Brutal postacne

M

MikeShinoda

Iron
Is it over for me? 19 y/o, 6'4, live in not most competitive region but have terrible, just terrible postacne. Deal with acne from 13, currently end my acutane course - should started it 5 years ago but was totally dependent on my parents and they just don't care or ignorant, i don't know...
Don't have any social or romantical life - can guess why. Skipped my prom (well, I'm not regret it), don't have any photos.
Someone dealt with such SEVERE postacne? Or it just basically meaningless at this point?
Sorry for bad English.
Upload 2024 05 21 14 16 58 479

• So Sad
Reactions: trueceI
not at all ur just out of the dating game till the PIH clears up and u lose fat, use glycolic acid 6 percetn twice a week, wear sunscreen, use tazarotene 4 nights a week (start a twice a week) , azelaic acid twice a week in morning, maybe take oral liposomal vit c twice a day and in 3 months it should be gone completely and ull have better skin than before the acne

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff and lastdex1
i noticed the boxcars if glycolic and taz doesnt clear it up try laser or chemical peels at the derma office, maybe microneedle at 1 mm once/twice a month until then

not at all ur just out of the dating game till the PIH clears up and u lose fat, use glycolic acid 6 percetn twice a week, wear sunscreen, use tazarotene 4 nights a week (start a twice a week) , azelaic acid twice a week in morning, maybe take oral liposomal vit c twice a day and in 3 months it should be gone completely and ull have better skin than before the acne
Idk how good this routine is, I am still dealing with active acne but even with my scars and acne I am not even close to as hopeless as you seem. Your case isn't that bad and would easily improve to 90% with a routine and scar treatments and im sure even more with time and more treatments @MikeShinoda

• +1
Reactions: MikeShinoda and BrahminBoss
Idk how good this routine is, I am still dealing with active acne but even with my scars and acne I am not even close to as hopeless as you seem. Your case isn't that bad and would easily improve to 90% with a routine and scar treatments and im sure even more with time and more treatments @MikeShinoda
tretinoin and glycolic is an amazing combo and actually reduces even atrophic scarring

• +1
Reactions: lastdex1 and MikeShinoda
@BrahminBoss @lastdex1
thank you guys, it's actually amaze me how this community can be such active and committed to helping others. But i still don't sure about effectiveness of like any routine if we talk about scars. Do you have procedure experience or some info about it? I mean such things as microneedling, lasers, subcision, tca-cross etc.

@BrahminBoss @lastdex1
thank you guys, it's actually amaze me how this community can be such active and committed to helping others. But i still don't sure about effectiveness of like any routine if we talk about scars. Do you have procedure experience or some info about it? I mean such things as microneedling, lasers, subcision, tca-cross etc.
you can do at home microneedling thats what @AySab (Who knows a lot more about this stuff) did and saw good results. lasers subcision and tca cross are a bit more higher end and imo can be last resort if taz glycolic oral supplements at home microneedling etc didnt work out. id give it 4 months and if u see little improvement then id consider laser subcision or peels (take b/a pics tho cos u tend to underestimate progress)

• +1
Reactions: MikeShinoda