Black woman kills white man attacking her wife in Louisville, KY

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
This seems adjacent to the Carlisha Hood situation except in this case, it was a white man that was choking the wife of Daiyah Wilson after he attacked both Wilson and her wife. Wilson was not charged by the grand jury, however, she is being harassed and threatened by his family and someone broke into her apartment.

All of the news coverage seemed to center the attacker and his family as victims even though there is video footage showing otherwise.

Wilson's TikTok is here:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
A Jefferson County grand jury has decided not to indict the person who shot a 21-year-old at a local animal clinic.

"At the end of the day, I don't know what to think about this," said Trent Taylor Sr.

Trent Taylor was shot on May 14 during an altercation at Shively Animal Hospital and Clinic on Dixie Highway, officials said. He was an employee there.

Shortly after it happened, Shively police indicated that the shooting may have happened out of self-defense.

The Commonwealth's Attorney's Office said in a news release Wednesday the grand jury considered second-degree manslaughter and reckless homicide charges for the shooter, but a "no true" bill was returned, meaning there was not enough evidence to support the charges.

The release said evidence showed Taylor was shot and killed after "he was the initial aggressor" against the shooter and her spouse.

They referenced video they say supported the narrative that Taylor initiated "various levels of violent force against (the shooter) and her spouse before (the shooter) used deadly force in self-defense."

"My son died over a dog. Over a woman who couldn't pay the bill for her dog, that's why my son is dead – over a dog," said Taylor Sr.

We are not naming the shooter as she is not facing any charges.

David Mour, the attorney representing the family, says he believes the case wasn't pushed hard enough.

"I can assure you if the prosecutor believed in this and took it to the grand jury and pushed that, there would have been an indictment if they wanted an indictment to ensue," Mour said.

Mour says the family plans on filing a civil lawsuit against the shooter in the coming weeks.

WLKY 6/21/2023

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
The woman cleared in the shooting death of a worker at the Shively Animal Clinic is speaking out after no charges were brought against her.

On Wednesday, a grand jury chose not to bring charges against the woman, finding that the shooting of 21-year-old Trent Taylor was in self-defense.

The Commonwealth Attorney's Office said evidence showed Taylor was the initial aggressor against the woman and her spouse back in May at the clinic.

WLKY News spoke with the woman Wednesday night, but we are not identifying her since she is not charged in the case.

She told us that she feared for her and her wife's lives and that's why she shot Taylor.

But she wanted the family and the community to hear her side of the story, and says that she regrets what happened.

"A lot of sleepless nights, a lot of days where my mind is just jumbled up, a lot of tears. It's created a barrier within our household relationships. Family, relationship, friends. So it's just different. It's hard," the woman said about how she felt following the shooting.

"Everybody has a side to their story. And although something tragic happened, it wasn't purposeful, it wasn't premeditated, it wasn't planned. I mean, of course, they (the family) don't have him here anymore, but I don't want them to hold on to this for the rest of their lives with the understanding that everybody has their story," she said.

The grand jury was asked to review the case and consider charges of manslaughter second-degree and reckless homicide, but they did not return an indictment.

WLKY 6/22/2023

Based sheboon, more T than the whole forum combined