A Simple Approach to Leanmaxing & Starvemaxing (Life starts at 10% bodyfat, Start Yours Now)

Vista

Vista

Bronze

A SIMPLE APPROACH TO WEIGHTLOSS (4 STEP METHOD)

1. GO TO HTTPS://WWW.CALCULATOR.NET/CALORIE-CALCULATOR.HTML AND INPUT YOUR DATA

The ‘maintain’ weight figure is an estimation of your caloric maintenance (how many calories it takes to sustain your body AKA BMR). You can also get a more accurate figure from a wearable device (Apple watch/ Garmin).

For example, a 25 year old male, 180cm, 80kgs and has a sedentary lifestyle will need 2,166cals to maintain body weight

1. IF YOU CARE ABOUT PRESERVING MUSCLE, USE THE MILD WEIGHT LOSS (90% TDEE), FOR STARVE MAXING DON’T EAT ANYTHING

Take this time to also find your caloric deficit, using the example from before, if a person needed 2,166cals to maintain body weight, but they also have muscle they wanted to preserve, they would need to eat 1,916cal/ day (90% TDEE).

2,166cal (maintenance) - 1916cal (how many calories they will be eating to lose weight) = 250cal caloric deficit

1. NEXT, USE CHRONOMETER HTTPS://CRONOMETER.COM/ TO TRACK YOUR CALORIES, MAKE SURE YOU REACH YOUR CALORIE GOAL EVERYDAY

1. ESTIMATE YOUR FAT LOSS AND PLAN HOW LONG YOU INTEND TO BE IN A DEFICIT FOR, NOTE THAT 1KG (2.2) OF FAT = 7700CAL, SO IF YOU DO THE CALCULATION:
([caloric deficit] x [days you have been dieting])/7700 = weight lost in kgs

(250cal x 30)/7700 = ~1kg of fat lost (while preserving muscle)

Here’s another example for someone who wanted to starve max for 10 days (not eat anything), their caloric maintenance is 2500cal/ day

(2500cal x 10)/7700 = 3.2kg of fat lost

GENERAL TIPS

Weight yourself in the morning for the most accurate measurements, preferably after you pee, if you have a “smart scale” that tells you your body fat percentage don’t listen to it (it ain't know shit).

If you feel hungry eat more fibre (vegetables), chew gum (not if you’re starving maxing), also drink plenty of water to feel full

Consider taking caffeine pills (this will increase how many calories your body burns)

ALCAR may also help preserve muscle during a cut

Use sweeteners/ 0cal drinks if you are leanmaxing and craving something sweet (don’t do this if you are starvemaxing).

The longer you are in a calorie deficit the lower your calorie maintenance gets, what this means is that if you weighed 85 kg and now weigh 80kg you need to recalculate your maintenance

Your metabolism will also slow down during a calorie deficit, meaning that the calorie calculator may be slightly higher (-200/300 calories).

Log your weight loss, take plenty of photos and measurements

LEANMAXING TIPS

Continue to train hard at the gym, time your meals strategically (eat a carb + protein rich meal 1-1.5hrs before a workout to avoid feeling as fatigued).

Consider taking creatine, as this may help maintain your performance in the gym (note: creatine may also cause water retention, which will increase your body mass).

Eat a diet high in protein (50% of calories), limit sugars + fats.

STARVEMAXING GUIDE + TIPS

I have a lot of experience starve maxing (a few years ago I went from 83kg to 59kg over Summer break), here is the method I used and some tips to help you.

• Start with some small fasts, I did two 3 day fasts at first, just to see how my body reacted. I noticed that day 2 & 3 were the hardest in terms of cravings, I then started getting stronger cravings after day 7 during my longer fasts.

• During a fast do not eat/ drink anything with calories, this includes many “0 calorie” foods (chewing gum and energy drinks like monster zero ultra), as they actually have calories in them but can legally be marketed as 0 calorie

• After you have done a few trial fasts you can now start doing longer fasts, I recommend 3-10 days maximum.
Try to keep fasts between 3-10 days because:
- It takes about 2 days for your body to go into deep ketosis (fat loss)
- After 10 days you increase your risk of electrolyte deficiencies, which can cause seizures, vomiting, tingling/numbness + a load of other shit

If you want to fast for longer than 10 days at a time I highly recommend you make Snake juice https://foodiewish.com/recipes/snake-juice-recipe/

• After a fast have a refeed day, start with liquid food (watermelon, cucumbers) and then after a few hours you can start eating normally, do not exceed your calorie maintenance and ensure you get good intake of electrolytes and micronutrients during this time to prepare yourself for the next round of fasting.

• Do not workout during fasts (gym, running, etc), instead go for long walks (this will help burn more calories and keep your mind away from food).

