Are there really a lot of fighters / contact-sport athletes here? Do you want a me to disprove your doubts or concerns about implants and jaw surgery?

How many people here does this really apply to?

• I fight for sport

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • I fight in the street (either kick ass or get beat up, doesn't matter)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other contact sport

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Not a contact-athlete or fighter

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters
RealSurgerymax

RealSurgerymax

From .net
Contributor
When I first saw the concern about "Getting punched making my implants come out" (which is almost never going to happen short of a mortal injury) I thought it was an obscure concern because how many people really get punched in the face on a regular basis?

Well I am finding it is actually a very common question on these forums so I am wondering how many of you fight (MMA, or just street fighting LOL) or play contact sports.

If you want I can get to make a detailed thread which can help put your minds at ease.

If it is another contact sport tell me down there 👇

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Deleted member 6963, Gargantuan and 18 others
first again, another thread another cherry popping
@RealSurgerymax how does it feel having your thread's virginity taken?

Everyone after me gets my sloppy seconds you cucks

Edit: nvm i predict this thread won't blow up anyway JFL
sorry bro, I have chosen the wrong target

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Darkstrand and RealSurgerymax
first again, another thread another cherry popping
@RealSurgerymax how does it feel having your thread's virginity taken?

Everyone after me gets my sloppy seconds you cucks

Better than 0 replies.

Vote in poll

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, TheChosenChad and Deleted member 5891
dont think i would get surgery, but that would be a concern tbh

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
I play tackle football where there's a lot of tackling

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, aspieSavage and RealSurgerymax
I said some drunk fraud shit about mma when I was black-out hammered (which sure af wasn't true) but I've got several years of boxing and always wondered what would happen if I surgerymaxxed and continued sparring, it's always been one of my biggest concerns truthfully.

I'm genuinely curious what effect blunt force trauma has on bones with implants, what would happen if you were struck in the jaw or chin where an implant was fastened:
- would you be more likely to suffer a fracture or a break in that spot?
- would the implant tear from the impact at the points it's fastened?
- would the implant become displaced?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and randomvanish
i wonder this too but i guess no one can answer this question. it's a matter of physic rules.
implant screws are tiny so i doubt if it creates a huge impact to fracture jaw from that point. but who knows.

• +1
Reactions: kubo
I said some drunk fraud shit about mma when I was black-out hammered (which sure af wasn't true) but I've got several years of boxing and always wondered what would happen if I surgerymaxxed and continued sparring, it's always been one of my biggest concerns truthfully.

I'm genuinely curious what effect blunt force trauma has on bones with implants, what would happen if you were struck in the jaw or chin where an implant was fastened:
- would the implant tear from the impact at the points it's fastened?
- would the implant become displaced?
however, i must add that jaw fractures common with impacts.
So your jaw can be fractured without any kind of implants too. also implant can be a preventing tampon to spread that impacts power too.
i mean why a silicone implant would create a fracture more likely ?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet
True and good point about silicon implants possibly absorbing some impact damage, I hadn't thought of that but it sounds logical. I can't help but think the point where screws have been inserted would compromise the integrity of the bone but it's really hard to find x-rays of people AFTER their surgeries and full recovery to judge if the bone gets thinner at all in those areas.

More so than implants, what would happen to a fully recovered jaw that had undergone something like MMA (Maxillomandibular Advancement) previously, it sounds incredibly dangerous for fighting sports, but again x-ray photos are scarce post-recovery.

True and good point about silicon implants possibly absorbing some impact damage, I hadn't thought of that but it sounds logical. I can't help but think the point where screws have been inserted would compromise the integrity of the bone but it's really hard to find x-rays of people AFTER their surgeries and full recovery to judge if the bone gets thinner at all in those areas.

More so than implants, what would happen to a fully recovered jaw that had undergone something like MMA (Maxillomandibular Advancement) previously, it sounds incredibly dangerous for fighting sports, but again x-ray photos are scarce post-recovery.
surgeons say you can do contact sports after healing process. there is also 1 member who says doing mma with jaw angle implants as far as i remember.
and for the bone integrity part, we know that even giant screws inserted after osteotomies eventually absorbed by surronding bone wrapping.
also i saw eppley's blog, after a while jaw angle and jaw implants can be sunked by bony layer that created by the mandible.
So again i really doubt if implant can distrup the bone integrity with tiny screws.
also there is no report bone fractures with having an implants on it.

• +1
Reactions: kubo
@RealSurgerymax what are your thoughts on getting an impact while having implants on your face ? is there any study showing it's higher chances to get fractures with implants ?

@RealSurgerymax what are your thoughts on getting an impact while having implants on your face ? is there any study showing it's higher chances to get fractures with implants ?

This will be answered in dedicated thread now that I see the need.

But in general this shouldnt be a problem

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: jj43, Darkstrand, kubo and 1 other person
Tag me too pls

Extremely interested

• +1
Reactions: orthochadic
Could you please respond to my message on this sites sister site? Same username. Trying to figure out if I should take the plunge with an expensive maxfac surgeon. It was a message comparing consults with two surgeons. Sent on August 13th. sent a followup just now.

I'm getting ready to commit and start braces.

Last edited:
What about that user who got cheek implants and then continued to bone smash

Wouldn't getting hit regularly with implants contribute more to bone erosion?

I wanna know too, in the future i'll become a plastic nibba