Anybody else here who did or will do Trimax after having camouflage orthodontics in the past?

LancasteR

LancasteR

Kraken
I still have to broaden my teeth arches with orthodontics and solve my crowding because my old ortho didn‘t take care of that. I‘m mainly doing Trimax for sleep apnea and TMD. The boost in looks it gives is still very welcome though.
Anybody else here with similar experiences?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
I had camouflage orthodontics and did Trimax, even without decompensating.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mvp2v1, Tai Lung and LancasteR
I had camouflage orthodontics and did Trimax, even without decompensating.
Interesting. I also don‘t really have to "decompensate" but just broaden my arches, because my jaws are similarly recessed.
Could you tell me a bit more?

what do you want know bre ?

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
what do you want know bre ?
Did you do it privately or via insurance?
How and why did you decide to get Trimax after camo-orthodontics?
Did you have any orthodontics or invalisign afterwards?

Did you do it privately or via insurance?
Insurance (also had sleep apnoe) but paid genio by myself.

How and why did you decide to get Trimax after camo-orthodontics?
Class II profile + functional (recessed jaws causing sleep apnoe)

Did you have any orthodontics or invalisign afterwards?
no, I have surgery only. Some surgeons told me to decompensate (eg Ramieri) but my orthodontist told me it’s not worth it in my case (only extractions but they didn’t recommend it and I’ve decided against it)

• +1

Class II profile + functional (recessed jaws causing sleep apnoe)

no, I have surgery only. Some surgeons told me to decompensate (eg Ramieri) but my orthodontist told me it’s not worth it in my case (only extractions but they didn’t recommend it and I’ve decided against it)
Thank you!

Why is that? No rotation ? probably not a great result.
Probably depends if the jaws are equally recessed and of the inclination/proclination of teeth, if there’s crowding, occlusal plane etc.

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
Why is that? No rotation ? probably not a great result.
see my comment above. Even though I only had 3mm overjet we were able to advance Pog by 11mm due to big rotation by posterior Downgraft (excluding Genio, so it’s even more).

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR and Tai Lung
have done it!

• +1
have done it!
I saw your thread, very interesting case.
But I can‘t remember you talking anything about having had camouflage orthodontics before.

I saw your thread, very interesting case.
But I can‘t remember you talking anything about having had camouflage orthodontics before.
oh no i havent kek I thought u just asked about bimax

• +1
I had camouflage treatment in the past. I'll need to decompensate and then I'll get bimax. My surgeon said that I already have teeth internal resorption from camouflage treatment and now I need huge decompensation. Which is problematic for teeth health.

• +1
For a total noob how does insurance coverage process go? I recently had a slee study and if the result is good I wanted to use it to cover a IMDO. Can I take my sleep study result to any doctor to get coverage or is it only in network? Etc I have not idea how this process works.

• +1
For a total noob how does insurance coverage process go? I recently had a slee study and if the result is good I wanted to use it to cover a IMDO. Can I take my sleep study result to any doctor to get coverage or is it only in network? Etc I have not idea how this process works.
Depends on whether you live in the states or Europe. I took my sleep study test to the surgeon and that was it basically.

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR and mvp2v1