Anterior pelvic tilt. Has anyone beaten here this?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

There's no gym for my squandered youth.
Looking at myself in the mirror here, if only I had a protractor to measure the angle my hips make. It's real bad.

Yes the most effective for me has been in descending order.

-Yoga lotus pose and lower back stretches right after
-Inversion table
-Hanging on a bar

Also, you need to walk everyday by engaging your abs muscles. This will feel awkward/weird, but you need to learn how to walk in a completely different way.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6695, stuckneworleans, ldar = cope and 2 others
Yoga = life. It will fix it. Just google yoga poses for anterior pelvic tilt - there are many. Fixed my kyphosis too. As mentioned above, inversion table helps a ton, so long as you keep your hips in correct alignment as you invert. Will make you a bit taller too.

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian

-Inversion table
-Hanging on a bar

Also, you need to walk everyday by engaging your abs muscles. This will feel awkward/weird, but you need to learn how to walk in a completely different way.

What specific routine do you do? Also, how do you connect the abs to the legs?

chad doesnt need posture

Yeah I fixed that, did some exercises now my normal posture is almost no tilt lol.

Yes I did, I kind of had to because I kept pulling my groin.
Anterior-Pelvic-Tilt.jpg

What specific routine do you do? Also, how do you connect the abs to the legs?
My routine is combining yoga with fapping. You should walk while engaging your abs, you also need to walk with your hamstrings.

My routine is combining yoga with fapping. You should walk while engaging your abs, you also need to walk with your hamstrings.

By "routine" I mean what exactly should I do, how often, and for how many days? Write it out for me like one would write out a lifting routine.

And engaging my abs? I have no muscle connection between my abs and legs. It's like asking me to engage my forehead muscles when walking.

By "routine" I mean what exactly should I do, how often, and for how many days? Write it out for me like one would write out a lifting routine.

And engaging my abs? I have no muscle connection between my abs and legs. It's like asking me to engage my forehead muscles when walking.
There's much material on youtube, just start where you're comfortable. Focus on core strengthening and lower back stretching for instance.

When walking you use your abs to generate a counterbalancing force, rather than the lower back which you're accustomed to. Also isntead of using most of your quads, you engage the hamstrings while walking. You're doing a similar movement, but using completely different muscles. It takes time to be accustomed to this.

How did you fix it?
I stopped squatting and deadlifting and started focusing on the weak muscle groups.
I do:
Hip abduction
Hanging leg raises
Paused leg raises in a roman chair
Heavy machine crunches
Paused deficit deadlifts (long pause, light weight)

I'm looking to add in some oblique work too.
---
Tbh just sleeping on your back would probably help a lot, I get sleep paralysis though so I don't do that.

I stopped squatting and deadlifting and started focusing on the weak muscle groups.
I do:
Hip abduction
Hanging leg raises
Paused leg raises in a roman chair
Heavy machine crunches
Paused deficit deadlifts (long pause, light weight)

I'm looking to add in some oblique work too.
---
Tbh just sleeping on your back would probably help a lot, I get sleep paralysis though so I don't do that.

What routine do you do?

basicly train ur ass, hamstrings and abs and u will be fine

What is the routine for that though? What exercises, how many sets, how many reps, what days, etc.? I need to know exactly what to do.

don't sleep on your stomach..when you do put a pillow under your pelvis

I think I have this :unsure:

-Inversion table
-Hanging on a bar

Which lower back stretches do you do for this?

Yoga = life. It will fix it. Just google yoga poses for anterior pelvic tilt - there are many. Fixed my kyphosis too. As mentioned above, inversion table helps a ton, so long as you keep your hips in correct alignment as you invert. Will make you a bit taller too.
this guy knows his stuff

get used to activating your glutes and core

sleep on your back with no pillow

Make sure your bed isn't too soft because if your hips sink into it then you will undo any progress from stretches or exercises. Try to switch to sleeping on floor or some kind of thin mat. If it hurts to sleep on floor that's because you aren't distributing your weight across the floor but onto a few pressure points. In this case, do more stretches so you can comfortably flatten out. Combination of floor sleep + stretches and improving your walk to utilize proper muscles will fix anterior pelvic tilt 100% of the time. No pillow is great for fixing forward head posture.

oh shit, that explains a lot
Make sure your bed isn't too soft because if your hips sink into it then you will undo any progress from stretches or exercises. Try to switch to sleeping on floor or some kind of thin mat. If it hurts to sleep on floor that's because you aren't distributing your weight across the floor but onto a few pressure points. In this case, do more stretches so you can comfortably flatten out. Combination of floor sleep + stretches and improving your walk to utilize proper muscles will fix anterior pelvic tilt 100% of the time. No pillow is great for fixing forward head posture.