Are Bank Stocks Good? (NYSEcels advice needed)

Brus Wane

Brus Wane

A Man Is 1 of 3 Things: Bull, Incel or Cuckold
Citi (C) & Bank of America (BAC) are close to 52 week lows, pay a good dividend and have a "margin of safety".

JPM & Kikeman Sachs are way too high IMO.
Would you buy?

Also looking at Target (TGT). They should do fine after shutting down shops to get away from nigger criminals.

What stocks are you guys buying / holding?

I'm all about that dividend rn

Last edited:
Im buying yo mama stocks

High IQ OP, C and BAC and USB I've topped up big time over last few weeks.

Won't go near JPM or GS or MS. Way too pricey.

Also BARC will be interesting soon

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Corleone, Mr. President and Brus Wane
the banks will collapse dude be patient

Thanks man. I'm a newbie.
I'm trying to learn more about this type of thing.

Appreciate the input.
I sold my JPM for a small profit. Anytime that shit is sub $100 its time to load up the truck.
:unsure:
the banks will collapse dude be patient
:feelsree:

Appreciate the input.

I sold my JPM for a small profit. Anytime that shit is sub $100 its time to load up the truck.

just be patient. patients is key. dont just buy stuuf

tag in any future stocks post

• +1
Reactions: Brus Wane

Appreciate the input.

Idk what the price is right now, but any time a major US bank trades at less than 2/3of book value, is when u load the truck.

definitely not insider trading

how would banks go up if the market is falling? its down like 5% in the last month. better to just stick with bonds and money markets right?

Citi (C) & Bank of America (BAC) are close to 52 week lows, pay a good dividend and have a "margin of safety".

JPM & Kikeman Sachs are way too high IMO.
Would you buy?

Also looking at Target (TGT). They should do fine after shutting down shops to get away from nigger criminals.

What stocks are you guys buying / holding?

I'm all about that dividend rn
get a job instead

how would banks go up if the market is falling? its down like 5% in the last month. better to just stick with bonds and money markets right?
Large ass banks with decent management will recover and get back to business at some point.
At least I think it's fair to assume that as long as they're not LehmanBros or something.
The potential returns (dividends / capital appreciation) mog bonds.
get a job instead
Just slave & save depreciating pieces of paper theory. :lul:
Why not do both?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AngryShortMale
Bonds r fucked right now.

Market IMO could crash another 20% but BAC and C and USB won't, they might crash another 10%.

If they do fall with the market, great, just buy more cos they they r crazy cheap

• Woah

Market IMO could crash another 20% but BAC and C and USB won't, they might crash another 10%.

If they do fall with the market, great, just buy more cos they they r crazy cheap
how are bonds fucked if theyre 5.7+%? market can easily go down another 20% while u would make fixed income. although it probably wont crash that much since as soon as it goes down, all the people with bonds and money market funds will just buy the dip.

• Hmm...
how are bonds fucked if theyre 5.7+%? market can easily go down another 20% while u would make fixed income. although it probably wont crash that much since as soon as it goes down, all the people with bonds and money market funds will just buy the dip.
Bonds have crashed a lot already, if u want to sit holding them for the income, why not just put in a cash deposit and earn 5%?

Idk what the price is right now, but any time a major US bank trades at less than 2/3of book value, is when u load the truck.
"this time different theory?"
interest rates %, yield %, and inflation %. are kinda fucked up in ratio to each other, for banks at the moment, it seems. making them have sucky profit, if any profits. All these people whom fixed their mortgage last few years on real estate, at like 3% rate; and now banks needing to borrow at higher rates, and inflation being high. Makes for one shitty worthless "mortgage portfolio" that banks have, to use as collateral for the loans they take it.
imagine a business coming to you, wanting to loan 1 million usd at 5% rate, and they show as collateral a mortagage portfolio making them 3% interest (before all their costs), and the inflation is like 8% atm.
One sucky business. I would loan them jack shit. I would want a business to make at least between 10% to 15% annual profits on their stuff, to loan them against 5%. or maybe I'm retarded, in muh analysis.

For this reason. I think I would stay away from bank stocks still. And expecting more downside in them, or meh performance

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
"fixed income" of 5.7%, when inflation is 8%. Fuck that shit. Only makes sense, if one expects inflation to come down in the next period of that bond, to a good bit below that 5.7% yield.

• +1
"this time different theory?"
interest rates %, yield %, and inflation %. are kinda fucked up in ratio to each other, for banks at the moment, it seems. making them have sucky profit, if any profits. All these people whom fixed their mortgage last few years on real estate, at like 3% rate; and now banks needing to borrow at higher rates, and inflation being high. Makes for one shitty worthless "mortgage portfolio" that banks have, to use as collateral for the loans they take it.
imagine a business coming to you, wanting to loan 1 million usd at 5% rate, and they show as collateral a mortagage portfolio making them 3% interest (before all their costs), and the inflation is like 8% atm.
One sucky business. I would loan them jack shit. I would want a business to make at least between 10% to 15% annual profits on their stuff, to loan them against 5%. or maybe I'm retarded, in muh analysis.

For this reason. I think I would stay away from bank stocks still. And expecting more downside in them, or meh performance
Didn't fully read, but I certainly don't prescribe to normies and their this time different theory.

Discount rates in prime markets will increase, and these will rise to 15-18% from general 12-15% today.

Most likely outcome I see. At least for usa and uk is going to be prolonged inflation at the bottom end of wages and prices, and lower productivity (so a real if not nominal, recessjon) but I'm pricing in 5 years of Biden and Keir Starmer in that.

That said, GOOD banks, who KNOW how to price risk (jpm, cof, barc), or who generally are low risk (c), or well diversified and excessively provisioned (bac), will be fine cos they are priced at such a huge discount to asset value (obv not JPM)

• +1
Reactions: Brus Wane and eduardkoopman
Didn't fully read, but I certainly don't prescribe to normies and their this time different theory.

Discount rates in prime markets will increase, and these will rise to 15-18% from general 12-15% today.

Most likely outcome I see. At least for usa and uk is going to be prolonged inflation at the bottom end of wages and prices, and lower productivity (so a real if not nominal, recessjon) but I'm pricing in 5 years of Biden and Keir Starmer in that.

That said, GOOD banks, who KNOW how to price risk (jpm, cof, barc), or who generally are low risk (c), or well diversified and excessively provisioned (bac), will be fine cos they are priced at such a huge discount to asset value (obv not JPM)
based reply.

ngl. assesing the health of banks. aka, being able to read the balance sheets of banks, is pretty hard imo.
since banks, balance sheets are a bit different han companies balance sheets. How they value for example their blabla-rated mortgage loans portfolio, is not easy to check.

Damn u were right. They made me 8% in 3 weeks. Still good to buy more into now or too late?

• Love it
Damn u were right. They made me 8% in 3 weeks. Still good to buy more into now or too late?
Long term the majors will be in the 0.9-1 p/b range, so if they cheaper than that they good.

USbank and smaller prob long term will be in 0.8-0.9 range, unless trump is back, then they could be higher

• Love it
Long term the majors will be in the 0.9-1 p/b range, so if they cheaper than that they good.

USbank and smaller prob long term will be in 0.8-0.9 range, unless trump is back, then they could be higher
Good looks. Any other stocks to pick up asap?

Wow this really aged well 😃

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
U should be up 50% if u did what I said back in November
I went in big on C near the bottom

I bought BAC around 30 but yeah gains not too shabby

Wish i bought more