Anyone here know how to get into TRANSLATION/COPYWRITING?

DelonLover1999

DelonLover1999

Meso + Meso
I’m quite confident in my writing abilities. Both in a technical, and creative sense. But I have yet to put these skills to good use.

Has anyone here ever dabbled in this field? Looking for remote opportunities only. Could be translating (EN to PT, and vice versa), copywriting, or any other type of writing job.

Lastly, is it worth taking a standard exam like TOEFL; IELTS; Cambridge, to put in your cv? I’m gonna have to take one anyway, in a couple of years.

@Pretty @instigator @Ellipsis @Reckless Turtle @MaestheticMaso @Ai Impact @enchanted_elixir
@garoupilled_

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
Spoiler: Tagging ppl who I feel might know something
@
Pretty
@Pretty @
instigator
@instigator @
Ellipsis
@Ellipsis @
Reckless Turtle
@Reckless Turtle @
MaestheticMaso
@MaestheticMaso @
Ai Impact
@Ai Impact @
enchanted_elixir
@enchanted_elixir
just, why?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24410
god it is so over for this thread

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell
Start emailing people and build up a private clientele dont use one of those faggot websites that pay you 2cents
Actually hunt and look for people who are in need of the service quick google search all it takes

• Hmm...
Reactions: DelonLover1999
Upwork or Fiverr but don't have high hopes.

• +1
For only $5, Wheatwaffles will provide a face rating, analysis and looksmaxxing advice. | Included in the basic package (Package 1):1.100% honest Rating /102.No virtue signaling to 'save feelings'3.100% privacy guaranteed - everything to be seen by your eyes | Fiverr

For only $5, Wheatwaffles will provide a face rating, analysis and looksmaxxing advice. | Included in the basic package (Package 1):1.100% honest Rating /102.No virtue signaling to 'save feelings'3.100% privacy guaranteed - everything to be seen by your eyes | Fiverr
why are you polluting my threads?

Is it bcs I asked your favorite movies and ignored you? jfl i obviously didnt give a shit I was just joking around

This shit you’re doing is just annoying tbh. And so is most of your forum presence, frankly.

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 24410
why are you polluting my threads?

Is it bcs I asked your favorite movies and ignored you? jfl i obviously didnt give a shit I was just joking around

This shit you’re doing is just annoying tbh. And so is most of your forum presence, frankly.
82f99b93 ee04 4af9 9c42 d24aebc30c12

I’m quite confident in my writing abilities. Both in a technical, and creative sense. But I have yet to put these skills to good use.

Has anyone here ever dabbled in this field? Looking for remote opportunities only. Could be translating (EN to PT, and vice versa), copywriting, or any other type of writing job.

Lastly, is it worth taking a standard exam like TOEFL; IELTS; Cambridge, to put in your cv? I’m gonna have to take one anyway, in a couple of years.

@Pretty @instigator @Ellipsis @Reckless Turtle @MaestheticMaso @Ai Impact @enchanted_elixir
@garoupilled_
I would take a language standard test if you want to translate. Aim for C2. However good careers in translating ie working for an Embassy probably require a degree in that field. If it’s part time, look for ads and maybe check places like Fiver.

Copywriting is quite saturated now and with AI, it may become obsolete soon, however you need to start small and build up your reputation. You might have to work pro bono for a while.

Journalism is another area that might be interesting for you. Particularly news paper journalism. Once again though, you probably need a degree. If you want to write for the FT, you might need a finance/economics degree or at the very least a solid interest in those areas. Likewise with say science journals.

• +1
I would take a language standard test if you want to translate. Aim for C2. However good careers in translating ie working for an Embassy probably require a degree in that field. If it’s part time, look for ads and maybe check places like Fiver.

Copywriting is quite saturated now and with AI, it may become obsolete soon, however you need to start small and build up your reputation. You might have to work pro bono.

Journalism is another area that might be interesting for you. Particularly news paper journalism. Once again though, you probably need a degree. If you want to write for the FT, you might need a finance/economics degree or at the very least a solid interest in those areas. Likewise with say science journals.
True

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso

Copywriting is quite saturated now and with AI, it may become obsolete soon, however you need to start small and build up your reputation. You might have to work pro bono for a while.

And presumably if you want to become successful in these fields, you will need a solid education plus internships or relevant experience to join a reputable firm or work with clients who pay well. It’s the same with tutoring, 18 year olds like me can get only £10 per hour whilst first class degree Oxford Educated tutors charge £250 per hour in Knightsbridge. It’s about experience and reputation nowadays meaning you need to start at the bottom and work up unless you have nepotism on your side.

Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge or experience to help you out.