanent patient of theirs.

You could probably just not mention anything at all, just say "i want a better smile teehee," most of these places do scans anyway as part of their initial consultation, and I think as longjohnmog said you could probably just get your scan afterward as they are requried by law to give it to you. The amount of radiation in cbcts is so comically low anyway.

The plastic surgery taboo runs so deep, and inspires immense insecurity in the overweight early 30s LTB-HTBs with overdone salon hair who style themselves as personable people pleasers staffing the offices of orthodontists and private imaging firms across the country. I think they derive some kind of cruel pleasure from denying other people taking such radical measures to improve their appearance as a means of coping with their own insecurity, and so cockblock at every opportunity. They relish in this power as a ruthless dictator might.
They probably gatekeep it because it does actually expose you to some radiation which might be seen as an unnecessary risk for non medical use cases.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
All about confidence and assertiveness. Went to a French CT Scan center with my Pagnoni prescription: they didn't question anything and told me to sit and wait, my insurance even covered it.

If you have a prescription these motherfuckers have no right to vet you.

• +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer
They probably gatekeep it because it does actually expose you to some radiation which might be seen as an unnecessary risk for non medical use cases.
I think the orthos would care. The assistants don’t give me the air they do.

Take vacation to different country (SEA, mexico, etc).
I got my scan for $150 in same day at private hospital, they have me CD with files.

Take vacation to different country (SEA, mexico, etc).
I got my scan for $150 in same day at private hospital, they have me CD with files.
lmao i got my scan for 20 dollars

I got mine but retrieving the fucking scans are a hassle. They gave me two burned CDs that I can’t get access to and won’t give me the actual ones.

Also yes you lie about what u want. I went to an orthodontist “wanting” and mse which then they referred me to an omfs who did the scans

Lmaooo I did it for sleep apnea too but got tested for it thru another hospital which said I don’t have it. So I never mentioned why I was getting surgery. Just for breathing 😂😂😂

Idk dude I was able to find multiple scanning centers that would simply do it with a surgeon referral
Did they give u a CD? How did u view your scan on your own