All suffering is self inflicted. Happiness is a choice. Take the stoic pill.

user1728482728

user1728482728

zephir
This central Stoic doctrine applies to all forms of suffering.

Being rejected for a job or a date initially causes suffering, but this is because we consider these "goods" we want to acquire - and we are now excluded from them. But if we do not estimate them as good, but in other ways (say, as potentially bad), then we may feel relieved for not getting what we thought we wanted. In other words, its not the event in itself that causes suffering (though it may cause physical pain), it's wholly our view of the matter.

F2A104FF 57EA 44B1 82DA 7209411ED9AD

AF5F492E AE00 4EF7 BC74 7AF348D3B99C

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: foidaddict, Amexmaxx and Deleted member 21044
Just be cuck

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 21044
Epicurean mogs stoic to hell

• +1
Reactions: Amexmaxx
no thanks stoicism is cuckoldry

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Amexmaxx and JovenCansao
dnrd + kys
142F5C11 75E2 471E ACD6 8F921E17C314

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2507
We all get cucked by Father Time in the end.

Why not accept it with dignity rather than trying to fight it.
If you go into prison, why not accept BBC with dignity rather than trying to fight it?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: user1728482728, Danish_Retard, LooksOrDeath and 2 others
Maybe you should go to the childrens hospital oncology ward & tell the kid with leukemia that his suffering is self-inflicted.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: user1728482728, Danish_Retard, RAITEIII and 2 others
how do i apply this to physical pain

thanks for the advice op
going to take a trip to the cobalt mines of the democratic republic of congo and tell the starving child slaves that happiness is a choice and they should just take the stoic pill

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
This central Stoic doctrine applies to all forms of suffering.

Being rejected for a job or a date initially causes suffering, but this is because we consider these "goods" we want to acquire - and we are now excluded from them. But if we do not estimate them as good, but in other ways (say, as potentially bad), then we may feel relieved for not getting what we thought we wanted. In other words, its not the event in itself that causes suffering (though it may cause physical pain), it's wholly our view of the matter.

View attachment 2028381
View attachment 2028377
@StrangerDanger kinda stupid tbh.
Damn 7psl chad livin the life while I rot with 2 psl ethnic face all due to chance, but at least I can choose to not pay it any mind.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16275 and StrangerDanger
the levels of coping on this forum are almost admirable ngl

the levels of coping on this forum are almost admirable ngl
thanks for the advice op
going to take a trip to the cobalt mines of the democratic republic of congo and tell the starving child slaves that happiness is a choice and they should just take the stoic pill
Just be cuck
How is it cucked to be stoic? It’s only rational.

Is there something that makes you sad? Then work to change it. If it’s unfixable then there is no point in worrying about it.

Maybe you should go to the childrens hospital oncology ward & tell the kid with leukemia that his suffering is self-inflicted.

//Nick Wilde 🦊

How is it cucked to be stoic? It’s only rational.

Is there something that makes you sad? Then work to change it. If it’s unfixable then there is no point in worrying about it.
Point of life is to procreate, fucking prime pussy or having pussy thrown at you. There's no other reason. Women work all day just to get fucked by some nigger at the bar at the end of the night they don't go home to do mediation. Why because procreation is the only point in this life.

• Hmm...
Reactions: user1728482728
Point of life is to procreate
Don’t you think things like virtue and honor and self discipline are more important?

That’s a very simple minded way of looking at things then. You are debasing yourself to the level of a wild animal with that mindset.

Don’t you think things like virtue and honor and self discipline are more important?

That’s a very simple minded way of looking at things then. You are debasing yourself to the level of a wild animal with that mindset.
🤣 Bro there's beautiful white young girls who fuck niggers what world do you live in? Your reality is a fairytale

• Hmm...
Reactions: user1728482728
@StrangerDanger kinda stupid tbh.
Damn 7psl chad livin the life while I rot with 2 psl ethnic face all due to chance, but at least I can choose to not pay it any mind.
What do you think about Nietzsches philosophy? Im really curious

Obligatory @BrahminBoss tag

What do you think about Nietzsches philosophy? Im really curious

Obligatory @BrahminBoss tag
Nieztche's predictions of nihilism are 110% true and becoming more and more apparent in modern society. But his muh ubermensch and other ideas don't really deliver anything fundamentally better than any other philosophy. I like his "you decide on your own values/meanings" kinda stand tho.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16275
Nieztche's predictions of nihilism are 110% true and becoming more and more apparent in modern society. But his muh ubermensch and other ideas don't really deliver anything fundamentally better than any other philosophy. I like his "you decide on your own values/meanings" kinda stand tho.
Agreed, i also like how anti-nihilism he is. its hopefuel

but yeah, what i wanted to ask was, what do you think about how he highlights the importance of suffering in life? do you agree with it? what perspective would you take?
lets take the scenario of living life as a 2 psl ethnic abomination like you mentioned, as context for the above questions

Its all in your head sweaty

• +1
Close the thread.

Point of life is to procreate, fucking prime pussy or having pussy thrown at you. There's no other reason. Women work all day just to get fucked by some nigger at the bar at the end of the night they don't go home to do mediation. Why because procreation is the only point in this life.
How many kids do you have then nigga

Close the thread.
Except that’s good advice. Everybody needs to accept death is inevitable.

If you have incurable cancer what’s there to worry about, your fate is already sealed

Last edited:
Except that’s good advice. Everybody needs to accept death is inevitable.

If you have incurable cancer what’s there to worry about, your fate is already sealed
any theory meant to single handley explain or solve anything universally will eventually be determined as a cope.

Your philosophy can be useful in certain instances but in others u get A sour taste that you're coping

I hope OP gets into an accident that injures his spinal cord & turns him into a quadriplegic. I wonder if he will be able to maintain his stoicism in that situation.

• +1
Stoicism is incredibly cucked. Bordering on self delusion.

Just accept injustice, because it's external. Actually just live in your own little world, just ignore everything you can't control.

You must feel the world, otherwise you may as well just be a robot, if you're fully stoic, the sage, you aren't human. You'd go into the holocaust and feel nothing. That's no virtue, that's fucking sick, and if you theren't ignoring your emotions like a scared child you'd see that too.

Not to mention the fact that apatheia isn't supported by neurology, it isn't your higher mind that determines what you value, it's the limbic system, the prefrontal cortex can influence the limbic system but never control it.

• +1
Reactions: Time
If you go into prison, why not accept BBC with dignity rather than trying to fight it?
You only accept the things that are outside of your control.

• JFL
Reactions: Primalsplit
The problem is that, as you age, your brain interprets reality much differently than when you were young, happy and naive. Happiness is not a choice. Your happiness is affected by the natural evolution of your outlook on life as you get older. It's all caused by the aging brain.

So if BBC overpowers you, you're gonna accept the cok? :lul:
That's an extreme example and maybe that's where stoicism won't apply anymore. But for the majority of things that people worry about, a stoic attitude can be helpful imo. Worrying about things that are outside of your control won't give you any advantage.
For example, let's say you're short. You could just kill yourself, but if you don't do that what are your alternatives? Constantly worrying about it and hating everyone else for discriminating you based on your height? Maybe, but that won't make you any taller either. A stoic would do leg lengthening surgery and maybe work towards creating a society where humans don't discriminate against height as much as in this current one. After LL he will only be a few cm taller and he will have to accept that. The alternative would be to constantly worry about his height and never actually do anything about it.
I don't agree with some parts of stoicism, but for the most part it is a very blackpilled philosophy. I like it personally.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit