A possible solution to seborrheic dermatitis?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Oral isotretinoin appears to be a very effective treatment for seborrheic dermatitis, but it has too many side effects to be used long-term. Meanwhile, introducing liver into my diet has improved itching, scaling and irritation on my scalp and above my upper lip dramatically. Carrot juice works too, but my skin and scalp became extremely dry and I lost a ton of hair thickness. That could be related to low testosterone tho, since I had quit using AAS at the time in 2016. High-dose vitamin A supplementation with retinyl palmitate didn't help much ime. So far, only liver and carrot juice have helped and I'm gonna try cod liver oil next because I still don't enjoy the taste of liver much...

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: basedblackpiller, Deleted member 6128, bradpittshairline and 3 others
Its just low vitamin A. Your retinyl palmitate was probably peroxidised or you didnt take it with enough fat or vitamin E

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: normie_joe and Bewusst
Its just low vitamin A. Your retinyl palmitate was probably peroxidised or you didnt take it with enough fat or vitamin E
You might be onto something. Too little fat, too much vitamin D and also too much sugar

• Hmm...
Reactions: normie_joe
You might be onto something. Too little fat, too much vitamin D and also too much sugar
sugar is a good anti histamine. but if you take too much it increases metabolism to such a rate that you deplete your micronutrients. vitamin D competes with A so its not good to take them together

i had it around my nose, lotrimen worked like a charm for me

I know the solution, but you did not tag me so don"t expect me to give you attention

• JFL
Reactions: bradpittshairline and Bewusst
sugar is a good anti histamine. but if you take too much it increases metabolism to such a rate that you deplete your micronutrients. vitamin D competes with A so its not good to take them together
Excess sugar increases sebaceous gland activity by lowering SHBG. Seb derm has very little to do with histamine.

You're right about vitamin D tho. But still, even 25,000 IU daily of vitamin A didn't do much in terms of supplementation. Liver seems to be more effective

Excess sugar increases sebaceous gland activity by lowering SHBG. Seb derm has very little to do with histamine.

You're right about vitamin D tho. But still, even 25,000 IU daily of vitamin A didn't do much in terms of supplementation. Liver seems to be more effective
Sugar increases free testosterone and 5 AR activty. Prolactin is what causes acne , not androgens. I never said seb derm has anything to do with histamine although there is probably a small contribution as histamine is involved in stress inducing processes. Liver has tons of copper and B vitamins

mine is kinda okay when i use only one shampoo nothing helped nisoral and ketoconazole were the worst for my hair

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
started taking Vit A supplements and acne got better

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bradpittshairline, Bewusst and BrahminBoss
Sugar increases free testosterone and 5 AR activty. Prolactin is what causes acne , not androgens. I never said seb derm has anything to do with histamine although there is probably a small contribution as histamine is involved in stress inducing processes. Liver has tons of copper and B vitamins
Yes. It raises free T by lowering SHBG, as I I said. Which isn't a good thing when you're dealing with seb derm.

I've never had much of an issue with acne

didn’t know vit D blocked each other with vit A, i have acne but high T and i take vit D for bones mostly since i get no sunlight.

Do you think i should lay off D for a bit and focus on Overdosing A?

Yes. It raises free T by lowering SHBG, as I I said. Which isn't a good thing when you're dealing with seb derm.

I've never had much of an issue with acne
There are two pathways by which it increases androgenic activity, 5 ar upregulation and lowering shbg. The main causes of seb derm is low vitamin a, biotin, copper, and folic acid deficiency. Sugar is an inderect wedge if anything, the dams are the ones that must be addressed.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bradpittshairline and Bewusst
didn’t know vit D blocked each other with vit A, i have acne but high T and i take vit D for bones mostly since i get no sunlight.

vitamin D is more important than A almost always

vitamin D is more important than A almost always
yeah but is it for acne?

my skin has slight/mild acne,my skin is good compared to a normal acne fag but it’s not model perfect skin (or just the skin of somebody who isn’t prone to acne) like i want it

yeah but is it for acne?

my skin has slight/mild acne,my skin is good compared to a normal acne fag but it’s not model perfect skin (or just the skin of somebody who isn’t prone to acne) like i want it
use topical treatments for skin. vitamin a when thyroid isnt perfect does more harm than good, stick to liver once a week

• Love it
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
use topical treatments for skin. vitamin a when thyroid isnt perfect does more harm than good, stick to liver once a week
For liver you mean cod liver right? and how much should i take?

I already take Omega 3 if that helps

For liver you mean cod liver right? and how much should i take?

I already take Omega 3 if that helps
no omega 3 is poison. i mean beef liver as a meal.

• Woah
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer

Overdosing anything is rarely a good idea. Diet and sunlight are miles better than supplementation. Only use supplements if there's no other way for you to get what you need. The current supplement hype is just a marketing scam @DrTony

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and PseudoMaxxer
bruh...

Error

Forgot to add this:

Oral isotretinoin appears to be a very effective treatment for seborrheic dermatitis, but it has too many side effects to be used long-term. Meanwhile, introducing liver into my diet has improved itching, scaling and irritation on my scalp and above my upper lip dramatically. Carrot juice works too, but my skin and scalp became extremely dry and I lost a ton of hair thickness. That could be related to low testosterone tho, since I had quit using AAS at the time in 2016. High-dose vitamin A supplementation with retinyl palmitate didn't help much ime. So far, only liver and carrot juice have helped and I'm gonna try cod liver oil next because I still don't enjoy the taste of liver much...

Sebderm is an absolute nightmare of a disease, piece of shit won't go away.

I have to use nizoral weekly or otherwise my scalp itches like crazy + gives me severe dandruff. Downside is the shampoo makes my hair incredibly dry.

I have to use nizoral weekly or otherwise my scalp itches like crazy + gives me severe dandruff. Downside is the shampoo makes my hair incredibly dry.
Rub beef tallow into scalp after washing while it’s wet, leave it in. Coconut oil is good too if you’re a pussy. Helps with dry hair after nizoral, you stripped natural human oil so you need to replace it, tallow works best since it’s animal fat and closest to your natural oils.

• JFL
Reactions: normie_joe
Overdosing anything is rarely a good idea. Diet and sunlight are miles better than supplementation. Only use supplements if there's no other way for you to get what you need. The current supplement hype is just a marketing scam @DrTony
If I could make the entire supplement industry disappear, I would do it. Most unscrupulous industry ever, even for the supposedly “legit” supplements that “work”

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst

Topicals are just a band-aid solution. They don't address the underlying immunological and sebaceous gland dysfunction and don't penetrate the skin deeply enough. I've been using antifungal climbazole shampoo for years to control my seb derm to some degree, but extensive scalp and face massages and showers take too much time and effort to keep up permanently.

Don't you want some quality of life? Try liver, it's cheap and packed with nutrition. Just make sure it has good quality and doesn't stem from conventionally-fed animals that are given tons of drugs and antibiotics. Try liver sausage if you don't like the taste of liver. You won't even taste it and it's easy to make

• +1
Reactions: basedblackpiller
the "cure" is coming in january

More reason for me to do accutane

I’ve been drinking huge amounts of carrot juice for the last few weeks and seen no difference in my SD but I’ll try the liver

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst