any creative ways to exploit us-eu dual citizenship

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
i will soon be a citizen of 3 countries (us and two eu ones). i was thinking of getting a NYC-based remote job and secretly living in france or something. then I get like a 120k usd salary, anywhere in europe this is like top 0.1% salary so I can live like fucking royalty. I'm not sure what kind of job could swing for this though. I am getting a phd in a field that doesnt directly apply to anything but there are a lot of transferrable skills if I creatively market myself.

any other secrets of dual citizenship?

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: poopoohead
Is that really a secret? Don't tons of people with fully remote jobs live in countries outside the companies headquarters?

• Love it
Reactions: poopoohead
Is that really a secret? Don't tons of people with fully remote jobs live in countries outside the companies headquarters?
It depends on the company

Some companies that have offices in foreign countries will simply put you on the payroll in that country, which defeats the purpose of doing this since then you make a local wage.

If you ask a company who does not have an office in a country, they have to get an employer of record, which sets up an entity of the company in that country tasked exclusively with hiring you, and so they can be compliant with that countries labor laws and employer contributions. most US companies are unwilling to do especially for junior workers this since labor laws everywhere in europe are harsher. They might also then otherwise adjust your salary to accommodate lower cost of living.

most people I know who have done this keep it a secret, use vpns, redirect phones thru american ones, make sure their webcams face blank walls... etc...

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
  • +1
Reactions: ccwarrior

Last edited:
How did you acquire the EU citizenships?
In many countries if you have certain kinds of ancestry you can get it

Italy, Germany, Croatia, Poland, Ireland, Bulgaria, etc...

Last edited:
oh right, I assumed so. Has to be immediate family, parents/grandparents?

I'm jealous rn
which ones did you qualify for
Depends on the country

it is. What is cheaper in eu other than real estate (the interiors are waaay shittier than the gringo ones tho)?
everything