A NLRP-3 Inhibitor Might Be The New Treatment For Acne

AySab

AySab

Bronze
The nucleotide oligomerization domain (NOD)-like receptor family pyrin containing 3 (NLRP3) inflammasome has been shown to contribute to the pathogenesis of Acne.

As we know, the inflammatory process for acne is really complex, but I came across this study which goes over the effects of NLRP3 and acne.

The study states that NLRP3 is closely related to the pathogenesis of acne, something I found interesting is that it states that there is a close relationship between the genetic coding rs10754558 C/G polymorphism of the NLRP3 gene and acne. Basically meaning that acne and NLRP3 are closely related.

NLRP3 (if you didn’t know) is a multi-protein complex which has been encoded. It regulates the innate immune system and inflammatory signaling.

Basically the study goes over how NLRP3 inflammasome inhibitors might be able to cure acne.
Now the study says that it still isn’t conclusive.
But thats where we come in and experiment on ourselves!

I found that MCC950 treatment inhibits the activation of NLRP3.
So anyone willing to experiment on themselves and finding out?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9263782/#sec-a.j.dtitle

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and cyprian_tomaszewski
The nucleotide oligomerization domain (NOD)-like receptor family pyrin containing 3 (NLRP3) inflammasome has been shown to contribute to the pathogenesis of Acne.

As we know, the inflammatory process for acne is really complex, but I came across this study which goes over the effects of NLRP3 and acne.

The study states that NLRP3 is closely related to the pathogenesis of acne, something I found interesting is that it states that there is a close relationship between genetic coding of rs10754558 C/G polymorphism of the NLRP3 gene and acne. Basically meaning that acne and NLRP3 are closely related.

NLRP3 (if you didn’t know) is a multi-protein complex which has been encoded which regulates the innate immune system and inflammatory signaling.

Basically the study goes over how NLRP3 inflammasome inhibitors might be able to cure acne.

Where the fuck do you find these treatments lol

I'll read it once i get home and possibly try it if i can find a source

What is the dose of anti histamines for acne btw? Compared to a regular dose that people take

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and AySab

What is the dose of anti histamines for acne btw? Compared to a regular dose that people take
yeah, give it a read and possibly try the treatment and see how it goes.
Anti-histamine should be administered as the instructions say.
Coristol levels are also highly cross linked with acne, meaning you want to reduce those. (Stress in general is).

21-hydroxylase deficiency is also related to acne.
in the study im reading, apparently oral isotretinoin didnt work for a patient so they did hormone checkups and found that he had a 21-hydroxylase deficiency which led isotretinoin being ineffective, guess how they cured it? they slapped him with another dosage of isotretinoin lmfao.
But, the isotretinoin effectiveness was still hindered by the 21-hydroxylase deficiency.

Metformin might be repurposed for treating acne, the study was conducted this year so it’s relatively new.
Metformin is a medication to manage type-2 diabetes. :unsure:

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski

The study states that NLRP3 is closely related to the pathogenesis of acne, something I found interesting is that it states that there is a close relationship between the genetic coding rs10754558 C/G polymorphism of the NLRP3 gene and acne. Basically meaning that acne and NLRP3 are closely related.

NLRP3 (if you didn’t know) is a multi-protein complex which has been encoded. It regulates the innate immune system and inflammatory signaling.

just take accutane if your acne’s that fucked that you’d take a nuclear drug like this shit :lul:

• Hmm...
Reactions: AySab
just take accutane if your acne’s that fucked that you’d take a nuclear drug like this shit :lul:
isotretinoin can be ineffective to some people due to many different reasons why.
one of them being 21-hydroxylase deficiency.
this is just a alternative treatment and is still being tested, who knows? we might have something stronger but safer than isotretinoin.

Metformin might be repurposed for treating acne, the study was conducted this year so it’s relatively new.
Metformin is a medication to manage type-2 diabetes. :unsure:
Metformin downregulates the igf-1/insulin pathways and i don't want to play with that under 21/20. Isotret already does that enough so i don't see use for it

GHK-CU is also very good for skin, wound healing and possibly scarring but it reduces igf-1 so i won't use it yet

• +1
Reactions: AySab
Metformin downregulates the igf-1/insulin pathways and i don't want to play with that under 21/20. Isotret already does that enough so i don't see use for it

GHK-CU is also very good for skin, wound healing and possibly scarring but it reduces igf-1 so i won't use it yet
correct, hopefully they repurpose it.
didn’t know GHK-CU does that, but yeah, it has really good benefits on collagen which can promote wound healing, good to include when considering invasive procedures for scar treatment.

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski