[BOTB] How to fix posture for proper craniofacial developpement

alriodai

alriodai

I am the dude on my profile picture (really)
if you're mewing chewing hard mewing or doing any of theses type of copes none of it will work if you haven't got your posture fixed and figured out, many people don't fix posture because the info on the internet is so fucking shitty and vague

Outside of the "mewing blabla" thing, fixing your posture should be a must because it literally removes a 2 or 3 inches from your height, and also makes you look worse in pictures

What you should do is fixing it step by step, it starts with the anterior pelvic tilt, rounded shoulders and fucked up head posture/tilt, you cannot fix head posture without fixing rounded shoulders, and cannot fix rounded shoulders without APT

This should be your routine daily, don't think of it as some things you do 2 or 3 days, you should implent it like how you drink, eat, sleep, open and shitpost on this forum, it literally will take you 20/30 minutes daily compared to 1 hour of browsing mindlessly on .org

Anterior Pelvic Tilt
EXCESSIVE CURVE IN THE LOW BACK, PELVIS IS TILTED FORWARD:

Overactive muscles are the: Iliopsoas (hip flexors) Erector spinae (low back)
Underactive muscles: Abdominals gluteus maximus
Stretches you need: kneeling hip flexor, quadriceps stretch, quadriceps self-myofascial release, hug knees to chest
Strengthening exercises you should do to fix it: Pelvic tilt to bridge, single-leg glute bridge, exercise-ball hip bridge, leg-elevated crunch, frog sit-up

Theses exercises for the APT doesn't need any equipement (on the videos), the videos are mostly under a minute so check them out and do them

ROUNDED SHOULDERS
Overactive muscles: Pectoralis major (chest), Pectoralis minor (chest)
Stretches: Front deltoid stretch elbows-back stretch chest stretch on stability ball dynamic chest stretch chair upper-body stretch
Underactive muscles: Rotator cuff, lower trapezius, serratus anterior
Strengthening exercises: Seated cable row, back fly with band, shoulder external rotation, rear- delt row

The exercises I cited for the rounded shoulders need mostly the gym to make sure to get rid of it, however there is several exercises on the internet on how to do it without equipement but it won't be as effective, the best one is to open your door, put your hands on both of ball of the door and try to move strecthing your shoulders outwards, or take a stick and try to put is as far away from behind as possible, it will be super hard to do and will not be as effectived as the strengthening exercises I cited

FORWARD HEAD POSTURE
FORWARD HEAD, THE EARS IN FRONT OF SHOULDERS
Overactive muscles: Neck extensors, upper trapezius levator scapula
Stretches: Neck self-myofascial release chin to chest sternocleidomastoid stretch
Underactive muscles: Neck flexors
Strengthening exercises: Isometric front-neck exercise

After fixing your APT alongside your rounded shoulders, your forward head posture should logically get a bit better, but to make sure it's perfect (and it's the most important for cranio facial developpement) you need to basically:
- Chin tuck
- Basic neck exercises we've seen thousands of them on the forum (lifting yoru neck up and down while siting in your bed, using dumbells if you wanna have a bigger neck but fixing all of theses shoulds give you a better neck in general)

PREVENTION
If you're a goofball gamer just like me and think you might re fuck your posture after fixing all of theses, I advice you to:
- Do basic stretches every hour of sitting/gaming for 10 or 15 minutes
- Get yourself an Noblechairs Hero, which is the best chair for sitting/gaming or doing office shit
https://www.noblechairs.com/fr-fr/hero-series/gaming-chaise-pu-cuir (this is in french, you can find it in other languages)

This thread in my opinion is better than the BOTB one about how to fix "posture" since it's more complete, good luck on fixing your posture.
This journey of fixing posture should take 6 months at best for super significant results, the time depend on how fucked up your posture is in the first place

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Pride, Roge, Laikyn and 22 others
nice thread, but 2-3 inches is an overestimate for sure

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, twilight and 4 others
very good thread

another reason for that curved back is the lack of good lats, strong spinal erector muscles and a strong lower back.
but yeah the primary ones you have mentioned in the OP.

