[Bimax 2 weeks post op] Why did my chin end less pointed than in the surgical plan?

ren

ren

gibby is the OG gigachad
Reposting this cuz I posted in the wrong spot.

I had bimax (wtih sliding genioplasty) 2 weeks ago so I'm still swollen as shit.

I noticed that my chin seems a lot flatter than I expected it to be. I'm fine with the position of the chin, but the lack of a mentolabial fold makes it seem like I don't have a chin at all. I asked about this on reddit and people claimed that it is due to swelling, but I've never seen swelling make someone's chin appear flatter.

Pic on the right is the simulation made by surgeon.
Screenshot 2024 04 25 at 63642 PM
IMG 0635

X-ray taken 1 week postop.
Screenshot 2024 04 25 at 64243 PM

you got a trimax so it would be strange to have poor chin projection afterwards. Although looking at the x-ray your chin could have been moved forward more. It could be the swelling in the mentalobial area making the bottom of the chin not look like it's protruding. I would ask your surgeon about this though

• +1
Reactions: Bitchslayer and ren
you got a trimax so it would be strange to have poor chin projection afterwards. Although looking at the x-ray your chin could have been moved forward more. It could be the swelling in the mentalobial area making the bottom of the chin not look like it's protruding. I would ask your surgeon about this though
What should the tip of the chin align with in order for it to be perfectly positioned?

• +1
Reactions: mirrormogger
What should the tip of the chin align with in order for it to be perfectly positioned?
there’s no real “ideal” for it but my chin naturally protrudes more so the genio could’ve moved it forward a bit further while still looking normal
IMG 6762

this is what ideal chin for me would like though

• +1
Reactions: ren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back