Are These PEEK Implants ?

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
If so why he chosed peek i wonder ? Is peek somehow better than silicone/medpor ?

Bone resorption
is there any study or cases for that ? some doctors insists no difference between peek and silicone when it comes to erosion/resorption.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
@DatGuyYouLike

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
is there any study or cases for that ? some doctors insists no difference between peek and silicone when it comes to erosion/resorption.
try checking dr andreichevs insta, he had a video showing a patient of eppley that had a forehead implant and it was scary. Most of the bone was gone.

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: CursedOne, Deleted member 7125, Deleted member 4797 and 3 others
@Win200 @scalpel

try checking dr andreichevs insta, he had a video showing a patient of eppley that had a forehead implant and it was scary. Most of the bone was gone.
20210302 160649
wow brutallll

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: CursedOne, Deleted member 7125, everythingisacope and 1 other person
yeah i saw that but that guy isn't very reliable. i mean videos are real for sure but some cases with no fixation, implants can even make more than 5mm resorption.

also he's recently doing silicone implants too , check this out

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and Wallenberg
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
No for real, I saw a video of Joe Niamtu and he said that bone resorption occur when the implant is not fixated with screw.
Because it make micro-movement.
If the implant is secured with multiple screw, that won't likely happen ... i guess

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin, Deleted member 4797, LastHopeForNorman and 1 other person
here again he's promoting silicon implants ? wtf is this guy ?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and Wallenberg
yeah i saw that but that guy isn't very reliable. i mean videos are real for sure but some cases with no fixation, implants can even make more than 5mm resorption.

also he's recently doing silicone implants too , check this out

Dr A does silicone implants now? Cool. How good the results are? Cost? Why he doesn't post here?

Dr A does silicone implants now? Cool. How good the results are? Cost? Why he doesn't post here?
how you trust this guy ?

claimed "silicone is evil" and then he's doing it for patients?

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 4797, Mongrelcel and 1 other person
Ask him about why the change of opinion.

the answer is :

Rich Don Cheadle GIF by Showtime
but why not do peek? is it that much more expensive?

I mean, when you do a silicone implant there a 100% chance that the patient will come back mad that you damaged his skull

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
Silicone chin implants are frequently used in cosmetic surgery to enhance a harmonic face. Obtaining an aesthetically pleasing face is increasingly becoming more important for people, and a considerable part of this goal can be achieved through different aesthetic modifications of the chin. The purpose of this study was to analyze the presence of bone resorption after the insertion of silicone chin implants, with lateral chin radiographs. Fifteen patients were studied, all of whom had a chin silicone implant inserted at least 1 year ago using the same surgical technique. The surgery was done intraorally with insertion of the silicone implant under the periosteum of the chin. Fourteen patients presented bone erosion, with the maximum of 2.0 mm erosion. However, none of them manifested any symptoms of this erosion. In conclusion, even though the majority of the patients presented with bone erosion, the results were minimal and completely asymptomatic; thus, this technique produced an excellent final result.

This complication occurs because the chin is a very dynamic region, and it is exposed continually to the movements of the lips and mouth.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
the answer is :

Rich Don Cheadle GIF by Showtime
my guess is that you can use silicone on chin, jaw and gonions because the bone loss is around 2 mm. But forehread the bone is so thin that it will completly disappear when 2mm are gone

Holy shit eppley is such a jew

dr A literally made an insta post about EPPLEYS patient that almost had his forehead gone

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish

this is the post i was talkling about

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
my guess is that you can use silicone on chin, jaw and gonions because the bone loss is around 2 mm. But forehread the bone is so thin that it will completly disappear when 2mm are gone
i'm guessing silicone is not that "evil". i saw chin, jaw implants more than 15+ years as patient cases.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
but why not do peek? is it that much more expensive?

I mean, when you do a silicone implant there a 100% chance that the patient will come back mad that you damaged his skull
i heard it's way more expensive but not sure.

No for real, I saw a video of Joe Niamtu and he said that bone resorption occur when the implant is not fixated with screw.
Because it make micro-movement.
If the implant is secured with multiple screw, that won't likely happen ... i guess
joe niamtu is himself having implants in his face too.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe, Cardiologyscribe and BradAniston
i heard it's way more expensive but not sure.
but peek impants also cause bone loss no? everything does
its the micro-movements that destroy the bone no? they still happen even if the implant is fixed well

what I dont understand is how tf did that guy get his forehead destroyed to that degree - i mean, jaw and chin makes sense because its always moving, but fucking forehead?

• +1
Reactions: BradAniston
but peek impants also cause bone loss no? everything does
its the micro-movements that destroy the bone no? they still happen even if the implant is fixed well

what I dont understand is how tf did that guy get his forehead destroyed to that degree - i mean, jaw and chin makes sense because its always moving, but fucking forehead?
are we really sure it's fixed though ?

i saw researchs from 1960's about silicone implants, implants are not that dangerous but i feel like (from realself etc.) implants always cause bone resorption at some acceptable level. eppley called this as "implant settling", yaremchuk also claims something like that.
that research you shared belongs to yaremchuk & his friends.

besides , i trust guys like salieri&coceancig and they're using implants for years. salieri using regular silicone implants with fixation and with fixation there shouldn't be a significant resorption but not really sure about this either.

ps : i search through realself and read tons of researchs about implants, my thought based on those.