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_
no it isnt
try it for yourself, get into perfect posture like you're holding frame. you will be 2 inches taller at minimum

• Woah
Reactions: LowTrust
i agree, 3-4 inches is for the most brutal
i think the average fucked up posture guy reading this thread will gain at most 2 inches but will gain minimum at least 1,5 inch of fixing his posture
but height gain isn't what matter the most, your face will develop more properly and that's what's more important, your frame will also be way better

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: GalacticHero and LowTrust
@enchanted_elixir put this in BOTB

There are more factors but this is a good start I guess

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: capybara and Deleted member 29078
if you're mewing chewing hard mewing or doing any of theses type of copes none of it will work if you haven't got your posture fixed and figured out, many people don't fix posture because the info on the internet is so fucking shitty and vague

Outside of the "mewing blabla" thing, fixing your posture should be a must because it literally removes a 2 or 3 inches from your height, and also makes you look worse in pictures

What you should do is fixing it step by step, it starts with the anterior pelvic tilt, rounded shoulders and fucked up head posture/tilt, you cannot fix head posture without fixing rounded shoulders, and cannot fix rounded shoulders without APT

This should be your routine daily, don't think of it as some things you do 2 or 3 days, you should implent it like how you drink, eat, sleep, open and shitpost on this forum, it literally will take you 20/30 minutes daily compared to 1 hour of browsing mindlessly on .org

Anterior Pelvic Tilt
EXCESSIVE CURVE IN THE LOW BACK, PELVIS IS TILTED FORWARD:

Overactive muscles are the: Iliopsoas (hip flexors) Erector spinae (low back)
Underactive muscles: Abdominals gluteus maximus
Stretches you need: kneeling hip flexor, quadriceps stretch, quadriceps self-myofascial release, hug knees to chest
Strengthening exercises you should do to fix it: Pelvic tilt to bridge, single-leg glute bridge, exercise-ball hip bridge, leg-elevated crunch, frog sit-up

Theses exercises for the APT doesn't need any equipement (on the videos), the videos are mostly under a minute so check them out and do them

ROUNDED SHOULDERS
Overactive muscles: Pectoralis major (chest), Pectoralis minor (chest)
Stretches: Front deltoid stretch elbows-back stretch chest stretch on stability ball dynamic chest stretch chair upper-body stretch
Underactive muscles: Rotator cuff, lower trapezius, serratus anterior
Strengthening exercises: Seated cable row, back fly with band, shoulder external rotation, rear- delt row

The exercises I cited for the rounded shoulders need mostly the gym to make sure to get rid of it, however there is several exercises on the internet on how to do it without equipement but it won't be as effective, the best one is to open your door, put your hands on both of ball of the door and try to move strecthing your shoulders outwards, or take a stick and try to put is as far away from behind as possible, it will be super hard to do and will not be as effectived as the strengthening exercises I cited

FORWARD HEAD POSTURE
FORWARD HEAD, THE EARS IN FRONT OF SHOULDERS
Overactive muscles: Neck extensors, upper trapezius levator scapula
Stretches: Neck self-myofascial release chin to chest sternocleidomastoid stretch
Underactive muscles: Neck flexors
Strengthening exercises: Isometric front-neck exercise

After fixing your APT alongside your rounded shoulders, your forward head posture should logically get a bit better, but to make sure it's perfect (and it's the most important for cranio facial developpement) you need to basically:
- Chin tuck
- Basic neck exercises we've seen thousands of them on the forum (lifting yoru neck up and down while siting in your bed, using dumbells if you wanna have a bigger neck but fixing all of theses shoulds give you a better neck in general)

PREVENTION
If you're a goofball gamer just like me and think you might re fuck your posture after fixing all of theses, I advice you to:
- Do basic stretches every hour of sitting/gaming for 10 or 15 minutes
- Get yourself an Noblechairs Hero, which is the best chair for sitting/gaming or doing office shit
https://www.noblechairs.com/fr-fr/hero-series/gaming-chaise-pu-cuir (this is in french, you can find it in other languages)

This thread in my opinion is better than the BOTB one about how to fix "posture" since it's more complete, good luck on fixing your posture.
This journey of fixing posture should take 6 months at best for super significant results, the time depend on how fucked up your posture is in the first place

Needs 20 reacts or more for botb eligibility

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and alriodai
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GalacticHero, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 17595 and 1 other person
What about belts to fix posture? Are they a scam?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17595
I made a detailed thread a year ago about this that got deleted. Your posture doesn't get fixed by terminally doing stretching or strengthening. Muscles are weak or tight in the first place because they are under/overly recruited, they are not under recruited because weak, common misconception. Exercises are palliative.

