america is obsessed with high school

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
i think the entire country has internalized high school trauma

• +1
Reactions: omarthegoat195, tombradylover, Deleted member 29155 and 18 others
Yeah, high school is held in high regard over there. They call it the most crucial four years of your life as it shapes your entire life. Makes sense, but can’t college have the same effect?

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, darkness97, Deleted member 26410 and 4 others
Yeah, high school is held in high regard over there. They call it the most crucial four years of your life as it shapes your entire life. Makes sense, but can’t college have the same effect?
its the same in america with college because they have residential colleges and makes people form an identity around the university, in my country it is not like this

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
its the same in america with college because they have residential colleges and makes people form an identity around the university, in my country it is not like this
Same here actually. I’m 27 but high school seems to be a relic of the past. I don’t see why those few years define a person.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Japanese people are also high school heavy. So many shows with that theme.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 28117 and UglyAsHell
Japanese are also high school heavy. So many shows with that theme.
I was just about to mention Japan, the whole anime world is fantasizing about going back go highschool because life aa a wageslave salaryman is so shit

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing, romanstock, rand anon and 4 others
I was just about to mention Japan, the whole anime world is fantasizing about going back go highschool because life aa a wageslave salaryman is so shit
That's fair
I still don't get American Obsession though

Same here actually. I’m 27 but high school seems to be a relic of the past. I don’t see why those few years define a person.
Keep quiet old man, I don’t want to hear a word out of your shitskin mouth

10DC03B2 FB4F 4B8F 9286 598F2AAC6083

• Ugh..
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: currywhowillascends, Deleted member 21661 and Michael Myers
Japanese people are also high school heavy. So many shows with that theme.
It’s not necessarily high school heavy as it is education heavy, the same thing across Asia (excluding West Asia, because sandniggers). But South Asians and East Asians learn from day one they have to study, study, study and study so they can have a good future. I’m lucky to live in the west. It’s an entire competition over there in Asia. And they can get brutal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28117
they also like the antisocial high school nerd vs sporty man narrative

It’s not necessarily high school heavy as it is education heavy
No, they're coming back to high school in their minds, not that they're obsessed with high school while in high school. We talk about oldcels here. When you watch an anime about high school it's not about the education jfl, it's about the vibe of been a teen again, or another reality where you're in the ideal setting (high school) and a cool guy or whatever.

they also like the antisocial high school nerd vs sporty man narrative
they have so many movies/ tv shows with high school captain of football team guy named chad that wears a jacket with his team name on his back that goes to school in a red supercar and fucks hot blondes and has an abusive dad

• JFL
Reactions: RecessedChinCel, Myth, Deleted member 16275 and 5 others
No, they're coming back to high school in their minds, not that they're obsessed with high school while in high school. We talk about oldcels here. When you watch an anime about high school it's not about the education jfl, it's about the vibe of been a teen again, or another reality where you're in the ideal setting (high school) and a cool guy or whatever.
I’m not talking about anime. I’m talking about the Asian culture. :p

You really don't know what I'm talking about or pretending?
I am not talking about anime as I pointed out, I’m talking about the real-life thing. It doesn’t end in high school there, college is even more important than high school is. High school is a stepping stone in real life.

I am not talking about anime as I pointed out, I’m talking about the real-life thing. It doesn’t end in high school there, college is even more important than high school is. High school is a stepping stone in real life.
The anime shows are a cry out, there's a reason their shows (not just anime) are heavily around that theme. High school gangs, Anime, etc. Were talking about an obsession of another kind, not education man. You think about it from a very cold place or something, I mentioned Japan because they daydream about high school (real life) because they work all day and their life suck, some of them completely go off the grid and just watch high school shows all day. You can't tell me muh I'm not talking about anime but real life, there's a reason I mentioned it. Were talking about an emotional obsession not the cold one for the sake of education and finding a job, that many countries do.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24940
The anime shows are a cry out, there's a reason their shows (not just anime) are heavily around that theme. High school gangs, Anime, etc. Were talking about an obsession of another kind, not education man. You think about it from a very cold place or something, I mentioned Japan because they daydream about high school (real life) because they work all day and their life suck, some of them completely go off the grid and just watch high school shows all day. You can't tell me muh I'm not talking about anime but real life, there's a reason I mentioned it. Were talking about an emotional obsession not the cold one for the sake of education and finding a job, that many countries do.
Perhaps that is just your interpretation of it all. Westerners tend to see things from their own perspective to try and understand cultures that are foreign to them. Nothing wrong with that, but each to their own as they say.