• +1

i saw researchs from 1960's about silicone implants, implants are not that dangerous but i feel like (from realself etc.) implants always cause bone resorption at some acceptable level. eppley called this as "implant settling", yaremchuk also claims something like that.

besides , i trust guys like salieri&coceancig and they're using implants for years. salieri using regular silicone implants with fixation and with fixation there shouldn't be a significant resorption but not really sure about this either.

ps : i search through realself and read tons of researchs about implants, my thought based on those.
yeah, thats what ive read too. Every surgeon says its safe, but then was dr A incorrect? How did those patients end up with so much bone loss.
And even 2 mm I feel like is a tremandous amount. Imagine losing 2 mm of forehead bone.

• +1

and that study was up to 10 years only. Youre gonna have the implant for your entire life no - 2mm by 10 years is a huge amount

• +1
and that study was up to 10 years only. Youre gonna have the implant for your entire life no - 2mm by 10 years is a huge amount
implants for life doesn't sound very logical too but there are cases more than 25+ years on realself, and eppley shared a patient with chin implant more than 40 years. (the guy was 70+ years old.)

i mean at some point, there should be a need for modification on that implant or maybe a need for replacement.

• +1
to be honest, i don't think i'm gonna have it more than 10 years anyway. i just need it now, and i'm planing to have something much more useful like complex osteotomies with an expensive surgeon like salieri after having implants for a while like 7+ years.

i won't expect a lifelong change but i will glad if that happens. that's my mentality.

i mean women getting tons of surgeries, why we should feel like there must only be 1 lifelong surgery?

implants for life doesn't sound very logical too but there are cases more than 25+ years on realself, and eppley shared a patient with chin implant more than 40 years. (the guy was 70+ years old.)

i mean at some point, there should be a need for modification on that implant or maybe a need for replacement.
why tho? it sounds so bad when you put it like that "you have to get your implants changed every 10 years"

something much more useful like complex osteotomies with an expensive surgeon like salieri
sure but some things cannot be done like that. You just have to get an implant - browridge, cheekbones, undereye etc..
those must be done with implant

Well, I think 2mm is really acceptable.
If you keep the implant for life then what's the problem ? You never gonna see the bone resorption

Well, I think 2mm is really acceptable.
If you keep the implant for life then what's the problem ? You never gonna see the bone resorption
but is it really "just" 2mm? that study was only up to 10 years

also 2mm is A LOT. maybe not jaw, but cheekbones or browridge? milimeters are miles on the face my friend

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 4797, LastHopeForNorman and 3 others
why tho? it sounds so bad when you put it like that "you have to get your implants changed every 10 years"
it is what it is. i wish there can only be 1 surgery ticket but in my case (kinda narrow lower third with asymmetry) i feel this is the only legit way.
i'm NOT gonna be whiny if it works tbh.

sure but some things cannot be done like that. You just have to get an implant - browridge, cheekbones, undereye etc..
those must be done with implant
that's true but i never see cheek bone related bone resorption. i haven't research that deep though.

i'm thinking like, i'll get a zygo implant and will check that every year with CT scans.

if i saw some significant resorption then i will consider ZSO with a legit, experienced, expensive doc.
meanwhile, i will earn more money and collect money as an insurance for osteotomy, if something goes wrong with implant.

i'm not saying this is very reasonable but it's the only way to ascend immediately to me. implants (especially jaw angle, chin) are cheap and easily recovered. osteotomy needs preparation and best doctors are just so expensive. not available for me for the next 5 years.

also 2mm is A LOT. maybe not jaw, but cheekbones or browridge? milimeters are miles on the face my friend
Yea but my point is: if you keep the implant after 10 years then it shouldn't be a problem because you're never gonna see the bone resorption.
So why do you guys worry about this ? Unless it's really huge and the bone start to disappear but it won't happen until your 40 or 50.

see the answers below. docs are always saying this. are all lying about it ? i'm not very sure about it.

Eppley says this, but dr A says that the process will continue until the implant is removed
Curious

Yea but my point is: if you keep the implant after 10 years then it shouldn't be a problem because you're never gonna see the bone resorption.
So why do you guys worry about this ? Unless it's really huge and the bone start to disappear but it won't happen until your 40 or 50.
bro 2 mm is really huge when it comes to browridge

• +1
bro 2 mm is really huge when it comes to browridge
Listen I have myself 3 silicon implant. And bone resorption occured because the implant, like eppley said, have to settle in the bone.
This is a normal process.

2mm over 10 year ok but did it occure during the first year or 0.2 mm every year ?

Listen I have myself 3 silicon implant. And bone resorption occured because the implant, like eppley said, have to settle in the bone.
This is a normal process.

2mm over 10 year ok but did it occure during the first year or 0.2 mm every year ?
there was a study from 1970s saying that implants WITHOUT fixation causing 0,1 bone resorption/month.

with fixation, afaik to doctors it won't be more than 2mm and that 2mm is only about implant imprinting.

• +1
Isnt there a way where the surgeon uses a Material that mergs with the bone overtime, so it adda bonemass. Ive red im somewhere

Isnt there a way where the surgeon uses a Material that mergs with the bone overtime, so it adda bonemass. Ive red im somewhere
implant fuse the bone through years and sometimes jaw itself creates bony overgrowth on it.

• Woah
Reactions: .👽.