Advantages or titanium micropores implant vs Peek ?

L

Looksmaxerfr13

Bronze
Hello guys,

Surgerons seems to tend more and more toward PEEK for facial implants as it dosent fuse with the bone, and can be adjusted in pre-op if needed.

But Titanium have those micropores, so those littles holes, but what are they for exactly ? i understand it's for letting the bones and soft tissues to fuse better with the implant. But what does it change compared to PEEK or others materials ?

Thanks

Just gimmick. I had misplaced silicone chin implant and even that shit didn't move for 21 years. Bone actually grew around it, so much that it had to ground off when I had it removed. If you have PEEK screwed in, it's not going anywhere.

• Woah
Reactions: nofap
Just gimmick. I had misplaced silicone chin implant and even that shit didn't move for 21 years. Bone actually grew around it, so much that it had to ground off when I had it removed. If you have PEEK screwed in, it's not going anywhere.
Why did u remove it?

@RealSurgerymax

so the porus thing aka micro holes in titanium isn't real advantage ?

I mean like is titanium micropores fuse better with bone and soft tissues, it would also mean that the loss is greater by assimiliation right ? an 7mm titanium implant would fuse and be more likely 6mm or so

i just don't get what are really the titanium micro-holes advantage

NINTCHDBPICT000638081066-1.jpg

I mean like is titanium micropores fuse better with bone and soft tissues, it would also mean that the loss is greater by assimiliation right ? an 7mm titanium implant would fuse and be more likely 6mm or so

i just don't get what are really the titanium micro-holes advantage
UP that

Titanium is a meme for the implant material imo.
-more expensive
-radiopaque

Titanium is a meme for the implant material imo.
-more expensive
-radiopaque
What does that mean exactly ?
Cause it's all about those Little holes in titanium

Some say it's better
Some say PEEK is better cause it dont fuse with the bones so gains are permanent

@RealSurgerymax
Hi, Can you explain pro and cons between titanium and peek jaw implants ?

What does that mean exactly ?
Cause it's all about those Little holes in titanium

Some say it's better
Some say PEEK is better cause it dont fuse with the bones so gains are permanent
Peek is porous and fuses with the bone too. And yah gains r permanent, maybe 2mm max cos of consolidation. Radiopaque objects can be seen in X rays and other scans, radiolucent materials like peek are invisible in scans and could be an adv in ltr.

Peek is porous and fuses with the bone too. And yah gains r permanent, maybe 2mm max cos of consolidation. Radiopaque objects can be seen in X rays and other scans, radiolucent materials like peek are invisible in scans and could be an adv in ltr.
Peek don't have those micro holes so its not porous man.

IIRC titanium can be made as thin as you need it to be
Yes thats why it's used for facial reconstruction.

But the question is, why are the advantage of titanium holes

@RealSurgerymax
Does peek fuse with bone ?

I would never use Titanium,
I have now heard from several doctors that patients are sensitive to cold. I would go only with peek implants or some sort of calcium phosphate implants

wdym by gains are permanent