• When you start having food cravings here are some things I did that helped:
-Sleep
-Eat ice cubes
-Drink tea (some teas are sweetened, make sure it is 0cals; drinking tea may also technically break the fast, so if you care about your body being in ketosis don’t drink tea, otherwise its ok to have it throughout the entire fast)

STARVEMAXING TIPS

After a refeed you will notice your weight has increased, this is ok, it is just temporary weight (glycogen, food mass, etc)

If you choose to go for walks during your fast you can get a better estimation of how much weight you’ll lose with the following calculation:

([caloric deficit] x [days you have been dieting] + [total calories burned during exercise)/7700 = weight lost in kgs

In this case, because we aren’t eating anything our deficit is our calorie maintenance

Note that this method isn’t 100% accurate, there are many things that we aren’t accounting for, such as calorie thermogenics, fluctuations in metabolism and a bunch of other shit that no one really cares about.

Lots of people also say that fasting is unhealthy, which is bullshit, fasting is perfectly healthy if done properly, sure your test, collagen, etc will decrease, but it is temporary, and after your fast your hormonal profile will improve given that you now have less body fat (total t will increase at a lower bf% until a certain point).

Inb4 greycel dnr

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 43822, GabachoCopium, 4bhii and 14 others
Well researched.

legit can cpnfirm auchwitz can back this thread up

• +1
Reactions: danbalk
Am gonna make a starvem

A SIMPLE APPROACH TO WEIGHTLOSS (4 STEP METHOD)

1. GO TO HTTPS://WWW.CALCULATOR.NET/CALORIE-CALCULATOR.HTML AND INPUT YOUR DATA

The ‘maintain’ weight figure is an estimation of your caloric maintenance (how many calories it takes to sustain your body AKA BMR). You can also get a more accurate figure from a wearable device (Apple watch/ Garmin).

For example, a 25 year old male, 180cm, 80kgs and has a sedentary lifestyle will need 2,166cals to maintain body weight

1. IF YOU CARE ABOUT PRESERVING MUSCLE, USE THE MILD WEIGHT LOSS (90% TDEE), FOR STARVE MAXING DON’T EAT ANYTHING

Take this time to also find your caloric deficit, using the example from before, if a person needed 2,166cals to maintain body weight, but they also have muscle they wanted to preserve, they would need to eat 1,916cal/ day (90% TDEE).

2,166cal (maintenance) - 1916cal (how many calories they will be eating to lose weight) = 250cal caloric deficit

1. NEXT, USE CHRONOMETER HTTPS://CRONOMETER.COM/ TO TRACK YOUR CALORIES, MAKE SURE YOU REACH YOUR CALORIE GOAL EVERYDAY

1. ESTIMATE YOUR FAT LOSS AND PLAN HOW LONG YOU INTEND TO BE IN A DEFICIT FOR, NOTE THAT 1KG (2.2) OF FAT = 7700CAL, SO IF YOU DO THE CALCULATION:
([caloric deficit] x [days you have been dieting])/7700 = weight lost in kgs

(250cal x 30)/7700 = ~1kg of fat lost (while preserving muscle)

Here’s another example for someone who wanted to starve max for 10 days (not eat anything), their caloric maintenance is 2500cal/ day

(2500cal x 10)/7700 = 3.2kg of fat lost

GENERAL TIPS

Weight yourself in the morning for the most accurate measurements, preferably after you pee, if you have a “smart scale” that tells you your body fat percentage don’t listen to it (it ain't know shit).

If you feel hungry eat more fibre (vegetables), chew gum (not if you’re starving maxing), also drink plenty of water to feel full

Consider taking caffeine pills (this will increase how many calories your body burns)

ALCAR may also help preserve muscle during a cut

Use sweeteners/ 0cal drinks if you are leanmaxing and craving something sweet (don’t do this if you are starvemaxing).

The longer you are in a calorie deficit the lower your calorie maintenance gets, what this means is that if you weighed 85 kg and now weigh 80kg you need to recalculate your maintenance

Your metabolism will also slow down during a calorie deficit, meaning that the calorie calculator may be slightly higher (-200/300 calories).

Log your weight loss, take plenty of photos and measurements

LEANMAXING TIPS

Continue to train hard at the gym, time your meals strategically (eat a carb + protein rich meal 1-1.5hrs before a workout to avoid feeling as fatigued).

Consider taking creatine, as this may help maintain your performance in the gym (note: creatine may also cause water retention, which will increase your body mass).

Eat a diet high in protein (50% of calories), limit sugars + fats.

STARVEMAXING GUIDE + TIPS

I have a lot of experience starve maxing (a few years ago I went from 83kg to 59kg over Summer break), here is the method I used and some tips to help you.

• Start with some small fasts, I did two 3 day fasts at first, just to see how my body reacted. I noticed that day 2 & 3 were the hardest in terms of cravings, I then started getting stronger cravings after day 7 during my longer fasts.

• During a fast do not eat/ drink anything with calories, this includes many “0 calorie” foods (chewing gum and energy drinks like monster zero ultra), as they actually have calories in them but can legally be marketed as 0 calorie

• After you have done a few trial fasts you can now start doing longer fasts, I recommend 3-10 days maximum.
Try to keep fasts between 3-10 days because:
- It takes about 2 days for your body to go into deep ketosis (fat loss)
- After 10 days you increase your risk of electrolyte deficiencies, which can cause seizures, vomiting, tingling/numbness + a load of other shit

If you want to fast for longer than 10 days at a time I highly recommend you make Snake juice https://foodiewish.com/recipes/snake-juice-recipe/

• After a fast have a refeed day, start with liquid food (watermelon, cucumbers) and then after a few hours you can start eating normally, do not exceed your calorie maintenance and ensure you get good intake of electrolytes and micronutrients during this time to prepare yourself for the next round of fasting.

