Aren’t “functional results” also “aesthetic results”? (Bimax)

basedred

basedred

Bronze
I always hear people on here say “functional results” that’s a bit confusing tho. For example, if I needed bimax to fix my sleep apnea, wouldn’t the functional results also be aesthetic? Is there a huge difference between functional and aesthetic?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and thecel
I always hear people on here say “functional results” that’s a bit confusing tho. For example, if I needed bimax to fix my sleep apnea, wouldn’t the functional results also be aesthetic? Is there a huge difference between functional and aesthetic?
Bump

• +1
Reactions: thecel
they are correlated yes but cutting somebody up is not the same as growing right so your mileage may vary depending on base/luck/surgeon regarding aesthetics

• +1
Reactions: Agendum, Danish_Retard, basedred and 1 other person
they are correlated yes but cutting somebody up is not the same as growing right so your mileage may vary depending on base/luck/surgeon regarding aesthetics
Mileage? Meaning what?

• Hmm...
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
There is, a surgeon that only cares about a functional result will give you the minimum required advancement. Usually the advancement is eyeballed insanely enough.

These types of surgeons are the ones you get through insurance waitlists. They’re old fashioned and by the book so a lot of them will make you get pre-surgical orthodontics and extractions. Some surgeons will opt for a surgery first approach but it’s not very common.
Bimax is more functional then aesthetic so most of the aesthetic benefits comes from the genioplasty usually performed alongside Bimax, the thing is some of these “functional” surgeons are so retarded they won’t perform genio along side the Bimax.

An aesthetics focused surgeon is a surgeon who values aesthetic outcomes, this usually means bigger advancement, incorporating CCW or CW, a maxillary downgraft, Jaw Widening and specific techniques that usually lead to better results aesthetically. A surgeon like this is much more expensive but if it’s financial feasible you’ll get a much better ROI compared to going with a traditional jaw surgeon.

Also just because a surgeon has a sense for aesthetics doesn’t mean you should leave the entire planning process to them, research facial aesthetics yourself and be open to your surgeon about the kind of result you want

• +1
Reactions: Agendum, Deleted member 24002, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 4 others
There is, a surgeon that only cares about a functional result will give you the minimum required advancement. Usually the advancement is eyeballed insanely enough.

These types of surgeons are the ones you get through insurance waitlists. They’re old fashioned and by the book so a lot of them will make you get pre-surgical orthodontics and extractions. Some surgeons will opt for a surgery first approach but it’s not very common.
Bimax is more functional then aesthetic so most of the aesthetic benefits comes from the genioplasty usually performed alongside Bimax, the thing is some of these “functional” surgeons are so retarded they won’t perform genio along side the Bimax.

An aesthetics focused surgeon is a surgeon who values aesthetic outcomes, this usually means bigger advancement, incorporating CCW or CW, a maxillary downgraft, Jaw Widening and specific techniques that usually lead to better results aesthetically. A surgeon like this is much more expensive but if it’s financial feasible you’ll get a much better ROI compared to going with a traditional jaw surgeon.

Also just because a surgeon has a sense for aesthetics doesn’t mean you should leave the entire planning process to them, research facial aesthetics yourself and be open to your surgeon about the kind of result you want
in my experience surgeons always go the safest way. meaning if you‘re some clueless normie with sleep apnea they will try to change ur face as minimal as possible. but if you‘re some autistic psler and you tell them exactly how you want it, they will actually listen and cooperate with your wishes. So you are absolutely right, study facial aesthetics urself and then do the planing together with your surgeon.

I dont really think the surgeon matters aslong as he is experienced and knowledgeable, because its not like alfrado cuts your bone better than your local surgeon. The only and most important diffrence is the planning that varies from surgeon to surgeon.

btw the jaw cannot be really widend with bimax or atleast any sane surgeon wouldnt perform it. Only with a chin wing and that is questionable for most. Most of the time they just accept the minimal widening anyone gains from a regular bimax and leave it at that.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and Deleted member 20631
in my experience surgeons always go the safest way. meaning if you‘re some clueless normie with sleep apnea they will try to change ur face as minimal as possible. but if you‘re some autistic psler and you tell them exactly how you want it, they will actually listen and cooperate with your wishes. So you are absolutely right, study facial aesthetics urself and then do the planing together with your surgeon.

I dont really think the surgeon matters aslong as he is experienced and knowledgeable, because its not like alfrado cuts your bone better than your local surgeon. The only and most important diffrence is the planning that varies from surgeon to surgeon.

btw the jaw cannot be really widend with bimax or atleast any sane surgeon wouldnt perform it. Only with a chin wing and that is questionable for most. Most of the time they just accept the minimal widening anyone gains from a regular bimax and leave it at that.
Will surgeons actually listen to your input tho? Like if it told a regular bimax surgeon that I wanted a further advancement, would he listen?

Will surgeons actually listen to your input tho? Like if it told a regular bimax surgeon that I wanted a further advancement, would he listen?

My surgeon literally was asking me how much lower jaw advancement I wanted, so he could determine if lower + braces pushing upper teeth forward + genio is enough or djs + genio.

My surgeon literally was asking me how much lower jaw advancement I wanted, so he could determine if lower + braces pushing upper teeth forward + genio is enough or djs + genio.
How much advancement is typically needed to see significant aesthetic improvement?

• +1
Reactions: basedred
Being healthy = good looking . When will you retards learn .

I dont really think the surgeon matters aslong as he is experienced and knowledgeable, because its not like alfrado cuts your bone better than your local surgeon
your local surgeon won't even know what ccw is

your local surgeon won't even know what ccw is
ccw is basically just anterior rotation, nothing too special nor unknown. Any jaw surgeon intelligence mogs a looksmaxer to death, stop thinking your smarter than them.

How much advancement is typically needed to see significant aesthetic improvement?
depends on how recessed/asymmetrical you are, and on your malocclusion.

ccw is basically just anterior rotation, nothing too special nor unknown. Any jaw surgeon intelligence mogs a looksmaxer to death, stop thinking your smarter than them.
do they do it? no

just look at average insurance result and you'll have your answer

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
do they do it? no

just look at average insurance result and you'll have your answer
holy fuck you‘re right. i looked at the results of an german insurance jaw website and these jews didnt do shit i only saw linear advancements. gotta force my local insurance surgeon to do ccw on me then

• Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
It’s over if you’re getting your bimax from insurance. From the wait list, to the required pre-surgery orthodontics, to the actual result (which will dissapoint), this route is only feasible for people with severe recession.

• +1
Reactions: basedred and depressionmaxxing