Astaxanthin: a natural alternative for finasteride?

its_over

its_over

Beauty = health indicators
Last month my dermatologist told me that astaxanthin has a similar effect to finasteride
The thing is finasteride lowers DHT but at the same time increases estradiol
Instead my derm showed me a study where astaxanthin significantly decreased DHT and estradiol at the same time. This could potentially mean no side effect such as gyno, water retention and worse libido
Tomorrow I’ll do a blood test to see my DHT and estradiol levels
next week I’ll start a massive dose of astaxanthin and I’ll report my new levels

PUBMED study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2525623/

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39692
nah drugs are better

nah drugs are better
Last month my dermatologist told me that astaxanthin has a similar effect to finasteride
Instead my derm showed me a study where astaxanthin significantly decreased DHT and estradiol at the same time. This could potentially mean no side effect such as gyno, water retention and worse libido
next week I’ll start a massive dose of astaxanthin and I’ll report my new levels

Bump

What does the 800 mg or 2000 mg mean in the study?

You can buy astaxanthin usually in 2, 4 or 8 mg capsules? How much'd you need of it in mg? It doesn't say a word about it.

• +1
Reactions: betrayed by 5‘8
What does the 800 mg or 2000 mg mean in the study?

You can buy astaxanthin usually in 2, 4 or 8 mg capsules? How much'd you need of it in mg? It doesn't say a word about it.
true lol am I supposed to take 100 pills everyday lol

true lol am I supposed to take 100 pills everyday lol

Nah, I think they used a mix blend of sth, that had asta in it. There was also saw palmetto in it and other stuff probably, it's mentioned in the study. Bad thing they didn't describe the exact ingredients. I don't think they gave them 100s or 1000s of mg asta.

• +1
Reactions: buflek
Nah, I think they used a mix blend of sth, that had asta in it. There was also saw palmetto in it and other stuff probably, it's mentioned in the study. Bad thing they didn't describe the exact ingredients. I don't think they gave them 100s or 1000s of mg asta.
yeah I wanted to buy it to try it but its not aviable yet in a good dose right?

yeah I wanted to buy it to try it but its not aviable yet in a good dose right?

Astaxanthin on its own? I don't think you need 800 or 2000 mg for the dht lowering effect and they didn't use that amount in the study either

if you do take it please update us

Astaxanthin on its own? I don't think you need 800 or 2000 mg for the dht lowering effect and they didn't use that amount in the study either
They only tested these doses tho ?

They only tested these doses tho ?

But read the study! They used some blend mix, that contained some astaxanthin and other stuff too. So not just 800 or 2000 mg asta on it's own, but it had other ingredients too. And they don't specify how much was in it of each ingredients.

• +1
Reactions: buflek
But read the study! They used some blend mix, that contained some astaxanthin and other stuff too. So not just 800 or 2000 mg asta on it's own, but it had other ingredients too. And they don't specify how much was in it of each ingredients.
they used saw palmetto and astaxanthin.

Alphastat® Mytosterone is a mix of both. so astaxanthin as standalone might do nothing

No , you need to take a high amount of that to have a real effect on serum dht levels

also finastride to more things then blocking dht that has a good effect on hair