• Do not workout during fasts (gym, running, etc), instead go for long walks (this will help burn more calories and keep your mind away from food).

• When you start having food cravings here are some things I did that helped:
-Sleep
-Eat ice cubes
-Drink tea (some teas are sweetened, make sure it is 0cals; drinking tea may also technically break the fast, so if you care about your body being in ketosis don’t drink tea, otherwise its ok to have it throughout the entire fast)

STARVEMAXING TIPS

After a refeed you will notice your weight has increased, this is ok, it is just temporary weight (glycogen, food mass, etc)

If you choose to go for walks during your fast you can get a better estimation of how much weight you’ll lose with the following calculation:

([caloric deficit] x [days you have been dieting] + [total calories burned during exercise)/7700 = weight lost in kgs

In this case, because we aren’t eating anything our deficit is our calorie maintenance

Note that this method isn’t 100% accurate, there are many things that we aren’t accounting for, such as calorie thermogenics, fluctuations in metabolism and a bunch of other shit that no one really cares about.

Lots of people also say that fasting is unhealthy, which is bullshit, fasting is perfectly healthy if done properly, sure your test, collagen, etc will decrease, but it is temporary, and after your fast your hormonal profile will improve given that you now have less body fat (total t will increase at a lower bf% until a certain point).

Inb4 greycel dnr

View attachment 2501574

Am making a starvemaxxing guide soon, do u mind if I use some of ur info?

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 32514
Since you made a heightmaxxing thread lately, do u think fasting affects height?

i achieved 10% bodyfat. I like it.

• Love it
Reactions: datboijj
legit can cpnfirm auchwitz can back this thread up

Is there actually any evidence that gym celling works like with studies I'm curious tbqh

Blud knows nothing about metabolism adaptation and rebound effect

• +1
Reactions: nastynas
i follow people who been lean 24/7
never spent a day over 10%
if you are dedicated it can easily happen

i follow people who been lean 24/7
never spent a day over 10%
if you are dedicated it can easily happen
So do u just starve or wat?

• WTF
Reactions: datboijj
I do, but chose not to write about it (read the yellow text at the bottom).

Things like that are too complex for the typical post tiktok .org member to comprehend. Obviously after a fast your metabolism will bounce back, but assuming that you eat at your new calorie maintenance you will not gain weight, and even if you do gain a few kg of weight it will be quite healthy.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, j05 and Yerico7
Since you made a heightmaxxing thread lately, do u think fasting affects height?
Doing some fasting on its own wont affect your height. A greater factor that influences height is your BF%, especially if were very low body fat during your early childhood/ pre pubescent years.

The ideal bodyfat that you grow at depends a lot on your genetics , some people will grow tall even while being skinny, while other people that are fat will also grow tall.

As long as you are within your own ideal bodyfat percentage you will grow tall (usually 12 - 20%)

If you are fat then fasting/ weight loss will benefit you, so going back to your question, it would in this case benefit your height.

I can go over this in more detail if you would like, but it is a quite complex subject, especially when you bring hormones and exercise into the picture.

• +1
Reactions: Pandora and Tr0ubLe
Doing some fasting on its own wont affect your height. A greater factor that influences height is your BF%, especially if were very low body fat during your early childhood/ pre pubescent years.

The ideal bodyfat that you grow at depends a lot on your genetics , some people will grow tall even while being skinny, while other people that are fat will also grow tall.

As long as you are within your own ideal bodyfat percentage you will grow tall (usually 12 - 20%)

If you are fat then fasting/ weight loss will benefit you, so going back to your question, it would in this case benefit your height.

I can go over this in more detail if you would like, but it is a quite complex subject, especially when you bring hormones and exercise into the picture.
Meant it in fasting for days at a time. It skyrockets hgh but what's the catch here?

Meant it in fasting for days at a time. It skyrockets hgh but what's the catch here?
When you fast your HGH spikes, but this will not cause any growth.

When you grow your GH levels are elevated and are somewhat stable for months at a time, whereas during a fast your GH will only spike up for a couple of days (which isn't enough to promote growth).

Your GH levels need to be elevated for months until any growth is seen, which can't be achieved through fasting. Excessive fasting will also decrease test, which will negatively impact height growth over a long enough period.

TLDR: Fasting won't help u grow

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe
When you fast your HGH spikes, but this will not cause any growth.

When you grow your GH levels are elevated and are somewhat stable for months at a time, whereas during a fast your GH will only spike up for a couple of days (which isn't enough to promote growth).

Your GH levels need to be elevated for months until any growth is seen, which can't be achieved through fasting. Excessive fasting will also decrease test, which will negatively impact height growth over a long enough period.

TLDR: Fasting won't help u grow
I liked the fact that our bodies delay growth and prolong growth plate fusion when you're malnourished. The rabbit study im talking about

good thread