Perhaps that is just your interpretation of it all. Westerners tend to see things from their own perspective to try and understand cultures that are foreign to them. Nothing wrong with that, but each to their own as they say.
Whatever

They even have televised sports games
I can't believe I didn't go to an American highschool

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
i want to shove a kid in a locker and take his lunch money Lol its fun to have a locker at the school and store things in it and decorate it. and stacy can approach me while i am putting things inside of my locker. I will also not know any of the answers to questions in cclass and throw paper ball at the nerd !

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
Fuck I thought u were 17

I wish I could go back to high school and redo this shit for reals

they have so many movies/ tv shows with high school captain of football team guy named chad that wears a jacket with his team name on his back that goes to school in a red supercar and fucks hot blondes and has an abusive dad
Karate Kid plot lol, except he beats up beaner for flirting with his blonde

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gus17 and Deleted member 28117
i want to shove a kid in a locker and take his lunch money Lol its fun to have a locker at the school and store things in it and decorate it. and stacy can approach me while i am putting things inside of my locker. I will also not know any of the answers to questions in cclass and throw paper ball at the nerd !
And you laugh it off with your varsity jacket over your shoulder as you get picked up in a dodge challenger

Just saw someone said the same thing, but that's how everyone sees US highschools

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
high school and college experience in america is more eventful than entire lifetimes of people in europe and other shitholes. i cant cope.

high school and college experience in america is more eventful than entire lifetimes of people in europe and other shitholes. i cant cope.
there is nothing eventful in american suburbs where the high schools are

Most crucial period which shapes your entire life is prenatal

lack of sex indeed traumatized me deeply

i think the entire country has internalized high school trauma
Bingo
No other time in history were teens allowed to interact with each other in such a framework

Because high school has key developmental milestones.

Your supposed to get a friend group that lasts for life, go to house parties, drink for the first time, have sex for the first time, get your first gf, join a sports team and experience the masculine camaraderie that comes with it, get your first car, drive to dates with your gf, have car sex, etc.

High school mogs when you play sports and have a good friend group. I went to a community college in my junior and senior year tho.

• Love it
Reactions: Nick.Harte

Your supposed to get a friend group that lasts for life, go to house parties, drink for the first time, have sex for the first time, get your first gf, join a sports team and experience the masculine camaraderie that comes with it, get your first car, drive to dates with your gf, have car sex, etc.
I only have one friend from high school. Recently re-reunited with another friend. I don’t count my childhood friend who went to high school as well. Oh, and another high school friend. That’s only three in total.

You will never be high school Chad kissing your virgin jg girlfriend under the stars.
If you miss teen love experience you will never be complete and you will recreate HS scenario in your mind for the rest of your life. It's fucking sick when you think about it.

• So Sad
Reactions: House Lannister

A highschool freind group will not last your life time people move away due to college a grow apart.

You will never be high school Chad kissing your virgin jg girlfriend under the stars.
If you miss teen love experience you will never be complete and you will recreate HS scenario in your mind for the rest of your life. It's fucking sick when you think about it.

Overrated.
What really mogs is having psychotic LTRs in your late 20s.

A highschool freind group will not last your life time people move away due to college a grow apart.
Bullshit.
Most of friends groups are created in teenage years.

Yea for people who never move away but most people move so they have to form new freinds groups.
Most of people outside of USA don't move.
I am not even sure if most of muricans move.