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: GalacticHero, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and alriodai
I made a detailed thread a year ago about this that got deleted. Your posture doesn't get fixed by terminally doing stretching or strengthening. Muscles are weak or tight in the first place because they are under/overly recruited, they are not under recruited because weak, common misconception. Exercises are palliative

seems like youre knowledgable could you please give us some tips on improving posture? maybe you have the post saved somewhere?

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero
I made a detailed thread a year ago about this that got deleted. Your posture doesn't get fixed by terminally doing stretching or strengthening. Muscles are weak or tight in the first place because they are under/overly recruited, they are not under recruited because weak, common misconception. Exercises are palliative.
so what to do?

@Rollie Pollie @xxxxxxxxxxxxxx maybe maybe i'll do a thread in the future about the mechanics, just understand that your feet are your sensory poles for muscle activation and that activation is bilateral, meaning there are two chains(upper left with down right and viceversa, think about walking pattern and arm swinging), depriving your feet from certain sensory information registered with pronation (i.e glutemax activation, counter upperside oblique etc...) supination and heel strike could lead to imbalanced muscle activation that causes lateral pelvic tilt or balanced deficit that could lead to bilateral extension(anterior pelvic tilt).
Anyway, static excercises are useless since you need to retrain patterns while you breath(you breath when moving, which diaphram you activate is relevant in the equation), you can do it either by pri exercises(maybe look into them, won't vouch since didn't do the long enough, i'm impatient), compensate with orthopedic insoles(if your ortho is competent otherwise your fucked) or simply, as i do, act directly on the sensory input utilizing shallow footwear like decent barefoot shoes. Remember that a small degree of asymmetry is always going to be there because of uneven organ distribution therefore uneven diaphram size that regulates breating patterns while moving(therefore muscle engagement), that however shouldn't cause discomfort.
Looksmax wise, for potential height gains i'd expect .5-1 inch, 1.5 is your posture is very fucked. Again, if you use shallow footwear its going to be negated but you'll look better and feel better. However having good posture and good lumbar curve means no stress on the spine, therefore less overall compression, less waterloss and less heightloss from morning to evening.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: GalacticHero, Deleted member 21796, Deleted member 17920 and 1 other person
@Rollie Pollie @xxxxxxxxxxxxxx maybe maybe i'll do a thread in the future about the mechanics, just understand that your feet are your sensory poles for muscle activation and that activation is bilateral, meaning there are two chains(upper left with down right and viceversa, think about walking pattern and arm swinging), depriving your feet from certain sensory information registered with pronation (i.e glutemax activation, counter upperside oblique etc...) supination and heel strike could lead to imbalanced muscle activation that causes lateral pelvic tilt or balanced deficit that could lead to bilateral extension(anterior pelvic tilt).
Anyway, static excercises are useless since you need to retrain patterns while you breath(you breath when moving, which diaphram you activate is relevant in the equation), you can do it either by pri exercises(maybe look into them, won't vouch since didn't do the long enough, i'm impatient), compensate with orthopedic insoles(if your ortho is competent otherwise your fucked) or simply, as i do, act directly on the sensory input utilizing shallow footwear like decent barefoot shoes. Remember that a small degree of asymmetry is always going to be there because of uneven organ distribution therefore uneven diaphram size that regulates breating patterns while moving(therefore muscle engagement), that however shouldn't cause discomfort.
Looksmax wise, for potential height gains i'd expect .5-1 inch, 1.5 is your posture is very fucked. Again, if you use shallow footwear its going to be negated but you'll look better and feel better. However having good posture and good lumbar curve means no stress on the spine, therefore less overall compression, less waterloss and less heightloss from morning to evening.
Just repost the thread u did last year

that sounds like gold, please repost it

you cant fix posture if your skull development is fucked up from the bad posture jfl

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Day1 pelvic tilt: :yes: