Adequate protein intake

H

henocied

Iron
I am 2 meters tall and I weigh 80 kg.

My daily protein intake is between 80-110 g.

Is it enough protein to build muscle ?

Should I eat more protein or go a little bit lower ?

do you have marfan's syndrome?

• Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend
Due to playing volleyball.

What weight should I have to not be considered disabled ?
A healthy weight for a 7 footer should be 250 lbs

• +1
Reactions: henocied
then I have to eat

fuck me

thank you anyways for the info
You say you're only 6'1 in other posts, not 7' like you say here

Yeah you're a larper.

You've said you're 187, 197, and 200 cm

I am 2 meters tall and I weigh 80 kg.

My daily protein intake is between 80-110 g.

Is it enough protein to build muscle ?

Should I eat more protein or go a little bit lower ?
Anything more than 1.8g protein per kg of body weight per day would be overkill. Multiple scientific studies shows that there are no muscular hypertrophy benefits from protein beyond that threshold. So 144g protein max at 80 kg for you. I've seen studies that show that the muscular hypertrophy benefits max out at 1.6g protein per kg of bodyweight per day or even lower (so 128g for you). It's not necessarily bad for you to eat more than 144g protein per day. You just might fart a lot. But protein is the most expensive macronutrient so you shouldn't eat more protein than you need to.

But I think even 110g for you is a bit on the low side for optimal results. That's 1.375g protein per kg. I think 80g protein is way below optimal level for you. You will still gain muscle eating 1-1.375g protein per kg per day but you're probably leaving gains on the table. If you're bulking, you also run the risk of getting fat if you're not getting enough protein. But since you are a 2m tall lanklet, most of your calorie surplus probably gets turned to muscle mass if you lift anyways because you're still in the newbie gains window. It's when you get to the level of intermediate body builder that the fat:muscle gain ratio increases during a bulk. Especially once you're an advanced bodybuilder.

If you have trouble eating 144g protein per day with accordance to your calorie goals (whether it be cutting, maintenance or bulking. Since you're 2m tall 80kg I'm going to assume you're bulking or at least trying to maingain), include leaner proteins into your diet that are low in carbohydrates and fat. Like skinless chicken breast, canned tuna, egg whites, 0% milk fat no sugar added Greek Yogurt, whey protein powder (isolate powder is even more lean but more expensive) or vegan protein powder if lactose intolerant (way more expensive though).

If you're bulking, at a certain point its going to be hard to stay in the calorie surplus you need without resorting to fatty cuts of meat, dairy and eggs though. You will inevitably also need to resort to fats like peanut butter, nuts, cooking oils and some of the dirty stuff to get the calorie surplus you need. You'll also need to be eating lots of carbs. Pasta and rice are cheap and a good source of calories. If you want just a light meal before going to the gym, as lots of gym goers don't like lifting on a full stomach, make sure to eat at least 20-30g carbs and 3-6g protein and drink coffee or some other caffeine before working out. So don't go leaner than you need to. Especially when lean proteins tend to be more expensive too. I'm at around my weight gain goal and I eat a ton of processed junk food. I just make sure to eat enough protein and I pay attention to the scale every morning to make sure its not moving too fast. One day fluctuations on the scale don't mean anything. I pay attention as to whether there is a consistent trend towards gaining too fast or gaining too little or even losing weight.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: metaextent and henocied
protein intake should be around 1.8 your body weight in kg
you are 80kg, so you should get 144g/day of protein

Now, it's not the end of the world if you get 120g some days, but on average, try to get at least 1.8 per kg

It should be based on lean body mass. I think 1.2x-2x lean body mass is ideal

• +1
Reactions: henocied