Botox has completely ruined my health

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Nine months have passed and I'm still weak, have blurred vision and can't breathe properly. My respiratory muscles still don't function properly after all this time and I honestly don't expect to ever get back to normal at this point. It baffles me how anyone can deny how dangerous botox truly is.

Botulinum neurotoxin A is one of the most potent neurotoxins known to man, with long lasting serious effects on neuromuscular junctions. There's no drug or treatment that can reverse its effects and any degree of recovery is mainly due to compensation mechanisms such as upregulation of postsynaptic nACh receptors, decreased acetylcholinesterase levels and axonal sprouting. The toxin however remains mostly unaffected inside affected nerve terminals indefinitely and is hardly metabolized because deubiquitinating enzymes prevent its degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. It does not suddenly become inactive after a few months as you're made to believe. Unless we found a way to inhibit VCIP135 and USP9X, there's nothing you can do to get it out of the body. You can accelerate the sprouting process with IGF-1, IGF-2 and CNTF, use AChE inhibitors and potassium channel blockers to relieve symptoms temporarily but you can't do anything to actively get botox out of your nervous system. The only available "antidotes" for botulism - heptavalent botulism antitoxin and trivalent botulinum antitoxin - can only neutralize botulinum toxin still circulating in the bloodstream and are useless against toxin that has reached the nerve endings.

Botulism treatment mainly consists of supportive care, antibiotics (if caused by bacterial infection, not injections) and antitoxin therapy. Patients often require mechanical ventilation and hospitalization for several months. Recovery of type A botulism is extremely slow and not always complete. On top of that, botulism is often misdiagnosed and botulism caused by cosmetic botox injections is disregarded 99% of the time. You're more likely to hit the lottery jackpot than to be correctly diagnosed. Cosmetic botulism symptoms are often blamed on anxiety or depression. Blood tests can't detect botulism. Good luck trying to convince any doctor to examine you for iatrogenic botulism if you experience muscle weakness, constipation, shortness of breath, blurred vision, dry mouth and trouble swallowing after your quarterly anti-wrinkle treatment. They always deny that cosmetic botox injections can cause serious illness. There may be only a handful of doctors worldwide who know and admit that botulinum toxin therapy isn't safe and can in fact cause botulism.

Open your eyes already and learn from my mistakes. Never get botox. Also, putting fillers, finasteride & Co. and botox in the same box is like comparing a squirt gun from Walmart to a super heavy tank

"M-muh d-d-doctor says it's perfectly safe and and I trust him with my life because he cares about m-m-my well-being" :soy::soy::soy:

• So Sad
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, Deleted member 4946, Patient A and 15 others
do not eat expired canned food, kids

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot and AlwaysHaveQuestions
9c5d58093df9af3fb3cf10062e5c5b41

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, Patient A, 5'8manlet and 1 other person
do not eat expired canned food, kids
Commercially canned food products carry almost no risk for contamination with c. botulinum, even if expired. The danger lies in improper home canning of low acid foods

• +1
Reactions: Bitch
Lol @ getting rat poison injecting in your face for wrinkles. Just be an incel like me. I make so few facial expressions, and never even move my forehead muscles to the point that I won't get wrinkles until maybe 80. My parents don't have any at 50

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: valhalar, Acromegaly_Chad, 5'8manlet and 2 others
Lol @ getting rat poison injecting in your face for wrinkles. Just be an incel like me. I make so few facial expressions, and never even move my forehead muscles to the point that I won't get wrinkles until maybe 80. My parents don't have any at 50
I never had botox to eliminate wrinkles, I did it to alter the position of my eyebrows. But yeah, lol at me for being so stupid and trusting mainstream information instead of doing my own research before going through with it

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, 5'8manlet, Lmao and 2 others
muscle weakness, constipation, shortness of breath, blurred vision, dry mouth and trouble swallowing
I literally have these symptoms but never injected botox :( thought about it but you convinced me otherwise. Doctors are so useless here they dont diagnose shit its so frustrating

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Well yeah, it's literally the poison that causes botulism. Don't know why you'd get it unless you're a retarded post wall white woman

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I literally have these symptoms but never injected botox :( thought about it but you convinced me otherwise. Doctors are so useless here they dont diagnose shit its so frustrating
Have you eaten any home canned foods, an open wound that got dirt in it, used drugs or eye drops containing atropine, cyclopentolate or homatropine, meclozine, scopolamine, antihistamines, tricyclic antidepressants, neuroleptics or anticonvulsants? For how long have you had these issues? Did they arise suddenly or build up over time? Can you pinpoint any possible trigger?

Don't know why you'd get it unless you're a retarded post wall white woman
Because they (mainstream sources and plastic surgeons) tell you it's completely safe, used only in low doses, won't spread beyond the injection site and lasts only for a few months when in reality only the second statement is true

• So Sad
Reactions: looksmaxxtocope
@OldVirgin is a botox surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 5786
is it safer if it's not near the brain like what you did? such as the jaw or lip area

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Botox contains very small doses of the toxin that only have local effect, although there was a doctor who bought bulk botulinum toxin used for research, hoping to save money and paralyzed four of his patients by injecting too much in them.

"M-muh d-d-doctor says it's perfectly safe and and I trust him with my life because he cares about m-m-my well-being" :soy::soy::soy:
lol nobody says this though

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Botox contains very small doses of the toxin that only have local effect, although there was a doctor who bought bulk botulinum toxin used for research, hoping to save money and paralyzed four of his patients by injecting too much in them.
:soy::soy::soy:

Over It Reaction GIF

• Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar
I never had botox to eliminate wrinkles, I did it to alter the position of my eyebrows. But yeah, lol at me for being so stupid and trusting mainstream information instead of doing my own research before going through with it
Oh shit yeah I remember your rate me pictures from last year, I told you you looked good I remember you had mogger dimorphic brow ridge and good eyebrows

@lasthope inb4 you get botox done