any effective way to fix the winged scapula?

Niccomaxxing

Niccomaxxing

Iron
I had this problem since my childhood, now that I go to the gym and I was able to improve my posture, it is less noticeable, but it is still here and it pisses me off.

fuck knows posture is a way for just world redditors to claim causes neuropathy to nerve damaged incels while ignoring any evidence that supports its a benign condition because of their one anecdote from self-diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome that definitely wasn't caused by using vibrating tools at work

I had this problem since my childhood, now that I go to the gym and I was able to improve my posture, it is less noticeable, but it is still here and it pisses me off.
heres some general advice

training the smaller muscles that will stabilize and pull your scapulars in tight to the ribcage, you need to train and strengthen the serratus, scapular pull/push ups are a decent start.

As for keeping up with posture you need to almost imagine you are trying to stab yourself in the spine with both of your scapulars, if doing so is difficult you may likely have tightness/high tension from a well built upper back/traps that will pull them up also which won't help, try to stretch the traps sufficiently/work out any knots with a lacrosse ball to help your shoulders sit back more comfortably to maintain good posture

when you train focus on retracting your scapulars and keeping them TIGHT to the body, especially on pressing movements/ when training back with rows etc this will also help with strengthening the smaller muscles and reducing issues with imbalances

even finding some basic banded serratus excersises to do at the start of your training to help engage them / for mind muscle connection will help overtime

Btw it's defo not a quick fix issue for most so don't expect progress to fly in straight away just don't get discouraged 👍

• +1
Reactions: Niccomaxxing and garoupilled_
heres some general advice

training the smaller muscles that will stabilize and pull your scapulars in tight to the ribcage, you need to train and strengthen the serratus, scapular pull/push ups are a decent start.

As for keeping up with posture you need to almost imagine you are trying to stab yourself in the spine with both of your scapulars, if doing so is difficult you may likely have tightness/high tension from a well built upper back/traps that will pull them up also which won't help, try to stretch the traps sufficiently/work out any knots with a lacrosse ball to help your shoulders sit back more comfortably to maintain good posture

when you train focus on retracting your scapulars and keeping them TIGHT to the body, especially on pressing movements/ when training back with rows etc this will also help with strengthening the smaller muscles and reducing issues with imbalances

even finding some basic banded serratus excersises to do at the start of your training to help engage them / for mind muscle connection will help overtime

Btw it's defo not a quick fix issue for most so don't expect progress to fly in straight away just don't get discouraged 👍
thank you very much

• +1
Reactions: TakaTeo